"Official" XBMC remote and WMC PVR
Been using this WMC backend PVR since it came out last year, and have been really happy with it. Ran into an issue when using the "Official" XBMC remote app for iOS:

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/official...80364?mt=8

It connects to my XBMC client, and can see the live tv channels fine, and even play them. Has issues with the Live-TV recordings and timers tho. When I attempt to view the recording, the iOS app reports error:

XBMC JSON-RPC Error: Method not found.
(Code: -32601)
Data: (null)

METHOD
PVR.GetRecordings

PARAMETERS
{properties=(title,starttime,endtime,plot,plotoutline,genre,playcount,resume,channel,runtime,lifetime,icon,art,streamurl,file,directory);}

Similar error when looking for timers

There is this entry on the app description page in the app store:

- access to XBMC PVR Recordings *
- access to XBMC PVR Timers list **
* due to the initial support stage, start playback of a PVR recording from within the app is possible only with the PVR add-ons that are able to provide the link to the files.
** due to the initial support stage, PVR timers aren't editable within the remote app

As I said, all the other pieces of the XBMC / WMC combo are working great.

Is this a feature to request I need to make? Configuration issue on my part? Anyone else get this to work?
This is the first report of this I have heard and I can't test it personally. For playing recordings though, we do provide a 'path' to the files, I am not sure if that is what they mean by 'link' or not. Both of the problems seem to be a limitation of this release of the app though.

Just of something to try, go to the debug page of swmc and see what happens if you switch 'Remux the playback of all wtv files'. Restart the app after making the change.
Windows Media Center PVR addon (pvr.wmc) and server backend (ServerWMC)
http://bit.ly/serverwmc
@cdan_smith, I forgot to specify "Only for Gotham" and for some reason these two buttons have escaped the controls! With Frodo remote calls GetRecordings & GetTimers aren't available. I will remove these button when connecting to an XBMC prior to version 13
Upgraded to Gotham (XBMC and WMC PVR) and it's now working!

Feature request: When reviewing the recorded TV list, can we sort the episodes by show? Maybe it's in there and I just haven't found it. I've got hundreds of recorded shows, and it's only showing (and sorting by) the episode title, so can't tell which show a particular episode belongs to.

Happy to help test, etc if needed.

Will cross-post in the XBMC remote app forum too.

Thanks!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
"Official" XBMC remote and WMC PVR0