It's been one year
It started about 4 years ago for me after seeing an episode of "This Old House" where they installed a home theater in a home they were working on and I statred searching for digital media organizers. That's when I discovered XBMC Dharma. I first started with a laptop plugged inti the TV and it has spiraled now into a full blown HTPC. I can say that this hobby is like building a car; It will never be finished becasue you will always add and change. Thank you devs!
it has been a little over a year for us as well.
i started out just looking for a way to cut the cord/satellite.
now i am starting to learn skinning. never had any interest in code till now.

i also enjoy this forum as well. i learn a lot and sometimes get a good laugh.

thanks to all.
I have know XBMC for years and even used in on my laptop from time to time, was never able to build a dedicated system thanks to always moving and cost but sense the Raspberry Pi was release I have had a dedicated Pi running 24/7 (when not moving). I'm Finally building a library, haven't even filled a TB yet but its moving fast, still only half way through ripping movies and haven't even started on TV shows yet.

XBMC is some of the best software, I love it. I'm a big FOSS fan and this is by far one of the best ones out there. Once Income stabilizes I plan to donate and when I find time (And learn the Code base) I plan to even make a few commits if I can.
It's neat people explaining how they got hooked on XBMC. I wish I knew more about computers and programming. At least i am smart enough to know how to install it and use add ons. Even went to people's homes and did it for them. It's a lot easier now then it was a year ago. Youtube has been my friend. I have better luck watching how something is done rather then reading how to do it. I retired this year so maybe with the extra time I will get more educated.
(2014-05-07, 19:40)williamplusdeb Wrote: Interesting ,I would never have thought that it went back as far as ten years. I am such a dummy.

Don't beat yourself up. We're all dummies at something...! Wink
Its been 6 months for me since i turned my unused desktop into my full time HTPC. I actually got into XBMC about 3 years ago when looking into the idea of making an HTPC. Never actually installed the software back then as I started following the rabbit down the hole with all the functionality requirements I wanted the HTPC to have avaiable. Ended up getting so overwhelmed that I trashed the idea. Six months ago I got fed up with the software on my comcast DVR and wanted something better. Came across all the notes I took from 3 years ago and created a phased plan on what to implement. I have to say over the last 3 years of development, about half ofthe requirements I wrote down that called for some hacking to integrate multiple pieces of software are now obsolete as they were implemented either in XBMC or through the use of addon. I am extremely happy with XBMC and have gotten rid of my comcast box and use XBMC to view all my media and Live TV.

Its even got me to start installing a dev enironment so that I can help improve the Live TV functionality even more. Keep up the good work guys and I hope to start contributing to the development in the near future.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
It's been one year0