TVheadend IPTV m3u
Actually, the only defined parts of the #EXTINF line are duration and title:
#EXTINF:[duration],[title]
To have an infinite or undefined duration, '-1' should be used; similarly, the title ought to be the channel's name:
#EXTINF:-1,IndiePlex

Also, the HDRomeRun Prime, which doesn't work well with Tvheadend's HDHR support, supports direct http streaming, so your line in the M3U can just be:
http://[ip-of-device]:5004/auto/v656

(Funny, I think that's the same channel I get IndiePlex on here, too.)
Yea I know. It was more about readability for me and seemed to have no adverse effects on TVH so I went with it.
hi, thanks. but after using the wizard it still does not work.
I see all the muxes but I do not have any services - just one random - in the services and thus no channels.

what I am doing wrong? Any idea?
rebuilding ....
Not sure if I can help, but I am also trying to use TVH for free IPTV from Europe (mainly Austria, Germany, UK) and I realize most of the links simply don't work.
I have most success with links (m3u-files) coming from 'sourcetv.info'. Here app 80% of the links are working.
hi MicTie:

its not about the m3u file! All my links are OK.

Fact is that TVH does not what it should - as I am doing something wrong or missing some step!
rebuilding ....
Is the protocol supported by TVH?

Maybe for testing, skip the m3u and try just creating the mux manually to one of the URLs and try to experiment that way.

Take a look at this link for suggestions on using ffmpeg to remux the stream. There's also a link to an HTTP proxy script for the same type of thing to make more IPTV streams compatible.

https://tvheadend.org/projects/tvheadend...G-TS_Input
hi puithove,
thanks. Yesterday I then did a lot of testing and experimenting.
All my streams work as I already had them in and running well in TVH 3.4.

The problem I figured out was that TVH does not automatically scan the different Muxes. So I had to do it manually with 160 muxes. It was not possible to mark more then 2 to activate the scan. So this took a lot of time!
set the Scan Status to Active - press save - wait - and then change to Services and map all! Then to channels .... Confused

so it was a long way Confused
nevertheless now I have (almost) all channels up and running.
I also figured out how to map the correct EPG and icons (some of the icons are wrong which I do not know why!)

Actually - not thinking of the work it was to put all channels in - TVH 4.1 is great. There are some new features I appreciate and as it was with 3.4 I love it! Makes fun. will have to play around with it the next days .... Big Grin
rebuilding ....
(2016-02-28, 08:38)krijeck Wrote: It was not possible to mark more then 2 to activate the scan.

It's good you got it working for now. Next time you have to do it, check the settings on your Network. There's a setting in there to skip initial scan. Make sure that's not checked. Also, it sounds like you may be hitting your stream limit (you say you can't scan more than 2 at a time). In the Network settings there's "Maximum # input streams:
" - if you set that to 2, TVH will not allow / will not attempt to use more than 2 streams from that network. You will actually want to have this set anyway so that it doesn't try to use too many during normal recording / live tv operation.

Once you have that, it should handle it properly. You can manually force a scan of all muxes on a network from the network configuration tab.
hi puithove,
now everything is setup - still some work to do (Logos are not corrcet and some EPG is still missing but it works!)
thanks for the support!

one more question probably someone could answer.
I did invest now a lot of work and some day will come when I need to reinstall everything!
So is there any possible built in function to backup everything?
or do I need to save/backup the folders - as I did in the older versions?

thanks
rebuilding ....
I just had a discussion about this yesterday in another addon forum where someone had created an addon to tune in a live stream of an American network called Comet, which mostly features old MGM SciFi movies and shows. Apparently the addon scrapes the Comet live stream web page at http://comettv.com/live.html and grabs the URL for the live stream, which is currently (as I write this) http://content.uplynk.com/channel/810bf2...afc91.m3u8 - now I am told this may change but I'll use it as an example. So as I wrote in that thread, you have to have a version of TVHeadEnd that is new enough to support the pipe URL (late 3.9 versions or any 4.x version). Then you create an IPTV network if you don't have one already, and then you create a mux with the following parameters:

Enabled: (Check)
EPG Scan: Disable
Scan Status: PEND (it will change to IDLE after it has acquired the stream)
AC-3 Detection: Standard (the default)
URL: pipe://ffmpeg -loglevel fatal -i http://content.uplynk.com/channel/810bf2...afc91.m3u8 -vcodec copy -acodec copy -flags +global_header -strict -2 -metadata service_provider=CometTV -metadata service_name=CometTV_Live_Stream -f mpegts pipe:1
Interface: (leave blank)
ATSC: (leave unchecked)
Mux Name: Comet
Service Name: (leave blank)

(Note you may need to right click and copy the full URL in the above pipe command because the forum software shows an abbreviated link)

After it scans the stream it should create a service which can be viewed in the Services tab, and then if you highlight that service and click on "Map Seletcted" it should create a channel. You can then go into the Channels tab and edit the channel name and number, etc. but in any case it should appear in the Kodi channels list. If you give it an EPG source then it should display in the grid as well. Wikipedia shows a list of Comet TV affiliates, you'd probably want to pick a Sinclair affiliate for guide data since Sinclair owns Comet TV. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Comet_affiliates

If it doesn't work check to see if ffmpeg is installed on your system, if you need a static build try http://johnvansickle.com/ffmpeg/ - or, check to see if the URL has changed.

Now of course this will only work as long as the URL for the stream isn't changed, and I don't know of any way to get TVHeadEnd to insert a new URL into that pipe command if it changes. Perhaps there is some way to do it using Linux system variables but if so I don't know how. If they change the URL every few days, then obviously this is not going to work with any degree of reliability. Also, it appears this technique ONLY works with services sending m3u8 or similar types of streams. So while in this case it was not that difficult once I had the URL, for other services it might be much more difficult.

Unfortunately most channels with online streams don't make it nearly as easy. Many networks that have live streams on their web sites go out of their way to hide the actual link to the stream. Normally if you can find a stream that will play in VLC there is at leas a chance you can get it to work in TVHeadEnd, though you may need to pipe it through ffmpeg to convert it into the transport stream format that TVHeadEnd understands. I would really like to have a list of other live streaming channels (especially English language channels that can be accessed without geographic restriction from the USA, including channels that are in the USA or Canada) that could be mapped to a TVHeadEnd channel in this manner, but I suspect they are few and far between.

The other issue is sites that offer videos on demand. These are not live streams, but instead are individual videos of current and past programs. The holy grail for me would be to find a program that runs IN LINUX (NOT WINDOWS) that can grab these files as they appear and add them as recordings under TVHeadEnd, or make them available to Kodi in some other way. In other words think about video addons for Kodi such as SyFy, it will show you individual episodes such as (just as an example) the three part series Childhood's End. Each of these are two hour shows and I don't always have time to watch in one sitting, and if you have bandwidth caps you don't want to keep restarting them from the start. What I would like to find is a program or script that runs under Linux (I can't emphasize that enough) that could, in such a situation, watch the site for new episodes as they appear and when they do, either add them to your recordings directory in TVHeadEnd or in some other way make them available to your Kodi frontends. The real problem is parsing the site and finding the available shows and files (which the SyFy addon apparently can already do) and then watching a particular show's directory, maybe as a nightly cron job, and downloading new episodes of such programs as soon as they appear, and if necessary then running them through ffmpeg or whatever to get them into a format that TVHeadEnd or Kodi can deal with. Granted this is not the same as accessing a live stream, but the goal is the same, to make shows available on your schedule (even if you don't get around to watching them for a few months) and not force you to go to someone's web site using a web browser to watch them. And, of course, to be able to freely skip through parts you don't want to watch or go back to parts you missed without using extra bandwidth, since many ISP's will charge you extra if you go over your data cap.
(2016-03-03, 13:10)krijeck Wrote: one more question probably someone could answer.
I did invest now a lot of work and some day will come when I need to reinstall everything!
So is there any possible built in function to backup everything?
or do I need to save/backup the folders - as I did in the older versions?

Any idea to port the setup of one tvheadend installation to another one?
I did a copy of the whole folder tvheadend and copied it to the respective folder on another machine - but was not successful. Probably I did some mistake. any idea how to do this? What I did was change the user and group permissions so they matched the original tvh installation - did not work out.

As said I have a super working version now and want to have exactly the same setup on another machine to have one which runs 24/7 on a raspberry pi. any help would be appreciated.Blush
rebuilding ....
ok, just an update and again asking for help.

I did look thru some of the config files in the /tvheadend dir.
So now I know the path to the m3u files and to the icons is in there.

I copied the files over the /tvheadend folder after installation and I added the correct files into the correct path. but still it does not work. Now I have the following output when: sudo service tvheadend status
Code:
tvheadend.service - (null)
   Loaded: loaded (/etc/init.d/tvheadend)
   Active: active (exited) since Sun 2016-03-20 07:31:49 UTC; 46s ago
  Process: 1940 ExecStop=/etc/init.d/tvheadend stop (code=exited, status=0/SUCCESS)
  Process: 1957 ExecStart=/etc/init.d/tvheadend start (code=exited, status=0/SUCCESS)

Mar 20 07:31:49 tvh tvheadend[1957]: Starting Tvheadend: tvheadend.
Mar 20 07:31:49 tvh tvheadend[1964]: main: Log started
Mar 20 07:31:49 tvh tvheadend[1964]: http: Starting HTTP server 0.0.0.0:9981
Mar 20 07:31:49 tvh tvheadend[1964]: htsp: Starting HTSP server 0.0.0.0:9982
Mar 20 07:31:49 tvh systemd[1]: Started (null).
Mar 20 07:31:49 tvh tvheadend[1964]: config: loaded

so why is the HTTP server starting at 0.0.0.0:9981 - which means it does not work!!
any ideas?

EDIT:
just tried something else:
when starting tvh with:
sudo tvheadend -C
I get the web interface!
If I start with
sudo service tvheadend start
i get no web interface!

and ... all services, mixes and networks are empty ... Sad
rebuilding ....

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help