Linux Fanart/clearart/etc not loading in XBMCBuntu
Hey all,

I have a fresh install of XBMCBuntu and just loaded up the MQ5 skin on Gotham RC1. I've been using AQ5 on my other HTPC, so I'd already downloaded all the fanart for the view I like, and all that. But when I go into those same views on this HTPC, the clearart/posters/logos only show up for a few of my TV shows, not nearly all of them. I can set them manually through the contextual menu, but it'd be a total pain having to go through each kind of art for every show. Running the artwork downloader does NOT help for some reason. When I look at the corresponding folders on my source NAS, all the art is there. What gives!?

Thanks!
Do you have artwork downloader to look for local files first?
My fanart.tv & themoviedb.org accounts.

I sure do!
Have you tried deleting the textures.db?

(2014-05-03, 22:42)Samu-rai Wrote: Have you tried deleting the textures.db?

I haven't! What are the effects of that, and where can I find it? If I have MySQL set up, will it mess up anything on my other machines?
It's in the databases folder in userdata.

It will cause XBMC to re cache all of the images it uses.

It will only have an effect of the system you do it on, so don't think it will have any effect of MySQL.

Hi, I have the same similar issue issue and I can't figure out to resolve it. I have windows 8.1/xbmc 13.1 and I scraped all movies with Mediaelch.

My movies (stored in NAS) are NOT organized in folder, so the structure is

<baseFileName>.nfo
<baseFileName>-poster.jpg
<baseFileName>-fanart.jpg
<baseFileName>-logo.png
<baseFileName>-clearart.png
<baseFileName>-disc.png
<baseFileName>-banner.jpg

When I add movie source everything works and plot, poster, fanart are loaded correctly but LOGO, CLEARART and DISC are NOT loaded. WHY??

I'm sure that in artwork downloader the "local files" is checked. I tried to delete textures.db, myvideos78.db and rescan with no luck.
I also tried to change movies structures in folder again with no luck.

If I manually scrape with artwork downloader they appears correctly but I can't do this for all my huge movie database...

Spent hours looking through posts regarding local artwork and I found nothing helpful...can someone help me please?

Thanks in advance!
I am 99% sure you need to have your files in folders to use artwork downloader.

The only way that work for "Artwork Downloader" is :
- You need to have each film/TV shows in HIS own folder
- Your fanart / discart / ... must have the right name

Look : http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Add...Downloader specially "7 Naming conventions"

Sorry for my english I'm frenchy
Hi, thanks for your replies.

As described before I have already tried to change folder structure.

For example I put 4 movies in a desktop folder for a test. So they are:

<desktop path>\Film\8 Mile

and inside

8 Mile.avi
8 Mile.nfo
banner.jpg
clerart.png
disc.png
fanart.png
landscape.jpg
logo.png
poster.jpg

I added this new source with local information only and again plot, poster, fanart are loaded correctly but LOGO, CLEARART and DISC are NOT loaded.

What's wrong?? Sad

Someone else has same problem.. https://forum.fanart.tv/viewtopic.php?f=...b&start=10
Whatever it is, it's not a skin issue.

Try asking in the artwork downloader thread.

(2014-08-24, 23:18)-Vic- Wrote: Hi, thanks for your replies.

As described before I have already tried to change folder structure.

For example I put 4 movies in a desktop folder for a test. So they are:

<desktop path>\Film\8 Mile

and inside

8 Mile.avi
8 Mile.nfo
banner.jpg
clerart.png
disc.png
fanart.png
landscape.jpg
logo.png
poster.jpg

I added this new source with local information only and again plot, poster, fanart are loaded correctly but LOGO, CLEARART and DISC are NOT loaded.

What's wrong?? Sad

Someone else has same problem.. https://forum.fanart.tv/viewtopic.php?f=...b&start=10

*Core* scrapers ("Local information only", "TMDB") will only load poster and fanart artwork. The remaining artwork (landscape.jpg, clearart.png, logo.png, disc.png etc.) is considered NON-STANDARD and therefore not processed by the core scrapers.

To load non-standard artwork you'll need to use something like Artwork Downloader, or scripts. Skins may also make use of non-standard artwork (ie. extrafanart, extrathumbs etc.), but this again is non-standard and skin specific.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
(2014-08-25, 00:10)Samu-rai Wrote: Whatever it is, it's not a skin issue.

Try asking in the artwork downloader thread.

Thank you Samu-rai,

I know that is not a skin issue, I just continued this topic because is very similar to my issue.
If you prefer I'll open another one in the correct section Blush

(2014-08-25, 00:33)Milhouse Wrote: *Core* scrapers ("Local information only", "TMDB") will only load poster and fanart artwork. The remaining artwork (landscape.jpg, clearart.png, logo.png, disc.png etc.) is considered NON-STANDARD and therefore not processed by the core scrapers.

To load non-standard artwork you'll need to use something like Artwork Downloader, or scripts. Skins may also make use of non-standard artwork (ie. extrafanart, extrathumbs etc.), but this again is non-standard and skin specific.

Thank you very much Milhouse, you cleared my doubts!!

Since I have already all files needed (including disk art and logos) I thought that the core scraper was capable to catch them...I was mistake Shy

I just have another question: is there a way to load automatically NON standard artwork without start "solo mode" of artwork downloader for each movie??

Thanks again!
Yeah, go into 'Program addons' and run it from there. Make sure the addon config is correct first though, otherwise you could pull down new art and overwrite your local art. I think the latest version has an option as to which sites to scrape for art. Just turn them all off and make sure 'use local files' is turned on.
Learning Linux the hard way !!
(2014-08-25, 21:04)-Vic- Wrote: Thank you Samu-rai,

I know that is not a skin issue, I just continued this topic because is very similar to my issue.
If you prefer I'll open another one in the correct section Blush

I'm just saying you're more likely to get the help you're looking in in the thread for the addon you have questions about Smile

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Fanart/clearart/etc not loading in XBMCBuntu0