Gotham: Subtitle Search not working. Bug?
After upgrading from 12.3 to 13.0 Stable Release all Subtitle Addons were gone.

After installing them from the official repo (and recognizing that betaseries is no longer available) there is one major problem:

the subtitle search does not start / work at all.

When pressing the subtitle-button in the OSD while watching a movie or episode, nothing happens (except the OSD disappears/closes).
The playback does not even pause, as configured in Systemsettings/Videos/Subtitles.

Like I said, I reinstalled the addons, and set default services in Systemsettings/Videos/Subtitles.

Have I overlooked a necessary step, or is this a very unfortunate bug (for this is imho a major feature of xbmc)?

Please help / fix!
Romanes eunt domus
Same issue here.

Is there a fix available?
What skin are you using? Some skins haven't updated their buttons yet.
I'm running a modified Confluence-Skin. Who knew...?

Since I just downgraded to 12.3 again (no fun without subs) could you possibly verify if the original Confluence is updated accordingly?

Then I will upgrade to 13.0 and rebuild my modifications based on the current/working Confluence.
Romanes eunt domus
The original/default Confluence skin does indeed work with the new subtitle menu/search
Since I have modified dozens of lines in my customized Confluence Skin, I reckoned it would be "smarter" (ok, at least easier/faster)
to simply change the subtitle code in my existing mod. Found the instructions here:

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...pid1700190

Works just fine (so far, at least).

Note: there seem to have been other skin-changes concerning Gotham, but all I found out was that this is in relation to playlists and possibly stereoscopic video, which I am not using at all.

Afterwards I reset the permissions (just to be sure): IOS_FAQ (wiki)

P.S.: I noticed that I could no longer change the view in the System Settings (to "advanced" or "expert"). This is probably due to changes among the List_of_built-in_functions (wiki) in Gotham.
Solved this particular issue by copying the complete content of the genuine Applications/XBMC.frappliance/XBMCdata/XBMChome/addons/skin.confluence/720p/SettingsCategory.xml
and pasting it into the corresponding file of my mod).

The upgrade to Gotham was nevertheless very worthy, scraping speed seems to be enhanced significantly. Nice.
Romanes eunt domus
Same issue here, just with a fresh install over Frodo and Aeon Nox skin.

[solved] -> updating skin to latest version
I am on Gotham 13.1. when I click on system - appearance - subtitles. it doesn't open drop menu to install XBMC subtitles addon. Please help.
Or is there a bug in Gotham 13.1

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Gotham: Subtitle Search not working. Bug?0