Bug episode count
The new version of swmc supports episode count appended to the directory title for series recordings (in hierarchical view). I found a bug with this yesterday: if you delete a recording from inside a series directory, after the recording is deleted, the directory is now empty - this is a little jarring since it looks like you deleted every episode rather than just one. But not to worry, when the episode is deleted the directory now has a new name (since the episode count has changed), so the directory you were in looks empty. When you go up a level, you will see that the series is till there, minus the episode you deleted.

This bug is not fixable in at least this version of xbmc, since the only way to specify the episode count is to put it in the directory title. If you don't like it, you can turn it off by setting this variable to false: IsAppendingEpisodeCount (in config.xml)

fyi, you can also change the format of the episode count with the string:
AppendEpisodeCountFormat
just remember you need the {0}, in the format string (that's where the count will go)
Windows Media Center PVR addon (pvr.wmc) and server backend (ServerWMC)
http://bit.ly/serverwmc
Any chance we can get a complete list of Configuration file parameters and what they do? I'd be happy to add that to the Wiki...

Perhaps this feature should be set to false by default and turned on only by those who are aware of this issue and don't mind it??
How about if you program ServerWMC so that it creates a new folder with the new correct number immediately, but does not delete the old folder for some number of seconds/minutes after the deletion.

In other words, if I am in

TV Show (5)

and I delete an episode, ServerWMC will immediately create a folder called

TV Show (4)

But, it will continue to also have

TV Show (5)

for 15 minutes after I delete the show?

Ideally, TV Show (5) would be hidden, so that it wouldn't show up on the listing, but it'd still exist and contents be provided if XBMC asks for it.
This bug will also affect the Recording Now folder if it changes while the user is in it.

Why not program ServerWMC to process requests for folders by trimming the number of episodes and then processing the request as if the feature were turned off.

So, when I request a list of Recorded TV, I'll get:

Modern Family (3)
Revenge (2)

But, when I send a request for Modern Family (3), ServerWMC will just drop the (3), process a request for "Modern Family" as if the feature were turned off, and send the list of shows?
I don't understand how your last suggestion would solve anything, if I send back the episode without the count it creates a new folder and the current folder is empty - just like it does now.

I like your second suggestion, except I won't create a 2nd directory (not sure it that that's even possible). But I could make it so that the re-tallying of the episode has a fuse after file operations. That would mean that for short intervals the episode count could be wrong, but most of the time it will be correct. I will experiment with it today (although we are in crunch time with my sons robotic's project but luckily the dude has school).

as always, thanks advocate!
What robotics? My sons team just took first place in St Louis, First Robotics world championship. We're in Michigan, I believe they teamed up with a California team sponsored by NASA
If I have been of help, please add to my reputation as a way of saying thanks, it's free.
Congrats! Its a different competition, my kids compete in MATE (underwater ROV's). My daughter's high school team took first in the international competition in Seattle last year (which really helped with college admissions). My son's elementary school is competing for the first time this year (at Scout level). Its not looking good Smile, but not too bad for a first effort.
You need to program ServerWMC to respond to these folders as if it were configured not to include episode counts at all. Have it strip the episode count if it receives one from the XBMC client and then behave just as it would had the feature never existed in the first place.

In other words, if ServerWMC receives a request for any of the following, it will respond with the same information:

Modern Family
Modern Family (1)
Modern Family (2)
Modern Family (3)
Modern Family (4)
Modern Family (5)

Because it will ignore the (x) and simply respond to the request with a list of Modern Family episodes. There's no reason to have a short "fuse." Just have it consistently ignore the (x) and respond as if the feature were disabled. If XBMC expects the (x) to be there in the response, then just include whatever (x) was in the request from XBMC in the responses, but generate the list from the data as if the (x) were not there.

(2014-04-30, 16:23)krustyreturns Wrote: I don't understand how your last suggestion would solve anything, if I send back the episode without the count it creates a new folder and the current folder is empty - just like it does now.

I like your second suggestion, except I won't create a 2nd directory (not sure it that that's even possible). But I could make it so that the re-tallying of the episode has a fuse after file operations. That would mean that for short intervals the episode count could be wrong, but most of the time it will be correct. I will experiment with it today (although we are in crunch time with my sons robotic's project but luckily the dude has school).

as always, thanks advocate!
(2014-04-30, 16:59)krustyreturns Wrote: Congrats! Its a different competition, my kids compete in MATE (underwater ROV's). My daughter's high school team took first in the international competition in Seattle last year (which really helped with college admissions). My son's elementary school is competing for the first time this year (at Scout level). Its not looking good Smile, but not too bad for a first effort.

Yeah, it can be some fun stuff but challenging, my son's a junior so hope it helps with college Smile

SORRY for taking thread off topic, we can now return to normal normal operation Smile
If I have been of help, please add to my reputation as a way of saying thanks, it's free.
@advocate99

It doesn't work that way (unless I am still am not getting you). Xbmc just requests a list of ALL your recordings, for each recording we specify name, path, etc. One of these fields is 'strdirectory', that we just fill in with the directory name. All recordings with the same name get grouped into the same directory.

I never got a chance to test the 'fuse' idea (me thinks you don't like this one very much) - I got myself sunburned instead (I'll be glad when the this competition is over).
Okay, so XBMC requests a full list and you supply it.

But, when I go into a specific folder, doesn't XBMC request a new list just for that folder, or does it use the existing list it already hasHuh

If XBMC requests a new list specific to the folder, then you should be able to just ignore the (x) and supply a new list. If XBMC does not request a new list, then I guess we're screwed... Smile
It uses the list it already has. It requests the recording list every 5 minutes or so, independent of your navigation inside the list.
I think it may be time to default this feature off, and ask the XBMC team to add it to the UI...
Yeah, probably so.
So how did you fix this??
I welcome comments and suggestions for the Kodi (XBMC) Set-up Guide that I wrote.
You can read it here:  http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=193310

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
episode count0