Convergence - A Vertical Confluence Mod
Ok thank you
deleting my post
grabfanart keeps tossing script errors. Mostly at starup. Had to remove it.
Can we have a disable auto-update option in settings?

Rollback to previous versions would be great too, as in some skins.
Since you're doing your own MOD, you can put those in there Wink
Noli illegitimi carborundum

Well Mudislander, I was the only one asking you to pick this up skin after you abandoned it as you recently confirmed that it was not just your job which kept you from it but you did consider it abandoned. And only changed your mind as you had a soft spot for it as it was your first whatever. It is better to be honest about as I again and again revived this thread you had abandoned.

As for requests, you rarely reply nvm listen to people about criticisms or suggestions in various threads. This skin is already ruined and will get worse and worse. Finally the problem seems to be not with the recent versions, but much deeper. Wink
Well don't use it then !!

(2015-03-03, 23:39)Mudislander Wrote: Well don't use it then !!

You forget again & again things conveniantly mate, I'm modding it Big Grin
(2015-03-03, 23:51)washere Wrote: You forget again & again things conveniantly mate, I'm modding it Big Grin

washere, don't post in this thread again or I'll ban you.
(2015-03-04, 00:22)Ned Scott Wrote:
(2015-03-03, 23:51)washere Wrote: You forget again & again things conveniantly mate, I'm modding it Big Grin

washere, don't post in this thread again or I'll ban you.

+1 on that Ned Scott

Hes just plain rude.
This is a fantastic skin..... its easy to use and does 99 percent of what I want it to do.....thank you so very much.
I have one suggestion/request, is it possible to add the "Mini player Control" back to the music library side bar menu as it is in the default Confluence skin when music is playing?
I'll have to check how much room is left as some of the views have larger side menus. You can go right (or down) past the scrollbar and onto the floor buttons - the arrow type one brings up a mini player control when pressed.

Thank you replying so quickly and pointing out something I was inadvertently overlooking. I use the vertical view with a MCE remote control and due to the additional presses of the key I sorta missed the icon and its function...lol, although easier access to the mini player control would be nice for remote control users. Is there a floor button for.. or room on the sidebar for "Current Playlist" also? finding the way back to "current playlist" can be a lil tricky for remote control users.
I have spent a good portion of my life involved with audio in one form or another, I spent 20 years of that working in HighEnd Audio and
Institutional Audio equipment manufacturing. One of my functions was taking Instruction, user and procedural manuals written by engineers for engineers and converting them into easy to understand manuals for students, teachers ....end users.
During my search through all the available skins for Kodi... my Goal has been to find a non pvr, vertical menu, user friendly interface that can be used by anyone, this skin is it! This Convergence can be further molded and shaped to fit its environment quite easily. Well done!
Disagree with you over the easier with remote Smile I use a remote and find it much easier to do a double tap right - then I can go back one screen, home or to the mini media control. Where as in Confluence you have to go left then down past the other menu items to the mini player. Could be I've been using those buttons for a while now and actually miss them if I'm in a skin that doesn't have.

Where do you want to get to the current playlist from ? In the media views the back floor button takes you back one screen and in fullscreen video the "house" button takes you back to where you started the video.

Sorry for the delay in responding.
You are right, the double tap method is more convenient in general. It was just a matter of me being use to the other method.

Just to paint a quick picture of your skins use in my case. Although I watch streaming video and video from my library on Kodi, I largely use Kodi to listen to music from a NAS or a portable storage device plugged into Kodi.. Kodi is usually up and playingmusic an average of 8 hours a day displaying specified slideshows on two strategically placed flat screens. I control Kodi with infrared remote(s) in either flat screens location or I use a tablet(s) running Yatse from any location within wireless range.

Regarding the "current playlist" this term is used by the Confluences Author, "currently playing playlist/album tracklist" would probably better way describe it.... but I can see why the Author would want to shorten it...lol. The way that it is accessed on Confluence when I am playing music in library mode is to .... find my way back to the Home Menu, then select Music, click on the arrow on the left of the screen which brings out the side menu and finally I select Current Playlist at the bottom of the side menu and up pops what I'll describe as the "currently playing playlist/album tracklist" with a side menu that includes several options .... everything I need is on one screen. A floor button on your Convergence for access to this "currently playing playlist/album tracklist" would be wonderful along with the mini player control on its side menu,

Thanks for your patience, I really love the skin and hope my input is helpful.
Best Regards

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Convergence - A Vertical Confluence Mod1