Frodo Library Export - Missing TV Poster images and new additional Movie images
Hello

I read these Frodo to Gotham update procedures here and then I ran the Video Library Export in my current Frodo / MySQL setup as I am preparing for an update to Gotham. I selected to export to separate files and selected Yes on all the questions like export thumbs and fanart etc. I selected the Overwrite option as Yes.

Looking in my Movie and TV show folders lots of new artwork images have been created in each folder. However in some TV Series folders there appears to be missing Season poster images and I don't know why this has happened?

For example the TV Series shown in the screen shot you can see the export has only created Season Posters for seasons 1-3. The other seasons have no new poster images present. Why not?

Also with regard to movies I already had a Poster.jpg file present which Artwork Downloaded add-on created previously before I ran the export and now when I look in to a movie folder I have two poster images, one called poster.jpg and one called nameofmovie-poster.jpg

Likewise with the existing clearart.png image, I now have a new additional nameofmovie-clearart.png and also with the existing fanart.jpg I now have a new additional nameofmovie-fanart.jpg and also with the existing logo.png there is a new nameofmovie-clearlogo.png as can be seen in the above screen shot. The existing artwork images were all created by the Artwork Downloader add-on prior to running the XBMC Library export routine.

So now which of these duplicate images would Gotham use on its import / media scan ?

Is all of this expected behaviour ?

Many thanks
I just installed my first instance of XBMC Gotham on to my Windows 7 PC. I am running it along side Frodo on this machine and Gotham is set to run in portable mode and is in a separate installation folder C:\Program Files (x86)\XBMC_GOTHAM\portable_data\

I copied over my advancedsettings.xml and sources.xml from the Frodo installation to the Gotham installation. Now when I open Gotham all my media appears to have been populated without it scraping all the meta-data again (Only took a few minutes) . Looking on the MYSQL server I can see it has created new databases on there for Gotham etc.

Looking at this same StarWars TV show in Gotham I have season posters showing OK for seasons 1-5. Yet in my folder on the server the Frodo library export only created season posters for seasons 1-3. So where have these other posters come from in Gotham?

Very confusing, not sure where this season 4 poster has come from? As there was no season 4 poster in the folder on the file server (See screen shot in the first post above) . Must have come from an image URL in the .nfo file instead. So that begs the question did I even need to export all the artwork images when I did the Frodo Video Library Export?

Thanks
Looking at the movie artwork example 2001 A Space Odyssey I put a Red X on all the artwork images that the Frodo Video Library Export routine created and I put a Red Circle on all the artwork images that the Artwork Downloader add-on had previously created.

I installed the Universal Movie Scraper as I normally use this one rather than TheMovieDB.org scraper. I ensured the movie folder content was set correctly.

I then removed the 2001 A Space Odyssey movie title from the Gotham library and added it back in by browsing to Videos - Files - Movies - Blu-ray - and bringing up the context menu on 2001 A Space Odyssey and selected "Scan for new content"

The images with the Red X on them were used / displayed, which were the images that the Frodo library export routine created. So it appears to have used these new images rather than the existing ones which Artwork Downloader add-on created previously (The ones with the red circles on them).

If I delete the images with the Red X on them from the file server and remove this movie title from the library, if I add it back in to the library again and select NO so it uses the LOCAL data and does not go off on to the Internet scraping, then the images displayed are the ones with the Red Circles, the ones Artwork Downloader add-on initially created. So again it seems when I did the Frodo Video Library Export I did not really need to also export the artwork images.

As the Frodo video library export for artwork doesn't seem to be working properly for me anyway's and I have missing TV show season poster images and now duplicated movie artwork images as I described in my first post, I am now wishing I did not say YES to also export the artwork.
OK so I am not happy with the fact that after running the Frodo Video Library Export, that I now have kinda messed up artwork images, e.g. TV Shows that do not have poster images for all the seasons (for some unknown reason) and I now also have duplicated movie artwork with different file names, as described above.

My plan is to rebuild the index on the Windows File server and then in the Windows Explorer search box use datecreated: with today's date. This should list all the files and images that the XBMC export routine created today and I will then delete them all.

Then I think I need to run the Frodo library export again, but this time not select YES to also export artwork, so it just creates the .nfo files.
I will have to delete the Gotham databases on the MYSQL server and start over, Gotham should then read the .nfo files and use my existing artwork on my file server. Any artwork not present on my file server like TV Show season posters and episode images (which I've never had on my file server anyway's) will be scraped from the Internet instead.

Least that way my artwork images on the file server remain as they were previously and I don't have the issues I have described above with these new artwork images that the XBMC export routine has created.

That's the plans anyway's unless an expert on this has any better ideas?

Cheers
More problems, the Frodo Music Library Export has overwritten my hi-res 1000x1000 Folder.jpg files with lower res 720x720 files.

However some of my Folder.jpg's were 600x600 to begin with and those are still 600x600

Luckily I have backups of all my Folder.jpg cover images named Front.jpg and a .bat file to restore them all.
I'll be honest, I have no idea how nicely this all plays when add-on/external app/etc image downloaders are used, or how it works at all with the music library. I know things like clear-art aren't actually supported in Frodo's "core", so getting duplicates there doesn't quite surprise me if the export uses different naming conventions than how it was scanned in.

I'm not sure why some images weren't exported, but in those cases the NFO files still contain a list of online URLs, which is where XBMC was still able to fill in the gaps. Exporting the images is still a good idea because of time, bandwidth, and most importantly, those image URLs tend to change every couple of years (sometimes even sooner).

Personally, I would go with your image cleanup idea to help with the duplicates and stuff as you mentioned in post #4, backup just the NFO files, but then instead of doing any importing to a fresh DB, just see what happens when Gotham updates the Frodo MySQL DB. Importing fresh should work, and it should even be "super safe", but in theory you should just be able to open up Gotham and not have to do anything else (assuming permissions are set correctly on the MySQL server).

Either way, I'd turn debugging on in XBMC before doing an update or import, and then if things go to hell again, post that debug log.
Hi Ned thanks for the reply.

I've only just seen your reply now. Yesterday I deleted all the files and images that the Frodo Library Export routine had created on my server. I then ran the export again but only allowed it to create the NFO files.

I then deleted the Gotham databases on the MySQL server and also deleted all the cached images in the Gotham's thumbnails folder. I then opened Gotham again and it re-created the Music46 and Video78 databases on MySQL.

Gotham used my existing TV Show and Movie artwork images that the Artwork Downloader add-on had previously created. Any artwork that is not on my file server such as TV Show season posters and episode images were populated and visible also, presumably by the URLs in the NFO files.

Everything is looking OK now in Gotham and my artwork images on my file server are as they were previously when using Frodo. So I am happy for now.

You said "but then instead of doing any importing to a fresh DB, just see what happens when Gotham updates the Frodo MySQL DB"

I don't understand how the Frodo and Gotham MYSQL databases are related to each other? I thought they were two separate independent things?

When I run show databases; in MySQL it lists the following:

music32 (frodo)
music46 (gotham)
video75 (frodo)
video78 (gotham)

Many thanks
Looking at the Artwork Downloader add-on settings there is an option for TV Show Season Posters and this is turned off by default. Perhaps I should have turned these on initially when I first built my library in Frodo, that probably would have helped the situation now.

There are also other options which seem to be turned off by default which are Season Banners and Season Thumbs 16:9 don't think Aeon MQ5 uses these.
When XBMC sees that a database is missing it will go and look for older versions of the database. If it finds one then it will make a copy of that database and update that.
I see i didnt know that. So in that case did I even need to run the frodo library export routine at all? did gotham need those newly created .nfo files for its first time run? Presumably if it copied and then updated the existing frodo mysql databases, all the information gotham needed was already there in the databases.

Just trying to figure out what was the best / correct way to migrate from frodo to gotham. I only started using xbmc on frodo so never updated between versions before.

Many thanks for your help.
You could basically just install Gotham and lunch it, and XBMC will take care of the rest for that very first run. However, re-exporting and starting fresh is not a bad idea at all, and many people specifically do this just to be extra safe and rule out possible issues.
I didnt intend to do an in place over the top upgrade, on my Openelec PCs i plan to wipe them clean and put the gotham version on a fresh. But sounds like i didnt need to bother running the frodo library export routine first, if gotham copies and updates the mysql databases etc.
So now i dont know if gotham on its first run actually used the newly created .nfo files? or if it was the mysql database copy process. if you wanted to start totally afresh presumably you would have to run the frodo library export first then drop the frodo databases and then first run gotham.

All very confusing for newbies like myself.
In this order: If there's a Frodo DB then Gotham will use that. If not, or there is a missing entry, it will then use the NFO files. If no NFO file, then it will look online.

So pretty much what you said.
(2014-05-07, 01:32)Ned Scott Wrote: In this order: If there's a Frodo DB then Gotham will use that. If not, or there is a missing entry, it will then use the NFO files. If no NFO file, then it will look online.

So pretty much what you said.

Ned

OK thank you, that makes sense to me now. Wish I knew this two days ago before I installed my first Gotham instance. Oh well you live and learn.

Cheers

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Frodo Library Export - Missing TV Poster images and new additional Movie images0