Freezing problem
@Psepha: take your time. Any dev help is appreciated Smile
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
*scratch last plea for help* found some log files showing the problem. java.exe not recognised. Still working on it.
OK, Sort of success. Firstly, and unbelievable, the freezing has drastically reduced - It may be a recent patch in Windows 8.1 or some other reason. I will reinstall version 12 to see if I can repeat the long freezes the move back to 13 and start rolling back patches. However shorter freezes were found at the following position - code line and stack trace

if( FAILED( hr = m_pDI->EnumDevices( DI8DEVCLASS_GAMECTRL, EnumJoysticksCallback, this, DIEDFL_ATTACHEDONLY ) ) )
return;

Stack-->

> XBMC.exe!CJoystick::Initialize() Line 207 C++
XBMC.exe!CJoystick::Reinitialize() Line 521 C++
XBMC.exe!CWinEventsWin32::WndProc(HWND__ * hWnd, unsigned int uMsg, unsigned int wParam, long lParam) Line 456 C++
[External Code]
[Frames below may be incorrect and/or missing, no symbols loaded for user32.dll]
XBMC.exe!CWinEventsWin32::MessagePump() Line 388 C++
XBMC.exe!CWinEvents::MessagePump() Line 84 C++
XBMC.exe!CApplication::FrameMove(bool processEvents, bool processGUI) Line 2953 C++
XBMC.exe!CXBApplicationEx::Run() Line 140 C++
XBMC.exe!WinMain(HINSTANCE__ * hInst, HINSTANCE__ * __formal, char * commandLine, int __formal) Line 239 C++
[External Code]
OK, Sorry all. Have reinstalled version 12.3 - no freeze. Rolled back patches to the beginning of the month but still no long freeze with the dodgy USB hub. At least I can now set up the environment quickly if there are any further issues (happy to look into possible bugs if people have them and time permits) and there is a potential work-round but I can't at the moment reproduce anymore. Given the number of changes on my system it will be difficult to pinpoint (I should have checked after each installation, *smack*). If MS ever sort out USB on Hyper-V I'll start from a base build but at the moment it's gone I'm afraid.
Then please feel free to help with other issues you might have Smile
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
I can reproduce it, but I don't know how to run these compilers and things.
snowbrdd - is the Joystick input option enabled in your System settings input screen? If so can you disable it to see if the freeze still happens. Means I can ignore the short 'freeze' I have been left with
Thanks
It is enabled. I can't reproduce the freezing as of today though. I'm not too sure why.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Freezing problem0