Source cannot be accessed
Hello,

I have a Synology DS414 NAS where all my videos are stored on. I also moved the XBMC DB to the Maria DB (MySQL derivate) on that NAS so the libraries are synched among all clients. After eliminating some problems at the beginning, this worked fine. All my clients use XBMC 12.2/.3

Some time ago I startet getting the problem, that XBMC would show "Preparing..." for 10 Minuites or so when scanning for new content. I googled this and found a forum entry for XBMC 11 that basically said this is a peroblem, if the network storage is not available. (I think this was it: http://babylon.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=150463)

After researching some more, I found out, that my problem was caused by the NAS being set to send the HDDs into "deep sleep". When XBMC accessess the NAS it takes a couple of seconds to reactivate the HDDs which seems to be too long for XBMC. This, inspite the fact that according to that forum entry XBMC 12 should have a feature to "wake up" a NAS and wait ofr it to be online again.

I changed the NAS setting back to normal sleep mode and the problem went away.

A couple of weeks ago I started getting the "Preparing..." issue again. After playing around with XBMC I noticed the following behavior:

When starting my HTPC (Windows 7/XBMC 12.3 SMB Share to the NAS). I could not access any of the videos. XBMC would say "Cannot find this video. Do you want to delete this library entry?"
When I then went to Videos->Files and selcted any source. I would get the "working..." info at the bottom which would need a little time, but eventually it would display teh contents of the source.

After I do that, XBMC works normally. I can access all the videos and also scan the library. I also noticed that sometimes accessing the source takes a shorter time then others.
I now also tried this on another PC with a freshly installed XBMC 13 RC1 and I get the same issue.

I would like to fix this issue, so that XBMC finds the source immediatly after starting by itself. Any ideas how to do that.

Also idealy I would like to use the deep sleep mode of my NAS again and figzre hout how XBMC can wake it up and still access the sources.
Same issue here althogh my NAS hdd's aren't set to hibernate after a while. Problems first started with the final build of gotham
I have the same exact problem with my setup, using a Synology NAS , when i start up XBMC and go into movies and choose a random movie it says that "Cannot find this video. Do you want to delete this library entry" then i go back and into Video and into files and choose the same movie and it starts up right away, then i can go back to my movie liberary and then all is working as intended again.. very strange.
Same here with a synology DS213j , but also that all my episodes are missing from the dbase , every 2 days have to do a scan for new content 1 serie at the time
Hi guys,

I have a ds414 as well and same issue. Any fix for it yet?
Not that I know. I condsidered rwimporting my libraray to the htpc, because i suspect it is related to the library sharing.
Hi,

Thanks. What is the best workaround for now?
I have a 213j, but experience none of this. I have the NAS set to let HDD's sleep (internal and USB; it says something like "will be activated if your hdd's support it"), but all sources are always available when I start XBMC. I have used DSM 4 and 5, never had a problem. Perhaps there are some other power saving settings that I don;t use??
Do you select advanced hibernation?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Source cannot be accessed0