OS X Gotham 13 and Aeon MQ5 - wont get past startup screen
Greetings,

Before I begin, here is my setup information from a previous post:

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...noeyebrows

I downloaded the release version of Gotham today and everything seems to go well. However, I wanted to use MQ5 as my skin. The download process when smoothly without any hitches. Then XMBC asked if I wanted to switch skins, which I did, and then it asked if I wanted to keep the changes, so I selected YES, that was at 2:13 PM PST. I cannot get past the main black splash screen with the AEON MQ5 logo.

I believe I can just use CMD-Q to quit XBMC and restart the program, but I wanted to post here first to see if there is anything that I can do.

I am not a developer, but I did check the xbmc.log file and did not find any references to any potential problems with loading the skin at all.

Any help and/or advice would be great.

Sincerely,

noeyebrows
I would just restart XBMC.

If the problem persists, delete the guisettings.xml.
My fanart.tv & themoviedb.org accounts.

Samu-rai,

Thanks for the rapid response. I was going to wait a bit longer, since I am a patient user. Thanks for the tip about guisettings.xml.

Sincerely,

noeyebrows
I wouldn't bother waiting. It sounds like it's crashed.

Restarting is very, very unlikely to cause you any problems.
My fanart.tv & themoviedb.org accounts.

It hasn't crashed. It just seems like it will only start initializing when it enters the home menu.

so, when you change skin and you see the MQ5 logo, press "Esc" a couple of times.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Gotham 13 and Aeon MQ5 - wont get past startup screen0