Gotham Build failed ( JsonSchemaBuilder )
Use git 1st May

got
=> ../../../tools/depends/native/JsonSchemaBuilder/JsonSchemaBuilder: ../../../tools/depends/native/JsonSchemaBuilder/JsonSchemaBuilder: cannot execute binary file

because of (?)
# file tools/depends/native/JsonSchemaBuilder/JsonSchemaBuilder
./tools/depends/native/JsonSchemaBuilder/JsonSchemaBuilder: ELF 64-bit LSB executable

I have 32Bit openSuSE 12.3 so this could not work. There's a Workaround ?

Thanks
Server OpenSuSE 12.3 - vdr-2.2.0 - 2xSatelco EasyWatch-C - streamdev-server git-19.02.15
Client OpenSuSE 12.3 - vdr-2.2.0 - SoftHDDevice git-19.02.15 - XBMC - Nvidia GT 610 / 331.79
Client Zbox ID84 OpenSuse 12.3 - vdr-2.2.0 - SoftHDDevice git-19.02.15 - Nvidia 331.79
stop using master branch if you want Gotham
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
Sorry, but thats not the answer of my question
Server OpenSuSE 12.3 - vdr-2.2.0 - 2xSatelco EasyWatch-C - streamdev-server git-19.02.15
Client OpenSuSE 12.3 - vdr-2.2.0 - SoftHDDevice git-19.02.15 - XBMC - Nvidia GT 610 / 331.79
Client Zbox ID84 OpenSuse 12.3 - vdr-2.2.0 - SoftHDDevice git-19.02.15 - Nvidia 331.79
could be easily build and copied from src Subdirectory
fixed in git, re-pull and run git clean -xfd
I know it´s not Gotham but I take it OP meant Helix (or just master), but my problem might be related (I think?).

I get a similar problem when cross compiling for Pi (from Linux Mint 32-bit), I don´t get 'cannot execute binary file' though.
Don´t know if it matters, but I use a chroot environment and USE_BUILDROOT=0.

The actual error:
Code:
make -C xbmc/interfaces/json-rpc ServiceDescription.h
make[2]: Entering directory `/src/temp/xbmc/xbmc/interfaces/json-rpc'
../../../tools/depends/native/JsonSchemaBuilder/JsonSchemaBuilder schema/version.txt schema/license.txt schema/methods.json schema/types.json schema/notifications.json
../../../tools/depends/native/JsonSchemaBuilder/JsonSchemaBuilder: 1: ../../../tools/depends/native/JsonSchemaBuilder/JsonSchemaBuilder: Syntax error: word unexpected (expecting ")")
make[2]: *** [ServiceDescription.h] Error 2

The binary:
# file tools/depends/native/JsonSchemaBuilder/JsonSchemaBuilder
JsonSchemaBuilder: ELF 32-bit LSB executable, ARM, version 1 (SYSV), dynamically linked (uses shared libs), for GNU/Linux 2.6.26, not stripped'
you can't do it like that. JsonSchemaBuilder must be compiled for the host platform not for pi. Unified depends take care of that, the buildroot makefile might need an update.
Thanks wsnipex, had a feeling that would be the answer.
Actually been doing it this way for over 1,5 years, either there are different solutions for other stuff or this is the first binary depend during runtime (?).
Will have a look on a workaround, cheers.
its not a runtime dep, its only used during bootstrap(or on changes to the json schema, which only ever happens for devs)

you can compile jsonbuilder manually for the host platform first: make -C tools/depends/native/JsonSchemaBuilder/

after that run your build as usual.
Thanks, that was what I was going for. Wink
almost forgot, you can put the resulting jsonbuilder binary somewhere in your PATH as well. No need to always recompile it.
Ah ok, that´s very convenient, I´ll look into that.
But it only took 2 seconds though, but much more convenient if I want to automate the process though.
Thanks!

And it did work, configured and compiled without errors.
(2014-05-07, 15:16)wsnipex Wrote: almost forgot, you can put the resulting jsonbuilder binary somewhere in your PATH as well. No need to always recompile it.

And a guarantied yes to cause issues when JsonSchemaBuilder changes Smile
Bumped into this issue myself today; although I've been compiling the FernetMenta branch several times before during the ActiveAE testing builds without hitting it.
@wsnipex - was there an intermediate state in the jsonschemabuilder makefile at one point where it would be built for target instead of native? Because yesterday i found an arm binary JsonSchemaBuilder aswell in my xbmc-depends/native-buildtools/bin folder on one of my osx rigs. Not sure when that happened. Removing it and recompiling from depends correctly gave me the x86_64 version of that tool.

Or is there something trigger an implicit compile of JsonSchemaBuilder? (something which doesn't honor target vs. native) and just compiling it directly via depends fixes it? (my bet on that theory tbh).
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Gotham Build failed ( JsonSchemaBuilder )0