(Nox 4.1.9.9 Gotham) Copying Movie menu item
Hi,

I was able to figure this out in Nox in Frodo, but now with Nox 4.1.9.9 on Gotham RC1 I'm stumped:

I use the customizer to change Custom1 to be called "Kids", and set the Function to be "Video Folder" and choose the correct folder

Now when I navigate to this menu item and click it, it brings up a menu with eight items in it "Movies, Tv Shows, In progress TV shows, etc". What I want it to do is is go straight into an Infowall of the folder of movies I selected in the customizer. Basically behave the same way that the standard "Movies" menu item behaves.

I'm sure I just need to click a setting somewhere, but I'm stumped!

Thanks!

Damon
I just tried Nox 5 with the Release version of 13. What I am trying to accomplish in my poorly worded post above is to split movies into two different Menu items. One called Movies (which will map to a folder s:\movies) and one called Kids (which will map to a folder s:\kids).

What's the right way to do that?

Thanks!
(2014-05-05, 01:23)damonbrodie Wrote: I just tried Nox 5 with the Release version of 13. What I am trying to accomplish in my poorly worded post above is to split movies into two different Menu items. One called Movies (which will map to a folder s:\movies) and one called Kids (which will map to a folder s:\kids).

Thanks!

Create a smart playlist. The playlist rule should say: "path contains." Point to the folder you want, and name the playlist. Those playlists can then be turned into custom menu items.
(2014-05-05, 01:26)Warner306 Wrote:
(2014-05-05, 01:23)damonbrodie Wrote: I just tried Nox 5 with the Release version of 13. What I am trying to accomplish in my poorly worded post above is to split movies into two different Menu items. One called Movies (which will map to a folder s:\movies) and one called Kids (which will map to a folder s:\kids).

Thanks!

Create a smart playlist. The playlist rule should say: "path contains." Point to the folder you want, and name the playlist. Those playlists can then be turned into custom menu items.

Is there a way to cause Nox to treat that smart playlist as movies? I get it to show my a list of the videos, but it doesn't seem to recognize them as movies.

*Edit: When I have the Function as ActivateWindow(Video,MovieTitles,return) it shows recognizes the videos as Movies, but then I get all my movies. I keep my movies in two separate directories. I'd like to have menu items for each, and when I navigate to each of them they show up as movies. Hope this makes sense!
Answering my own question for future searches.

My Smart playlist is working now. I had set it to Path IS s:\kids (which I can browse to). That brought up and empty playlist. Changing to Path CONTAINS kids fixed it. Not sure why the former didn't work.
(2014-05-05, 19:00)damonbrodie Wrote: Not sure why the former didn't work.

Path IS requires and exact match for the full path, so as soon as you have a subfolder, the path no longer matches.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
(Nox 4.1.9.9 Gotham) Copying Movie menu item1