OS X XBMC 13.0 acts like up-arrow key is stuck
I upgraded from XBMC 13 Beta 4 to the final release today and when I ran XBMC it immediately behaved like the up-arrow key was pressed. My first thought was something was on top of my remote, but I quickly realized that was not the case. It would constantly scroll through the main menu (I am running the ACE skin and have it in vertical mode). When I tried pressing the down button on my remote it usually ignored it. Sometimes it would stop, but only for a few seconds and then go right back to repeatedly scrolling VERY fast.

I managed to SSH onto the mac running XBMC and kill the XBMC process, I re-ran XBMC thinking maybe something was wonky, but it did it again. I then went and found a download page on XBMC site that listed all the recent versions of XBMC 13. I downloaded RC1 and it did the same thing. I then went back to Beta 4, which is what I was running prior to upgrading and the problem went away, so it seems something was changed between Beta 4 and RC1, but I have no idea.

I am running on a mac using the X64 version. I have a FLIRC device which has an IR remote that can intercept signals from any remote and convert them to keypresses. I have not tried connecting a regular keyboard yet, though I will try to and see if that helps.

For the moment I am back to a functional state using Beta 4 but don't want to get stuck here, so any help would be appreciated.
Switch to confluence for a start, to make sure that it's not a skin issue.

Then just do what you're doing: Get rid of FLIRC to make sure that's not at fault etc. i.e. track down to the real cause, and we'll go from there.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

I have the same problem, with fresh install (removed ~/Library/XBMC before the first run) on an iMac Mid 2011 Sad

Older versions (12.x, 11.x) running fine.
same problem here, i can't really do anything on xbmc since i can't browse the different menus. The selected option keeps changing so fast, it's like playing the lottery to press Enter. tried both mac versions, same problem... please help!
The problem is SDL detecting something as a joystick, when it's obviously not a joystick. You'll see this in your Debug Log. Try unplugging the offending device.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.

Ok thanks, problem solved. Somehow i managed to get to system settings, input devices, and turn off "enable joystick and gamepad support". That stopped it.
The Debug Log will tell you the device that was causing it (with joystick support back on ofc).

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC 13.0 acts like up-arrow key is stuck0