Win XBMC closes (not crashes?) during startup
Got up today and started up XBMC only to notice it automatically closes/crashes about 3 or 4 seconds, before it even gets into the main XBMC menu screen. The XBMC Frodo 12.0 screen comes up, then the screen that just says Aeon Nox (I am using that skin) and has a loading animation/circle, then about 2 seconds later XBMC closes out to the windows desktop.

XBMC started up fine and I played a couple of videos about 12 hours ago. Since then I haven't made any changes to anything and I hadn't even powered off or rebooted the PC.

After trying to run XBMC several times with it closing at the same time every time, I've tried rebooting the PC. Windows 8 did install some updates when I rebooted, that may have something to do with it? I've had windows updates completely break programs in the past...I also tried reinstalling adobe flash player because I uninstalled that a couple days ago (even though yesterday XBMC worked fine and that was after flash was uninstalled). After these steps it is still crashing at the exact same time.

Running XBMC Frodo 12.0
Windows 8

Here is the log with debug enabled
http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=189868
Remove the log from the forum and read Debug Log again
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
Apologies, it has been a while since I have been on this forum

Here is the correct log:

http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=189868
You sir have some shifty addons in there. Why don't you remove some of that crud and try again?
how do I remove addons without being in the xbmc gui?
and also which addons are shifty? A good amount of the addons were things I played around testing when I first installed this XBMC almost a year ago and don't use now, so I really don't need them. I haven't installed any addons for months so it'd be strange if that was causing this issue but I'm willing to try anything.
Same problem here
Been using xbmc for over a year with no problems but tonight it shuts down 5 seconds after startup

Tonight I turned on my PC and xbmc it player 2 minutes of a movie then shutdown.
After that it shuts down 5 seconds after startup.

I tried restarting my PC and a system restore from last week with no luck.
I have windows 7 x64 xbmc frodo with Aeon Nox

One clue is the first time I started xbmc an addon updated, I wasnt really paying attention but it could have been istreams or xunity

I'm also interested in finding out how to uninstall addons without being able to get into xbmc
Is it just a case of deleting the zip out of \AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\packages
I have 3 with todays date.
Having the same problem. I don't think it has anything to windows update as I haven't installed any, or un/installed any programs.

I assumed it had something to do with the Gotham update, or hasn't that went mainstream yet?

Sad
I fixed it
Not sure if this was wise but I had a folder in "\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons" with todays date.

"script.tv.show.next.aired"

I moved that folder elsewhere and started xbmc
Its working again

Edit.....
Sorry wrong folder
It was "script.tv.show.next.aired" that was the culprit in my case
edit: see below/above for fix!
If you have an optical disk in the drive you might want to remove it.. [DoWork: Optical media found in drive E:] an hard error pertains to the weather add-on get. You seem to have quite a lot going on, (looks like a alarm clock timer function is shutting this down) and given the state of your build, I would highly recommend you go for a fresh install of the latest Gotham (RC1 ATM) and then add your 3rd party additions one at a time, with an eye towards functionality. At least this way, you'll have the latest, and be secure for the future.

To keep your present XBMC build, rename both the XBMC in programs and roaming to something else, install Gotham, and have a play ensure it's functionality and add sources, hopefully you have already exported to file folders as separate files, the rebuild should be quick.
(2014-04-30, 23:07)Timbrin66 Wrote: I fixed it
Not sure if this was wise but I had a folder in "\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons" with todays date.

"script.tv.show.next.aired"

I moved that folder elsewhere and started xbmc
Its working again

Edit.....
Sorry wrong folder
It was "script.tv.show.next.aired" that was the culprit in my case

great thanks for posting that
I did the same, it was the exact same thing for me, that folder had been modified today, I moved it elsewhere and now xbmc loads up fine. Its also helpful to note that something to do with that addon/script was mentioned in one of the last 5 or so lines of my debug log.

Seems like that must have auto updated with broken code. I'm not sure if that addon is part of aeon nox? I did not install any addon called anything "next aired" but aeon nox has a slideshow for the library's latest movie/tv show as a "widget"
(2014-04-30, 22:49)Timbrin66 Wrote: I'm also interested in finding out how to uninstall addons without being able to get into xbmc Is it just a case of deleting the zip out of \AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\packages

Normally you use XBMC to disable the 3rd party application through the GUI, this is especially true of official add-ons from the repository at XBMC.org. But as some have noted, there are 3rd party add-on that take liberties with your build, and install extraneous data in areas which are not part of guidelines set out by the XBMC developers, the usage of this extra material is for the most part unknown. Reading the Wiki's and Faqs there is warnings, and in fact you can uninstall through the GUI and still leave malicious code like a time bomb. Sometimes a manual file delete in add-ons works, but sometimes not, a total XBMC re-install from scratch is the only way to bring full compatibility and functionality.

Keeping a good back-ups is the best way to ensure the least amount of pain.
(2014-04-30, 23:23)ivanalbright Wrote: great thanks for posting that
I did the same, it was the exact same thing for me, that folder had been modified today, I moved it elsewhere and now xbmc loads up fine. Its also helpful to note that something to do with that addon/script was mentioned in one of the last 5 or so lines of my debug log.

Seems like that must have auto updated with broken code. I'm not sure if that addon is part of aeon nox? I did not install any addon called anything "next aired" but aeon nox has a slideshow for the library's latest movie/tv show as a "widget"

No problem
That addon seems to be this
Add-on:TV Show - Next Aired
I dont remember installing it either.

I think now is a good time to remove some of those addons I dont use.

I wont be updating yet a while, If its not broke dont fix it
(2014-04-30, 23:28)Timbrin66 Wrote:
(2014-04-30, 23:23)ivanalbright Wrote: great thanks for posting that

No problem
That addon seems to be this
Add-on:TV Show - Next Aired
I dont remember installing it either.

I think now is a good time to remove some of those addons I dont use.

I wont be updating yet a while, If its not broke dont fix it
Same problem and same fix here. I also use Aeon Nox. I suspect that the script (Next Aired) we are removing might be part of an add-on that we use. Can anyone comment on that?
(2014-05-01, 02:17)jbrid Wrote: Same problem and same fix here. I also use Aeon Nox. I suspect that the script (Next Aired) we are removing might be part of an add-on that we use. Can anyone comment on that?

I just removed the folder and Aeon Nox and XBMC in general is all working fine. Watching a movie right now in fact. This addon seems to be related to live TV and the "tv guide" rather than just downloaded tv shows in your library-- perhaps since I don't use any live TV stuff it's not ever going to be a problem.

I went through and removed a bunch of addons I dont use. I didn't notice "next aired" in my installed addons list so yeah I'm guessing it came with Aeon Nox.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC closes (not crashes?) during startup0