Win XBMC not functioning properly anymore!
Hi Guys,

I need some help.

First a quick recap:

My videos library is stored on a Synology NAS server, along with the database that is shared between all my xbmc devices. I have two xbmc devices, one on a windows HTPC and another on OUYA. I also share across all my playlists and settings etc, so that i don't have to duplicate them.

Now a few weeks ago a HDD in my RAID 0 NAS crashed, killing my volume and files. After i replaced the HDD, i started recovering my volume back from external hard drives. Now my volume is back to almost how it was. I have also restored my mariaDB.

The Problem:

Yesterday, i tried to open up XBMC Frodo (latest version before Gotham) on my windows 7 HTPC. Now all i get is empty libraries for my movies, music etc...
So i tried to click on Clean library, and then in my playlists i right clicked on a playlist like TV Shows, and pressed UPDATE. Nothing happened on either one. I then also tried to set Content again, again nothing happened!!

I have no idea what is wrong, can anyone think of anything? The Library paths are all still valid, and i tried browsing to them in xbmc and i could play movie fine through the file menu.
Maybe i should delete all my locally stored app data? and then try reopening it? Although I don't want to loose my add ons, skins, settings and furniture placements etc...

Thanks
Your set-up isn't just the usual local a few movies etc... I suspect that somewhere along your efforts that the path source got mislabelled (windows is forever playing musical chairs with drive letters and paths etc.) and a 'system clean' removes all listings in the library that is found without an associated video in the path or the source. Clicking the movie button should indicate if you have movies in the library, and from my understanding of your message... you don't.

Looks like your library got tossed and with it, most of the content no longer is path linked. I suggest a refresh scan of your sources will re-enable the path structure. Be sure to set the scrapers properly.
Hi mate, thanks for your help. Yes your right even clicking on movies gives an empty list.

I have already tried to rescan via trying to update the playlists but nothing happens, i then also tried resetting the content with correct scraper, but it shows a dialogue box only for a second and then finishes not doing anything.

I was thinking of deleting my local .db files but im not sure if those are even used cause i think they are just linked to mariaDB on my NAS!
Might be good to refresh your source paths and see if you can get an auto-scan workings and I definitely would recommend an update to Gotham at the same time. If you have artwork & meta-data saved to separate files a total fresh install might be the way to go.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC not functioning properly anymore!1