• 6(current)
[MOD] LiveTV Mod - Aeon Nox 5 (Gotham)
@alex
When you download and unpack the .zip file, you will see two folders: "1080i" and "media".
Copy those two folders into your skin folder (there is no addondata folder):

C:\Users\[USER]\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\skin.aeon.nox.5\
If asked to overwrite, choose Yes.

@Turok: That is really weird, and I cannot see how it has anything to do with the Skin modification. You should check with the support forum. Perhaps enable debugging and take a look in the log file if there are any errors. For me it sounds like a memory problem or simillar, if it stops working after serveral days.
HTPC Server - Windows 8.1 + XBMC Helix | Intel QuadCore, 4GB RAM, 4 TB SATA
Intel NUC D54250WYK - Windows 8.1 + XBMC Helix | Logitech Harmony 750
Samsung UE8005 | Bluetooth keyboard & mousepad
Maniac thanks for your continuous support.

Now running Nox 5.1.4 and your 0.4 and it is working all fine.

For some reason mediacenter showed only version 5.1.3 which I was running before. The main desktop could download 5.1.4
Maybe that was the issue in my case.
(2014-09-03, 10:27)Maniac Wrote: @meule & @krijeck: I've just tested this and it does work. I used both the "transparent" and "non-transparent" images for testing. It has to look like this: http://i.imgur.com/559qpfx.png
Perhaps your PVR addon uses GenreType (numbers) instead of GenreName as genre? So you perhaps need to rename your color-image files from name to number? What pvr-addons are you using?
But yes, your pvr-addon needs to fetch genre somehow from the backend.

@alexandergoll: I don't have mac so I cannot test this. But I just removed AN 5.1.3 and installed it again, applied the mod, and everything works just fine.
Remember, if you have any other mod installed, before you apply this one, it will get overwritten and things might get messy Smile

it seems that I do not get all the genre infos so it is not able to color them correct. not the biggest issue. I can live with the plain EPG. Blush
One additional question came up when I was seting up my EPG with Webgrab++. There is probably a lot of more information available in the XMLTV file.
Do you or is it in general possible to disply more in the EPG time line (or in the list view)? Just as an example an Icon which could be fetched from IMDB?
When reading this site: http://webgrabplus.com/documentation/con...bconfigxml it seems to be possible to download and merge additional information the the EPG data. The question is if this would be also possible to display (I dont know if I did the setup correct so I dont even know if I am downloading additional data at the moment.Confused).

EDIT: I have just seen in the IMGUR images in the first post that the last image displays an image on the right side of the movie. is this from IMDB and fetched thru Webgrab++??

in addition I was brainstorming a little bit and - just ideas:
- when there is a movie or a tv show I have in the library this could be marked in some way or linked to the rest of the season. Cool
- additional views of the normal TV listing would be nice (e. g. smaller font for the channels).

anyhow I like the LiveTV Mod as it is very much and appreciate your work and thanks for your continuous support! love it! Nod
/krijeck
rebuilding ....
@krijeck: What PVR-addon\backend are you using? I'm using "iptv-simple" with EPG from webgrab++ and it does provide genres (by name).

The movie posters you saw in the screenshots do come from webgrab++. You need to modify the .ini file to fetch the poster from the site where it fetches EPG, or from imdb.
But I also had to modify the pvr-addon to accually provide the image-url to Kodi. It uses the "PlotOutline" field for that. If the field contains a image url, it displays that image.

Regarding your ideas, yes there will be more views for channels, a big list with smaller font is in the works. But connecting your library with EPG would be much more work than just skinning, Smile.
Is it possible to make epg full screen or not?
(2014-09-10, 21:10)Maniac Wrote: @krijeck: What PVR-addon\backend are you using? I'm using "iptv-simple" with EPG from webgrab++ and it does provide genres (by name).

The movie posters you saw in the screenshots do come from webgrab++. You need to modify the .ini file to fetch the poster from the site where it fetches EPG, or from imdb.
But I also had to modify the pvr-addon to accually provide the image-url to Kodi. It uses the "PlotOutline" field for that. If the field contains a image url, it displays that image.

Regarding your ideas, yes there will be more views for channels, a big list with smaller font is in the works. But connecting your library with EPG would be much more work than just skinning, Smile.

I am using TVHeadend as PVR-addon and Backend (running on Ubuntu 14.04 with XBMC Gotham). Works well and I like the possibilities. The only thing I am struggling now is the cronjob in Linux .... Angry .... everything else i brilliant .... especially with the LiveTV Mod!

Maybe the sites I grab the EPG data from is not providing the genre info (mostly german and austrian channels). will have another look. Blush
Will play with that a little bit - IMDB. Currently I do not know how to modify the pvr-addon to provide the image-url to XBMC as I thought there is a standard XML and depending on which fields are used they can or cannot be displayed. lets see what I get ... Huh

(2014-09-10, 21:10)Maniac Wrote: Regarding your ideas, yes there will be more views for channels, a big list with smaller font is in the works. But connecting your library with EPG would be much more work than just skinning, Smile.
I see - this is what I thought actually. but maybe someday. Wink
rebuilding ....
the liveTV Mod stopped working today - no idea what happened! it disappeared!
now what I did is that I (again) copied the files of your zip into the respective folders.

Now I found out that I have two folders with the Aeon Nox 5 Skin one is called Aeon-Nox-Gotham and the other one is called skin.aeon.nox.5

I have installed XBMC 13.2 Git:0f3db05 (Compiled Aug 17 2014) running on Linux Ubuntu 14.04.

So after copying all files to both skin folders (Aeon-Nox-Gotham and skin.aeon.nox.5) its working again but not as expected. The EPG viw and channel view is OK but when in TV mode pressing a button to display the info screen does not work! the bar at the bottom does not show up.

any ideas?
rebuilding ....
I'm in New York this week, will take a look when I get back.

You only need one skin folder. The mod can dissapear when there is an update on the official skin. Then you need to apply the mod again.
(2014-09-18, 14:37)Maniac Wrote: I'm in New York this week, will take a look when I get back.

You only need one skin folder. The mod can dissapear when there is an update on the official skin. Then you need to apply the mod again.

OK.

I have no idea why I have two skin folders. I applied the mod again but as said the info screen does not work in playing mode as the bar at the bottom does not show up.
rebuilding ....
(2014-09-10, 21:10)Maniac Wrote: But I also had to modify the pvr-addon to accually provide the image-url to Kodi. It uses the "PlotOutline" field for that. If the field contains a image url, it displays that image.

Hi Maniac, could you explain this alitle bit more. I use Webgrab as well to create my own EPG xml file and it contains the image for the program (poster for movies or thumbnail for programs), and i can see this image in MCE but not in XBMC.

I use Aeon NOX 5 for Gotham and this MOD but i can't see images.
Othe thing i'm missing is the plot (Actors, Director...) Is this possible to include in XBMC? Because in my xmltv it is.

Thanks and best regards Smile
@mayankel: Kodi, currently, does not support poster-art, actors nor directors in the EPG-database. So you have to improvise. Smile
What I did to get the poster-art to work is to modify both the skin and the PVR-addon. I changed the addon to read the <icon src=""/> tag from the epg.xml file and place the value into the "PlotOutline" field in the Kodi EPG-database. Then changed the skin to display image if the "PlotOutline" field contains a value that starts with "http://".

Actors and Directors can also be added to the "Plot" field the same way. But the conclusion is to modify the pvr-addon to support this.
Thanks Maniac but i'm afraid i will wait until the developement support this.

Regards Smile
Is it possible to connect / combination of the two mod :
LiveTV Mod - Aeon of Nox 5 + [MOD] Plot and more on pause and info screen
regards ! Big Grin
This Plot-mod you are reffering to, is that for when watching normal video content?
Can someone please advise how to get UK channels working in the Live TV section similar to the OP's screen shot. Is a TV Tuner card the only way. I just want the free-view and the freeview HD channels. I tried IPTV but can not find any good M3U lists. Thanks
  • 6(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[MOD] LiveTV Mod - Aeon Nox 5 (Gotham)3