Audio Issue after updating from Frodo to Gotham
That's interesting - and not stupid... many thanks!
I also have audio problems since gotham on my mac mini (2012) and tried change audio settings but still no luck.
Audio from the center speaker comes out the rear left speaker since gotham.
Any ideas anyone?

Edit: Just got it fixed and runs fine now.
How did you fix it?
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
I would be curious to know as well. I am still having the issue with HDMI disappearing. Seems like a few people are having the same issue. Happening on RC1 as well.
I found the answer here http://wiki.xbmc.org/?title=Settings
(2014-06-02, 21:46)dbz1985 Wrote: I found the answer here http://wiki.xbmc.org/?title=Settings

I assume you simply enabled transcoding to AC3, which lowers audio quality or you simply never encounter 5.1 AAC or 5.1 FLAC and you enabled DTS and AC3 passthrough, which bypasses the issue for supported passthrough formats.

These workarounds are fine as temporary solutions but they don't solve the core of the issue which is properly mapped multichannel LPCM audio on mac which was broken with 13.x.

I didn't see the fix mentioned in the 13.1 release notes, so I assume it hasn't landed yet.

Oh well 12.3 keeps chugging along while I wait.

I even tested it on 10.10 dev preview and it works perfectly. So it doesn't look like even the 10.10 OSX upgrade will break it.
its already fixed in master nightlies and will be fixed in 13.2 aswell (channel mapping that is)
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
(2014-06-07, 23:25)Cpuroast Wrote:
(2014-06-02, 21:46)dbz1985 Wrote: I found the answer here http://wiki.xbmc.org/?title=Settings

I assume you simply enabled transcoding to AC3, which lowers audio quality or you simply never encounter 5.1 AAC or 5.1 FLAC and you enabled DTS and AC3 passthrough, which bypasses the issue for supported passthrough formats.

These workarounds are fine as temporary solutions but they don't solve the core of the issue which is properly mapped multichannel LPCM audio on mac which was broken with 13.x.

I didn't see the fix mentioned in the 13.1 release notes, so I assume it hasn't landed yet.

Oh well 12.3 keeps chugging along while I wait.

I even tested it on 10.10 dev preview and it works perfectly. So it doesn't look like even the 10.10 OSX upgrade will break it.

You are right about what I did but lucky for us we now know (thx to Memphis) that it will be fixed with gotham 13.2 Big Grin

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Audio Issue after updating from Frodo to Gotham1