Gotham Crashing on Movies Scan
OK, so I did a fresh install of 13.1 Beta2. I added only 3 files (different types, details in the log) to a folder, made it a source and scanned it. It worked fine. I then added a subfolder to the source named "subfolder" and put American Beauty in it. I can navigate to the subfolder and even look up the movie info on American Beauty, but a scan for new content caused a crash.

Here is the log: http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=214775
Please give me the exact names of the files in the "subfolder" folder so that I can try to reproduce.
American Beauty.m4v.

However, the crash will still happen if the subfolder is empty.
I still have the same problem, even after a complete factory wipe of my Ouya and a clean XBMC 13.1 RC1 install. I tried the subfolder workaround mentioned by guentjo and I tried many combinations of test folders with (1) only a single movie file, (2) single movie file with metadata (NFO, JPG, etc...), (4) multiple movie files (various formats with and without metadata), (5) no media at all -- all of these resulted in a crash or freeze of XBMC directly after adding the new source (just before cleaning/scanning).

I was able to get a functional workaround by enabling SSH on my DD-WRT NAS/Router and using SFTP/SSH to locate the media rather than SAMBA. When I take SAMBA out of the equation everything works perfectly. I would almost believe this is just a problem with the SAMBA implementation on my router, except that the TV shows shared from the same router over SAMBA work perfectly, no grief at all.
I can confirm, once I switch to non-Samba/Cifs to SSH as a source, everything works. When my Ouya, running XBMC 13.1 RC1, tries to use Samba, it dies much like the others, with a final line of:

XFILE::CSMBDirectory::OpenDir(const CURL&, CStdString&) - Using authentication url smb://nibbler/MusicMovies/Movies
Same problem for me with XBMC 13.1 Gotham + Android media player + SMB mapped drives

Scan Movies over SMB results in XBMC crashing. TV series scan works fine.

I have created a new directory on my NAS only added three movie directories - same issue. I then deleted them and added another three movies, and experienced the exact same issue. Why is only the Movies scan failing and not the TV series scan?

The exact same configuration to my Android device is loaded on my Windows laptop and it works fine. I have tried mapping the drive rather with SSH on the Android device and this works now.

I can send the log file if you want (just PM me), but it should be very easy to reproduce.

I have added a few more comments here if you like: http://www.mygica.ca/forum/viewtopic.php...4225#p4225
Yeah, hate to be the guy to bump — but this has been happening consistently running both Gotham and Kodi 14/Helix.

If a folder in a "Movies" designated video source has a subfolder — empty or not — and that video source has been mounted via smb, the movie scraper will crash.

This does not happen for a "TV" designated video source.

I'm more than willing to help anyone who needs more diagnostics — just guide me through it.

I'm running on an AMZ FireTV box.
Same thing is happening to me. Has anyone found a fix for this?
No crash logs, no help
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
I am like other users in this thread that have a Dlink DNS-323 NAS reporting this same issue. The problem seems to be with the DNS-323 firmware and Android is unable to utilize it as a result while Windows has no issues.

On the DNS-323 I was able to resolve the issue by using the alternative firmware ALT-F on the DNS-323 NAS. When installing this firmware for the first time it runs a check on the drives and repairs issues with how the stock firmware shuts down the NAS. After doing this and re-mounting the folders with SAMBA I was successfully able to remap the folders in XBMC/Kodi using SAMBA, scan a folder containing multiple folders of movies into the database. No SSL setup required.

Hope this helps any future DNS-323/XBMC/Android user that happens to come across this thread.
Anyone find a fix?
i'm having a similar issue to the OP on android (fire TV) with gotham, SPMC and Kodi. when scanning my movies, all is well, but tv gets through a chunk before crashing. i don't have this problem against the same directories on openelec or windows 8.1. i'm using nfs to connect to a synology nas. I'll read up on how to capture some logs and add them to the thread.
ok, i've not had success with getting the logs off the fire tv, so please bear with the screenshots here. the crash appears to be caused by a bad .jpg in one of the folders. if i scan that folder directly, it immediately crashes and after removing the file, i was able to scan the show. here's the error:

here's a link to the problem .jpg - https://www.dropbox.com/s/z3dokzf56tnllf...r.jpg?dl=0

what's odd to me is that this only seems to impact android, maybe something in the code of how it handles the bad image?

hopefully that helps, let me know if there's anything else i can do to assist.
Hello
Is there a fix for this problem because on my 2 android devices kodi crashes when scanning movies folders on smb share.
Thanks.
---POST DELETED -- Incorect information

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Gotham Crashing on Movies Scan5