Linux XBMC Gotham build crashes, only when playing internet stream
mainline of course. We have a mainline gotham issue.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
Hi All,

I just added wsnipex's ppa to my XBMCbuntu Gotham build and updated and have had mixed results.

My first try on the BBC iPlayer addon Live Stream did crash XBMC again, then I tried again and it worked.
I've tried a few more times and it seems a little hit and miss. (I've had at least one crash again since)

The TVCatchup addon seems absolutely fine.

I have updated xbmc/xbmc.bin via ppa's since the beta4 build of XBMCbuntu, so maybe I'll try a fresh install of the Gotham release and see how it goes.

I'll do some further testing and report back.
Won't help much without Debug Log and dpkg -l |grep xbmc | pastebinit and "which xbmc"
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
Hi again,

I tried again and this time the first stream from iPlayer addon didn't start but left XBMC in an unusable state (not responding to keypresses, etc.) so I had to run killall xbmc.bin to get it back. The next few streams seemed to work OK, but then the same thing again. I couldn't actually get it to crash itself this time.

dpkg -l output: here
which xbmc: here

Logs are here, here and here

Hope this helps
I think that's another bug. It happens, when you press "stop" right?

It looks like a mesa bug in r600 driver.

Can you disable Adjust Refreshrate to match video?

Quote:12:38:00 T:139964914657216 ERROR: CheckDisplayEvents - no display event after 3 seconds

Try:
Code:
sudo apt-add-repository ppa:wsnipex/mesa
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get dist-upgrade
sudo reboot
Just updated XBMC through the ubuntu software updater, working a treat now with no crashes so far.

Great job, thanks everyone!
yup fixed it for me also, thanks.

you guys do some great work.
Works for me too, thanks everyone for fixing this so fast.
(2014-05-06, 18:18)fritsch Wrote: I think that's another bug. It happens, when you press "stop" right?

It looks like a mesa bug in r600 driver.

Can you disable Adjust Refreshrate to match video?

Quote:12:38:00 T:139964914657216 ERROR: CheckDisplayEvents - no display event after 3 seconds

Try:
Code:
sudo apt-add-repository ppa:wsnipex/mesa
sudo apt-get update
sudo reboot

Hi - thanks for your help. Really appreciated. You guys really do work fast and XBMC rocks...

I did the above and added the mesa ppa and updated everything through apt.

I'm still having the odd issue - this time the first stream on iPlayer was blank (no video) but the second and subsequent were fine.
Then I switched to TVCatchup and the first stream was blank but subsequent again were fine. Then I went back to iPlayer and it seemed to hang the system, with me needing to kill xbmc.bin again to get the system back to functioning.

Debug logs: xbmc.log xbmc.old.log and crash.log
Oki - please reproduce with a master build:
Code:
sudo apt-add-repository ppa:wsnipex/xbmc-fernetmenta-master
sudo apt-get update

It's trail and error cause of gpu drivers (still at the early stages, etc.) involved.
It's no problem at all. I hope I'm helping you guys to debug! Smile

I'll add the master and report back...
This time the iPlayer streams do not work at all. They also caused a crash of xbmc. TVCatchup streams still fine.

xbmc.log xbmc.old.log crash.log

Thanks again.
Ah damn. The rtmp build fix was not yet rebased into that tree - will most likely happen tomorrow. Sorry, my bad.
No problem... I'll upgrade once released... cheers.

PS - is there a way to revert to the previous build of xbmc/xbmc.bin? No worries if not, I can survive without!! Smile
Can you retry with Confluence skin and the "next.aired" script removed, really uninstalled? I see some really strange things in that last backtrace.

It's also the time to do a complete memtest, please.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC Gotham build crashes, only when playing internet stream2