Win Cant find movie, do you want to delete?
Hallo,

I have XBMC Frodo V12.0 RC installed on a media center with Windows 7. It collects the movies from a folder on a NAS server (Synology DS414).

I some times experience problems where when I play a movie, then I get the information that "This movie is no longer in the folder, do you want to delete?".

That happens randomly on different movies. When I then start another file on same server (for example a Tv-series episode, also added as SMB), then suddenly i can find the movie which I couldn't find before and play it?

I have tried using my Laptop with Windows 8, and the same problem occur.

If I select Update Libray then nothing happens if the error "This movie is no longer in the folder, do you want to delete?" is present.

I have added the movie folder as a Windows Networkserver(SMB). Is this wrong? (SMB://XXX.XXX.X.XX/Film

My Synology are running DSM 4.3.

Hope someone got an idea on what I have done wrong.

Best Regards
Thomas
It's probably just timing out when it waits for the drive to spin up, or the nas to respond over-all.
I doubt that, since i can access it fine through DSM 4.3 with no delay at all. And i can see in the DSM4.3 that they are ready to rock. :-)

My hdd in the nas are 3 x Red WD40EFRX 4tb and 1 x 2tb.
They are using Synologys Hybrid Raid.

Best Regards,
Thomas
Sounds exactly like what Ned said -after browsing another file on same nas - drives spin up - thus all paths to movies are valid again.
I'm not familiar with your synology but I guess its something to do with the drives taking a while to spin up - (reiterating what Ned Scott said)
If you have options not to spin down discs you could try that - (although running discs 24-7 is not always a good option) - but thats what wd reds are for, isnt it ?
Check out my Fanart.tv stuff!
...........I also accept disc requests if image not on fanart.tv database !!!!
Aye, red is for 24/7 running. I will see what i can do in dsm 4.3.

Cheers both of you.
Best regards,
Thomas
let us know how you get on Smile
Check out my Fanart.tv stuff!
...........I also accept disc requests if image not on fanart.tv database !!!!
I had a talk with Synology and checked the settings, and my HDD do not hibernate.

I noticed a new thing related to the problem.

I use Aeon Nox.

When I enter the Movie folder, then I cant run the movie, before I have runned a TV-show, but I found out that if I Enter the Movie folder and use the [...] in the top, until I can select which folder to use and go into the Movie folder here then it work ASAP.

I added a picture diasshow, with what happens.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/1y19ba8pbqngv...T83fKugPsa

So it looks like my problem is that my folder dont speak with the "movie" userinterface in front, but it does in theback...

It

Any idea what that can be?

Shall I add it differently than SMB://?

Best Regards,
Thomas
Try and map your Nas drive as a network drive on your pc. Then add the network drive as a source in xbmc.
I tried to made a Shortcut to the NAS drive on the mediacenter. Is that what you ment? Because I cant add it in XBMC. (The shortcut)
Hello again,

does anyone know any reason why this is happening?

I have tried to contact Synology, and my Diskstation is online and working and it aint "sleeping" when the error occurs.

(I got 4 computers connected to the Media center, and sometimes 1 have the problem but the others doesn't, and it can be all 4 computers..)

I tried installing XBMC newest version 13.1, but the error are the same.

Relinking the pictures to the error.
Dropbox pictures

Any suggestions are must appreciated!
Did you try to map as a network drive? I had the similar problem many moons ago and it solved my problem. The Synology website shows you how

https://www.synology.com/en-uk/support/tutorials/565
(2014-08-15, 14:28)prawnee Wrote: Did you try to map as a network drive? I had the similar problem many moons ago and it solved my problem. The Synology website shows you how

https://www.synology.com/en-uk/support/tutorials/565

Thanks Prawnee, I will try this. :-)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Cant find movie, do you want to delete?0