Solved Post-Gotham Update Crash - Might be a database issue??
I have two devices running XBMC: my main HTPC, which is running Ubuntu 12.04, and my RaspberryPi running Xbian. Since it is always up, the RPi runs a MYSQL server with a shared DB for all the TV and Movies. My main HTPC is the only one that I use to play music, so it has a local music DB separate from the MYSQL server on the RPi. This all worked fine in Frodo, but not it seems like there may be an issue.

Here is my crashlog: http://pastebin.com/zmn7bz3Q

It errors right after checking for the MyMusic46 db, which I can confirm is stored locally in the .xbmc/userdata/Database/ dir.

Anyone have any ideas why I'm crashing and how to fix it?
OK, I did some digging and managed to figure out what went wrong.

My main HTPC is the only device I allow to update the database (more powerful than the RPi by far), so when I first installed Gotham I thought my HTPC got stuck on the splash screen. What I didn't realise was that it was rebuilding a new version of the DB, a process that I callously interrupted. Since the new DB partially existed, XBMC was trying to acces information that wasn't there and was crashing.

I'm not sure if that is expected behaviour, though I think it should check for completeness of the DB before erroring out and crashing on the user.
You can delete XBMCVideo78 (gotham version migrated from XBMCVideo75 - Frodo) database from your MySQL doing 'drop database DBNAME;' command from command-line, or use a GUI. After that, check the xbmc user in your mysql srv for checking grant list. Then, launch XBMC from you allowed device and wait for migration

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Post-Gotham Update Crash - Might be a database issue??0