Android Mygica ATV 1200. Android OS Firmware upgrade suggestions
(2014-05-18, 19:56)freakrant Wrote: Hi Justin,

Is there an update on this firmware flash?

We just posted it on our forum today.

Cant really post direct links on this forum

But our forum can be found on our website

mygica dot ca
Just loaded 4.2.2

I can't seem to find the bottom nav buttons so I can't get back to the home screen!! Where can I enable these buttons?

I was also hoping the supplied remote would work better than before but it seems a little worse to me. Anyone using a third party remote like the F10 or Neo A2? How well do these work?
(2014-06-04, 13:42)MusicMan62 Wrote: Just loaded 4.2.2

I can't seem to find the bottom nav buttons so I can't get back to the home screen!! Where can I enable these buttons?

I was also hoping the supplied remote would work better than before but it seems a little worse to me. Anyone using a third party remote like the F10 or Neo A2? How well do these work?

If you go into the SettingsMbox App, and then go into the Display menu, you will see an option to turn off the "Hide Status Bar". This will turn on the Navigation menu on the bottom of the screen.

However just hitting the F2 button on your third party remote, should take you back to the Home Screen, this button works on all of the Mygica external remotes we sell, just not sure if it will work on the remotes you mentioned.
(2014-04-28, 21:15)justin@mygica Wrote: 3. Power ON/OFF. Pressing the Power ON/OFF button once will put the box into standby mode. Holding down the Power ON/OFF button will give you the option of putting the box into standby mode, or to restart the box.

Justin, I've updated my box to 4.2.2. When I press the power button on the remote it switches the box off completely. I have to press the button on the box to start it again. Any suggestions on why it is not going into standby?
Dear Justin:

Sorry I'm off topic, but this is my dilemma. I just bought a MyGica 1200. I have a problem that on the first update it is stuck on an app called "Angry Birds" and will not go any further. We knew we would never be using Angry Birds so we deleted from the menu. Now it is stuck, it sits at "installing Angry Birds 11/16" and will not continue to finish the update. I left it for an hour and it has not changed. How can I rectify/reset/restore this?

Thanks for your help in advance or a direction to go to. I await your reply.

Mike
Mikey2931 - either send it back or flash with a new firmware. This is the best one http://www.mygica.ca/forum/viewtopic.php...469a567b22
Justin, I have just purchased a ATV1200 and I am awaiting delivery. Do I need to upgrade to the 4.1 20120918 firmware (if not already updated) which I have found here http://www.geniatech.com/news/mx-atv1200...uction.asp and appears you have your own version here as well http://www.mygica.ca/forum/viewtopic.php?f=41&t=26 before updating to 4.2.2 or can I just update straight to 4.2.2 regardless of which firmware is pre installed?
(2014-06-15, 22:14)mikey2931 Wrote: Dear Justin:

Sorry I'm off topic, but this is my dilemma. I just bought a MyGica 1200. I have a problem that on the first update it is stuck on an app called "Angry Birds" and will not go any further. We knew we would never be using Angry Birds so we deleted from the menu. Now it is stuck, it sits at "installing Angry Birds 11/16" and will not continue to finish the update. I left it for an hour and it has not changed. How can I rectify/reset/restore this?

Thanks for your help in advance or a direction to go to. I await your reply.

Mike

We have seen this problem before.

You will have to do a hard reset

Heres a link to our How to video on this

http://mygica.ca/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=1521

(2014-06-17, 19:27)lpoolck Wrote: Justin, I have just purchased a ATV1200 and I am awaiting delivery. Do I need to upgrade to the 4.1 20120918 firmware (if not already updated) which I have found here http://www.geniatech.com/news/mx-atv1200...uction.asp and appears you have your own version here as well http://www.mygica.ca/forum/viewtopic.php?f=41&t=26 before updating to 4.2.2 or can I just update straight to 4.2.2 regardless of which firmware is pre installed?

You can upgrade straight to 4.2.2 regardless of which version of 4.1 you have on the box you purchased.

(2014-06-15, 11:55)PaulT Wrote:
(2014-04-28, 21:15)justin@mygica Wrote: 3. Power ON/OFF. Pressing the Power ON/OFF button once will put the box into standby mode. Holding down the Power ON/OFF button will give you the option of putting the box into standby mode, or to restart the box.

Justin, I've updated my box to 4.2.2. When I press the power button on the remote it switches the box off completely. I have to press the button on the box to start it again. Any suggestions on why it is not going into standby?

This seems to be hit and miss with certain peoples units.

I have geniatech looking into fixing this with a firmware update.

Once we have a solution for this, it will be posted with a firmware update.
Is this firmware already rooted?

Thanks!
(2014-06-29, 01:06)imott Wrote: Is this firmware already rooted?

Thanks!

Yes it is
Hi Justin, I am having a problem restarting my 1200 box once I shutdown.I either have to take it off standby or unpower it.can you help. My firmware is v1.03.04MX01_20131102 also can I use a SD or USB card to download content from xbmc.
Thanks
Hi justin.

Just a question: I'm trying official xbmc (now Kodi) 13.2 on my atv1220 (similar to atv1200) and it runs better than my previous 12.x version...
Are you going to develop Kodi versions too or are we going to install official Kodi in order to be updated because now it works fine?

Thanks in advance.
Justin any plans to get Android Lollipop running on the ATV1200?

Thanks.
Hey Justin, my first post here and a bit of a newbie with android TV and Xbmc put I'm getting there.

One of the reasons I purchased the ATV 1200 was that it supported Skype too. The first thing I did on the Playstore was to update the Skype application. After plugging in my video camera "Logitech c920" I found out rather quickly there's no support for my video. There doesn't seem to be any settings for video in the Skype app on the Mygica 1200 for your camera. I can receive sound and video in a Skype conversation but can only send audio myself, no video? The sad thing is I bought two ATV 1200s so I could Skype with my Daughter on her TV... it's a "Christmas present"

Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Mike
@M!ke, you're more likely to find Justin at the mygica.ca forums than here.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Mygica ATV 1200. Android OS Firmware upgrade suggestions0