Linux Gotham v13 Video pauses whilst audio continues
Hi

This is my second take at this, first try did not attract much attention.

I have the current V13 Gotham on a new Intel based platform using Intel GPU.

Problem - following a chapter switch, does not matter if followed a remote control action of just stream chapter change video will stop and audio continues as normal, eventually after many seconds the video will resume at a new time in sync with audio.
The problem will happen on local disk Bluray ISO or NAS sourced one, its not network I can be transferring a file at 70MB/s to and from the XBMC server and playing other videos at the same with no problems.
This happens on many of my BD ISO's and its really annoying.

Can anyone help please ?

http://paste.ubuntu.com/7408029/
Well..., 5 days no response.

What should I read into this:

No one cares
No one has any clue
There are too many problems in the pipeline and my problem is isolated and caused by my hardware

Should I be posting this somewhere else, perhaps I did not explain the problem properly ?

Where do I go from here?
ffmpeg[F77FE700]: [mpegts] parser not found for codec hdmv_pgs_subtitle, packets or times may be invalid.

ffmpeg seems to have issues with the subtitles. Can you try with a nightly build?
Thank you for responding wsnipex

I have changed to nightly build which resulted in build - 14.0-ALPHA1 Git:e1ee20c
I am afraid there is no change in the problem behaviour.
One thing..., in the past the FPS value in the status pages was 99, since changing to a newer processor/GPU (and Gotham) the value starts at ~60 and then quickly drops to around 30 and oscillate around that value all the time...

Log has a lot of new data..., hopefully it brings us closer to a solution.

Log file http://paste.ubuntu.com/7449680/

RGDS
So..., where to now ?

Is this a bug or am I just unlucky or what ?
This is a clean install of XBMC Gotham on Ubuntu, surely others have same problem or will have soon.

I would love to hear from some of the software developers, the problem is highly visible, reproducible and happens in the same place over and over again on a very recent hardware...

RGDS
Rip the iso to mkv and retest (makemkv can do that easily). The xbmc.log looks horrible.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
(2014-05-19, 11:04)fritsch Wrote: Rip the iso to mkv and retest (makemkv can do that easily). The xbmc.log looks horrible.

Yep, done so.
resulting MKV file plays perfectly, no dropped frames at all. I have lost HD audio in the process though.
I am not sure what this proves but I have dozens of ISO's not working that worked perfectly in Frodo, not to mention the HD audio...

RGDS
No fix for v13 in the makings - time to file a bug on trac and mark it with regression. Provide logfiles from working Frodo and non working Gotham in that trac report.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
(2014-05-21, 08:55)fritsch Wrote: No fix for v13 in the makings - time to file a bug on trac and mark it with regression. Provide logfiles from working Frodo and non working Gotham in that trac report.

Thank you for your time.

Is there a hwoto for the trac report submission? Do not want to screw it up right form the start....

RGDS Joe
Nope - just no wall of text. Minimal logfiles with debugging turned on that show the issue. One sentence summary.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Gotham v13 Video pauses whilst audio continues1