Play radio from remote
Hello,

I am close to having the optimal HTPC configuration, but I need to be able to choose a radio station on my remote without having to turn on the tv. I found, in my search for a solution, a description of how to make changes to some xml files but I am not sure if this is how it should be done. My radio channels are listed under pvr as I am receiving them digitally over dvb.

I would like a solution to map a key on my remote which starts playing the the chosen radio channel.

I am using a mac mini with osx 10.9.2 and Gotham. My remote is a harmony one with plex configuration.
I use my smartphone and yatse to control a no screen RPI exclusively for music and web radio.

• Intel NUC Kit DN2820FYKH ~ Crucial DDR3L SO-DIMM 4GB ~ SanDisk ReadyCache 32GB SSD ~ Microsoft MCE model 1039 RC6 remote
That is an ok suggestion, but I would prefere to only use one remote.
(2014-05-05, 13:39)xbs08 Wrote: I use my smartphone and yatse to control a no screen RPI exclusively for music and web radio.

Which web radio plugin do you control with Yatse? I'm thinking of doing something similar.

Cheers.
I only use Sky.fm and JazzRadio addons but I suppose you can control any addon.

RPi needs to be pre-configured on a TV e.g. disable visualization (you don't need that on a headless system).

I was using Squeezeplug and Logitech android app before but I find that OpenELEC and Yatse work best Smile

Yatse even has it's own favorites (independent from XBMC) that you can use to fast select a web station.

Sorry for the OT.

• Intel NUC Kit DN2820FYKH ~ Crucial DDR3L SO-DIMM 4GB ~ SanDisk ReadyCache 32GB SSD ~ Microsoft MCE model 1039 RC6 remote
(2014-05-06, 16:44)xbs08 Wrote: I only use Sky.fm and JazzRadio addons but I suppose you can control any addon.

RPi needs to be pre-configured on a TV e.g. disable visualization (you don't need that on a headless system).

I was using Squeezeplug and Logitech android app before but I find that OpenELEC and Yatse work best Smile

Yatse even has it's own favorites (independent from XBMC) that you can use to fast select a web station.

Sorry for the OT.

Thanks - and sorry to OP for the hijack.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Play radio from remote0