Media Naming - question about multiple episodes
Greetings,

I almost have my entire library ready and about to install Gotham for the first time. From the media naming section of the website, it lists the following:

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2.2 Multi-episode

In cases where your file contains more than one episode, you can specify all the episodes included. Everything after the first found pattern match will be checked for further matches to the same pattern.

Examples
anything_s01e01_s01e02.ext
anything.s01e01.episode1.title.s01e02.episode2.title.ext
anything.s01e01.s01e02.s01e03.ext
anything.1x01_1x02.ext
anything.s01e01 1x02.ext (mixed patterns do not work)
anything.ep01.ep02.ext

The remainder will also be checked against a shorter form multi-episode pattern.

Examples
anything.s01e01e02.ext
anything.s01e01-02-03.ext
anything.1x01x02.ext
anything.ep01_02.ext
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have two sets of examples to provide to you, so I will keep it simple and to the point.

2 Broke Girls - S01E23-E24 - And Martha Stewart Have a Ball.mkv
Bones - S04E01-E02 - Yanks in the U.K..avi

What would be the correct way to properly name these two aforementioned items?

Also, I have a question about the correct way to name this one episode that is part of 8 seasons, would this be the correct way to name this episode?

1) 24 - S01E01 - 1200 A.M.-100 A.M..avi

I use FileBot for all of my naming needs.

Also, does XBMC properly handle the multi-episodes when they are played? So, for instance, will it update the watched status correctly, thus marking both episodes as being watched?

Lastly, is there any problem in having "periods" in the episode title name before the extension, like in the episode "Bones" that I have earlier? TheTVDB.com web site lists the episode with the periods in the title name.

I greatly appreciate any and all assistance and many thanks in advance.

Sincerely,

noeyebrows

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Media Naming - question about multiple episodes0