quick music database, slow music start
Hello,

One of the "problems" with the Frodo version of xbmc, was that the music library would take (with a couple thousand songs like in my case) up to 40 seconds to display. With Gotham, it now takes around 3-4 seconds to do the same thing, bravo !

p.s. this is on a raspberry pi with all media over smb using MySQL on that same server.

The only "glitch" left with my setup is that when selecting a song, it takes a few (20-30) seconds to start playback. It's like if it was building the playlist or something. I am running with random activated. Once the first song is playing, going to the next is pretty quick. If I select a song myself from the list, then again, I have to wait 20-30 seconds.

Is there anything I can do to help "fix" this last problem I have with the music library ?
Post a Debug log
depending on your settings XBMC will create a playlist out of the currently visible songs - so yes, this could take some time (like when you're in "title" view)
Anybody know if any work in helix will be done on playlist generation time ? it's the only thing that stops me from getting completely rid of my cd player !!!
AFAIK nothing happened so far
oh well Sad

it's really that last thing to get rid of the cd player and do it all with the pi and Kodi !

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
quick music database, slow music start0