Amazon Prime
I have been trying to get Amazon Prime to work in XBMC and have not been able to. I followed previous instructions found on the forum to install Bluecop repo and get Amazon through that. I have done that, but am unable to sign into Amazon Prime and keep getting a script error message. I have read on a few dated forums that Amazon has made changes that prevent it from working. Is there anyway to get Amazon Prime to work in XBMC?
No. Prime doesn't work anymore thanks to DRM.
even with the libhal restored? i got amazon prime to work with ubuntu and firefox but i get a login failed message when i try to use the amazon prime bluecop add on
(2014-05-07, 01:23)natethomas Wrote: No. Prime doesn't work anymore thanks to DRM.

Is this still true? I am in the process of building a new HTPC and hoped to use XBMC. At minimum I need Netflix and Amazon Prime.
Yeah, still broken. You can get it working in an external launched browser, but all that stuff is a pain in the butt. Personally, I got a roku3 and use that for netflix and amazon. If I was looking at it right now I would buy an amazon firetv, which works great with XBMC, netflix and amazon streaming.
(2014-06-20, 20:55)rodalpho Wrote: Yeah, still broken. You can get it working in an external launched browser, but all that stuff is a pain in the butt. Personally, I got a roku3 and use that for netflix and amazon. If I was looking at it right now I would buy an amazon firetv, which works great with XBMC, netflix and amazon streaming.

Dang, I really want all the media activities under XBMC (or other). Less hassle when you can just use your remote and navigate within XBMC to open Amazon and start streaming.
(2014-06-20, 20:55)rodalpho Wrote: If I was looking at it right now I would buy an amazon firetv, which works great with XBMC, netflix and amazon streaming.
Interesting! I watched a couple videos on this, but am still a bit confused. My setup is Win7MC for PVR + XBMC all on a Acer Revo. Can you tell me how this works? I am actually watching the Amazon FireTV on my TV that is connected to the PC running WinMC and XBMC?
The best option right now for Amazon on XBMC seems to be PlayOn. Amazon as a company really drops the ball on getting people signed up for their service. Its not available on regular Android devices without jumping through hoops, its not officially supported on Linux devices, and they do everything in their power to block third-party apps... all because they want it to be exclusively available to their hardware.
(2014-06-21, 17:32)locoguano Wrote: The best option right now for Amazon on XBMC seems to be PlayOn. Amazon as a company really drops the ball on getting people signed up for their service. Its not available on regular Android devices without jumping through hoops, its not officially supported on Linux devices, and they do everything in their power to block third-party apps... all because they want it to be exclusively available to their hardware.

Interesting option. So, does PlayOn allow all content to be controlled with my Media Center remote or does it sometimes require picking up a keyboard?
(2014-06-23, 11:25)SJMaye Wrote:
(2014-06-21, 17:32)locoguano Wrote: The best option right now for Amazon on XBMC seems to be PlayOn. Amazon as a company really drops the ball on getting people signed up for their service. Its not available on regular Android devices without jumping through hoops, its not officially supported on Linux devices, and they do everything in their power to block third-party apps... all because they want it to be exclusively available to their hardware.

Interesting option. So, does PlayOn allow all content to be controlled with my Media Center remote or does it sometimes require picking up a keyboard?

PlayOn requires no input on the frontend. You log in to each service (Amazon, Hulu, Netflix, and quite a few others are available) in the PlayOn settings, then PlayOn transcodes the video and it is available to XBMC through upnp. Many people use the my.library utility (http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=98210) to create STRM files and add the PlayOn links to their library. This does take a bit of work and maintenance though.

This is playon through upnp. If it is fast enough you can just install PlayOn and xbmc on the same pc. I have it installed on my livingroom HTPC and on my server. My server instance is the backend for my Android devices.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Amazon Prime0