• 1(current)
XBMC ATV2 shuts down when starting video playback
I am running an ATV2 with iOS 6.1.4 with Gotham 13.0 (stable), an external SQL database streaming via SMB from a 7TB unRAID server. I have consistently had this problem with any version of Gotham (I ran them all hoping the problem would go away). When trying to play videos XBMC will shutdown approximately 50% of the time. It is always when first trying to play a video. If the video starts successfully then it will play without issue. The file server and sql server are both hard wired via gigabit ethernet. I have troubleshooted all I can via the iOS faq to no avail.

Link to debug log is below. Thank you in advance for your assistance.

XBMC Debug Log

*Edit*

The 50% crashing has been a symptom i've seen in all Gotham Beta's. As of 13.0 and now 13.0-1"Stable", 100% of HD videos crash XBMC back to the ATV menu.
I am following this in case I am in a similar boat.
Home built Solaris 11.1 server, ZFS 4 x 3Tb pool, RAIDZ to 9Tb space.
NFS & SMB shares.
Asrock E350M1 mob with 8G RAM running KODI from a 16G USB stick

HDMI -> Yamaha 5.1 -> 60" Sharp LCD -
AR XSight Color Remote

Happy Wife. Nearly.
I have exactly the same problem - going back to Eden
new build will be up tonight
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
I have exactly the same problem, even worse. It ALWAYS shuts down, at least you have 50% chance. I even reset my apple tv and jailbroke again, but I still have the same issue
Same problem with livestreams, hopefully it gets fixed tonight.
It should be up now. Just do this: http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=HOW...2#Updating
(2014-05-05, 23:09)Ned Scott Wrote: It should be up now. Just do this: http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=HOW...2#Updating

Will this be labelled 13.0 or something else? 13.1?

Thanks.
(2014-05-05, 23:09)Ned Scott Wrote: It should be up now. Just do this: http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=HOW...2#Updating

This problem persists after updating to 13.0-01. I am now seeing the crash happen 100% with HD videos and it is unusable. New debug log is below.

Debug Log After 13.0-01 Update
HD doesn't even try to load.
NFS & SMB shares.

AR XSight Color Remote

Happy Wife. Nearly.
Apple TV 2 5.3 with Gotham 13.0-1

I have the same problem. Everything works fine, but fails after start of stream HS video.
It makes a difference if I switch off hardware acceleration (which is standard on); then it stutters and crashes while downloading subtitles.
Watching HD video not possible...
I just create a log, now have to figure out how to get it. LOL. I can't press play on anything resembling HD video. 5.1 audio seems to go on the file I have that is SD video with 5.1, but the rest of the HD files are definitely not going to play.
NFS & SMB shares.

AR XSight Color Remote

Happy Wife. Nearly.
I am too in the same boat. I had this problem occasionally while I was on Frodo. Updated to Gotham with a hope that this would get resolved but as other have noted, HD video is almost unplayable on Gotham. Played with Video settings for almost 2 hrs with no luck. Also, deleted almost all type of cache on my ATV2 thinking that low memory could be causing this. I was going to remove and re-installed xbmc tonight but then I stumbled upon this thread and seems like re-installing does not help either.
Any resolution on this so far? Has this been reported to the dev team?
(2014-05-06, 18:10)rips4u Wrote: I am too in the same boat. I had this problem occasionally while I was on Frodo. Updated to Gotham with a hope that this would get resolved but as other have noted, HD video is almost unplayable on Gotham. Played with Video settings for almost 2 hrs with no luck. Also, deleted almost all type of cache on my ATV2 thinking that low memory could be causing this. I was going to remove and re-installed xbmc tonight but then I stumbled upon this thread and seems like re-installing does not help either.
Any resolution on this so far? Has this been reported to the dev team?

Why haven't any of you guys posted the MediaInfo details of the HD file you want to play. Maybe it's not possible on the ATV2. There are limitations.

Just my 2 cents.
Good thinking, but I tried specifically with a movie I am sure I did watch without any problems on Frodo one week ago.
  • 1(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC ATV2 shuts down when starting video playback2