OS X Using XBMC on the same computer where MySQL and SMB shares are
I have a server with Mavericks that I use for everything, including hosting the SQL database for XBMC and sharing all the contents I have in several HDD. I have Server installed. I also want to use it for XBMC.

I can access the database hosted in that computer but it will not update latest contents nor play any file, as it can't see it's own SMB shares. I hope you know what I mean...

Is there any way that I can make it work, so this computer can see it's own SMB shares?
(2014-04-29, 13:56)EDV11 Wrote: I have a server with Mavericks that I use for everything, including hosting the SQL database for XBMC and sharing all the contents I have in several HDD. I have Server installed. I also want to use it for XBMC.

I can access the database hosted in that computer but it will not update latest contents nor play any file, as it can't see it's own SMB shares. I hope you know what I mean...

Is there any way that I can make it work, so this computer can see it's own SMB shares?

Two things I can think of, did you set a static IP address for the server machine and your SMB permissions are set so that you can't access the movies. For me, since I am on a local network, I set my permissions on my SMB server as guest access so that anyone can access it without needing a password.
Kodi 17, Transparency Skin
PogoPlug v4 running Arm Linux 4.4.63 as MySQL (mariadb) server.
Mac OS 10.12.5
2015 27" iMac 3.3 GHz Quad, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
2015 13" Macbook Pro, 8GB RAM, 256GB SSD
AppleTV 4 TV OS 10
(2014-04-30, 16:56)winestock Wrote:
(2014-04-29, 13:56)EDV11 Wrote: I have a server with Mavericks that I use for everything, including hosting the SQL database for XBMC and sharing all the contents I have in several HDD. I have Server installed. I also want to use it for XBMC.

Two things I can think of, did you set a static IP address for the server machine and your SMB permissions are set so that you can't access the movies. For me, since I am on a local network, I set my permissions on my SMB server as guest access so that anyone can access it without needing a password.

Yep, those two things are already done
(2014-04-30, 18:39)EDV11 Wrote:
(2014-04-30, 16:56)winestock Wrote:

Yep, those two things are already done

Post a debug log.
Kodi 17, Transparency Skin
PogoPlug v4 running Arm Linux 4.4.63 as MySQL (mariadb) server.
Mac OS 10.12.5
2015 27" iMac 3.3 GHz Quad, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
2015 13" Macbook Pro, 8GB RAM, 256GB SSD
AppleTV 4 TV OS 10

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Using XBMC on the same computer where MySQL and SMB shares are0