4.1.9 vs. 5
(2014-05-02, 22:23)Eldar3333 Wrote:
(2014-05-02, 05:35)Vaikin Wrote:
(2014-05-01, 21:22)Eldar3333 Wrote: Does anyone happen to have any screenshots that illustrate some of the differences?

Why not just download them both and try them?

For me I'd rather get a sense of what I want and get it done, rather than going back and forth between the two, if possible. I'm just saying some visual side-by-side comparison would be a helpful answer to the the question asked at the beginning of this thread.
Sorry to say but you will NEVER get a sense of how the two skins are from anyone's descriptions however detailed with pics they are unless you TRY them yourselves. its not going to be a lot.. just install the skins and go though them one after the other and you will see yourself. This is what XBMC is all about.. exploring, tweaking, customizing & THEN Enjoying !
There are too many differences between the two to display it in pictures. It would take a lot of pictures. Every view has been changed in some way.

(2014-05-02, 03:42)phate89 Wrote: A lot of people already explained the differences but i want to add my impression.
I tried for a copule of days aeon nox 4.1.9 for gotham and seems to me that is actually even heavier than aeon nox 4 for frodo and it has also more customizations and integration. Is it only me or someone got the same impression?

Version 4 has integrated many of the mods from the Frodo version. They are now built-into the skin.
(2014-05-03, 23:21)Warner306 Wrote: Version 4 has integrated many of the mods from the Frodo version. They are now built-into the skin.

Sure i know but this makes it lot slower to load even compared to the frodo 4.0.4
(2014-05-03, 23:36)phate89 Wrote:
(2014-05-03, 23:21)Warner306 Wrote: Version 4 has integrated many of the mods from the Frodo version. They are now built-into the skin.

Sure i know but this makes it lot slower to load even compared to the frodo 4.0.4

It doesn't seem any slower to me. I'd suggest using version 5, which is designed to address platforms that are underpowered. I'd suggest an intel i3 process or higher to run this skin effectively.
4 works good on Chromebox. If I'm playing a movie and messing with setting at the same time, it seems to freeze up. I'm assuming because the processor isn't good enough. 5 is just missing too many things i use. The random movie widget for one. The widgets don't seem to cooperate well yet in 5.
(2014-05-04, 06:05)McButton Wrote: 4 works good on Chromebox. If I'm playing a movie and messing with setting at the same time, it seems to freeze up. I'm assuming because the processor isn't good enough. 5 is just missing too many things i use. The random movie widget for one. The widgets don't seem to cooperate well yet in 5.
Random movie widget is in 5...
Installed XBMCbuntu 13 Gotham a few days ago, and I'm using Aeon Nox 5. Compared to 4, it's really missing a lot of eyecandy features that makes it heavier than now. It's good to know that AN5 is lighter than AN4, but all those missing features made me opt for AN4.
I just installed Gotham along with AN5 and hate to admit it but I absolutely hate it. It's nothing like AN4, the fonts have all changed, the lack of widgets on the home screen. Only 7 x 2 on the movie wall.

I instantly installed AN4 for Gotham and was releaved to be back to how AN theme should be. I'll be sticking with AN4 for the moment.

Easily the best skin out there for XBMC.
Can someone please tell me how to get AN4 for Gotham...I used AN4 in Frodo and really liked it. is much better than AN5 in Gotham
Regards,

PJ
(2014-05-10, 19:09)P_Jamula Wrote: Can someone please tell me how to get AN4 for Gotham...I used AN4 in Frodo and really liked it. is much better than AN5 in Gotham

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=185290
(2014-05-10, 19:48)Vaikin Wrote:
(2014-05-10, 19:09)P_Jamula Wrote: Can someone please tell me how to get AN4 for Gotham...I used AN4 in Frodo and really liked it. is much better than AN5 in Gotham

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=185290

Thankx
Regards,

PJ
I recently did the Gotham update and was an avid aeon nox user. After the upgrade I went to 5 and quite honestly did not like it. Too much missing. I then switched to aeon mq5. Played with that for a week and while it looked good and I got a few mods working, just didn't have the feel and too many options different or missing. Also all the options and text were super small to fit all the options.
As of yesterday i reverted back to official 4.09 and hope 1.9 gets an official nod and place on the repository.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
4.1.9 vs. 50