XBMC Fox - Firefox Extension
xbmc fox beta1
by liquidice

this adds a new option to the right click menu in firefox which will send urls to xbmc (xbox media center) for onscreen playback.

it also allows you to paste the url of any video or audio file on the web into a textfield and have it play on your tv.

install this extension like you would any other. usually just dragging the xpi file into the browser works well.

once installed, restart firefox, then goto tools -> extensions and select xbmc fox

press the options button at the bottom of the window

in the options box type in the ip address of your xbox.

make sure that the webserver is enabled on your xbmc by going to:
settings --> network -> servers -> web server

go to a website that links directly to media files. such as this one:
http://hl.udogs.net/files....20video

right click on a link and goto 'play in xbmc'.

you can also go to tools - paste url to xbmc and paste in the url to any audio/video file.

i would like to hear some comments on ways to make little javascripts which could scrape links from the various video sites and display clickable links to play the content on the tv. perhaps a greasemonkey script would also be useful to add 'send to xbox' links to all of the major video sites.

--

i am awaiting approval to mozdev, which will provide an easier installation. until then you can download the xpi file from sourceforge here: http://sourceforge.net/tracker....1470650

save it to disk then drag the .xpi file into your firefox window to install.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
i love it. :kickass:

just add something to scrape links and it would be perfect.

works like a charm as long as like you say... its a direct media link.

new toy!

thanks for the work, wonder if there will be a firefox remote *g
harshreality,

actually the remote will be part of the ajax webpages.

here is a sneak peek of the upcoming version:
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
dude! kick ass! :kickass:
(liquidice629 @ april 15 2006,14:34 Wrote:harshreality,

actually the remote will be part of the ajax webpages.

here is a sneak peek of the upcoming version:
i understand that.. i am wondering if information like start, stop and next could be tied into the plugin with this or even just have the right click menu use its own xbmc section.

--------
send to xbmc
open xbmc <--- to open the interface in a new window
--------

follow? according to the config we did for the play plug you had to give it xbmc's ip and web passwords. why not put them to additional use Wink
this is a seriously handy extension Smile
Always read the online manual (wiki), FAQ (wiki) and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail Team Kodi members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
Please read the pages on troubleshooting (wiki) and bug reporting (wiki) before reporting issues.
you should escape the url, escape(thelink), all parameters in an url after a '&' are seen as a different form value and not as part of the command.
Always read the online manual (wiki), FAQ (wiki) and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail Team Kodi members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
Please read the pages on troubleshooting (wiki) and bug reporting (wiki) before reporting issues.
Hello Ive installed this extension and set the xbmc IP.But when I click on a url to send to the XBMC it caches but I dont see anything on my TV.I set the web server with port 80.Any Ideas of what im doing wrong.
I found an easier way to send video URLs to the XBox using Firefox. Simply create a new bookmark in firefox with this URL: "http://192.168.1.6/xbmcCmds/xbmcHttp?command=PlayFile&parameter=%s"
set the keyword to something like 'x' or 'xbox' and then just type that keyword before the Video URL in Firefox.
i.e. "xbox www.somesite.com/video01.avi" and it will start streaming on the XBox.

This trick bundled with keepvid.com for getting the direct URLs from sites like Youtube & Google make this trick very useful.
ANyone willing to update this for Firefox 2.0
Foxytunes, a firefox plugin, added support for XBMC quite awhile ago. Supports URL sending, play/pause, volume control, etc.
Here is the blog post about it:
Foxytunes blog post
You can get the newest version direct from their site or from firefox plugins page.
Hope that helps.
dafunks Wrote:ANyone willing to update this for Firefox 2.0
Here you go.
http://www.chantrell.net/xbmc/
I tried your extension and I'm having issues with it getting it working with youtube videos. XBMC starts to read and cache the file, then stops.
http://pastebin.ca/718613
It gives me this message.

XBMC Fox 0.1 could not be installed because it is not compatible with Firefox 2.0.0.7 (XBMC Fox 0.1 will only work with Firefox versions from 0.7 to 2.0)

Is there an update?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC Fox - Firefox Extension0