Context Scan Content
hi, just upgraded to 13.0.1 on ATV2 and dont see on the context menu the Scan for New Content.
I know the Update Library is now in the Left hand menu.But would realy like the Scan Content Back.

I have a playlist of current shows i am watching. I know i have just added a new show, so i bring
up the context menu and scan content for that particular show and now i can see it in
my playlist Library.
I then issue a Library Update and while that is updating , i now go into the library and play that episode.

Is the Scan Content somewhere else or is it gone forever. (shame if it is as it was a very good feature.
"Scan for new content" is still in the context menu for me. Works on folders in files view and works on TV shows in library view.
(2014-05-07, 09:00)Ned Scott Wrote: "Scan for new content" is still in the context menu for me. Works on folders in files view and works on TV shows in library view.

thanks for the reply, i have not checked TV shows. Will do that shortly.

I have created a playlist that contains Favorite TV shows. When i open this
a list is made with about 15 shows that i currently watch.
On ATV2 if i hold Menu button on one show , i dont see Scan New Content
(bearing in mind the xsp file that contains info was made with Frodo.
Has this changed in Gotham.) ( Edit: Just tried new xsp smart playlist in Gotham of TV Show and still no Scan New Content)

Just check TV Shows and the Scan for New content is there , but not for Playlists that show TV Shows in Library mode
I'm not sure if it's supposed to work with playlists. At least, the thinking is that it should apply to folders or TV shows (which are basically folders).
(2014-05-08, 03:30)Ned Scott Wrote: I'm not sure if it's supposed to work with playlists. At least, the thinking is that it should apply to folders or TV shows (which are basically folders).

it was working in Frodo. and basically you are seeing part of a list for TV Shows.

Is it possible to be added back as i used this every day.

I would have a new show and rather than update library and have to wait, i would
scan the show i knew i just added content. then i would start the library update
and then proceed to watch the show.

tks
I'm not sure what would be involved there. I can see that being very useful, though (kind of wish I had thought of that before). I'll ask about it.
It might work if you make a "Video node":
http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Vid...ustom_node

Not sure if this added feature caused the old behaviour to stop working though.
(2014-05-08, 11:41)Ned Scott Wrote: I'm not sure what would be involved there. I can see that being very useful, though (kind of wish I had thought of that before). I'll ask about it.

The thing is it was working, but now it isn't

hope it can be added back. really miss that feature

looking forward to a positive answer. (maybe its just an xml tweak)

(2014-05-08, 15:16)live4ever Wrote: It might work if you make a "Video node":
http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Vid...ustom_node

Not sure if this added feature caused the old behaviour to stop working though.

had a look at this page. does the custom node act like a smart playlist.

i will create one and have a try. (edit just looked a bit deeper and its not really the same thing)
Its just when something that you use every
day gets taken away, it makes it difficult .
Hi Ned. just wondered if you asked about the context menu on playlist's

tks
bump
Oops, sorry, I keep forgetting. I asked here: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...pid1709148
hi, just seen this and thanks.
i would just like to put it to JMarshall & Montellese that as Ned said, on a TV show playlist,
the Scan for new content worked perfectly.
I have a smart playlist with approx 15 shows that are ones i watch regularly.
I have just added a episode to a show ,so used to bring up my Playlist, select the show i just added content to
and then scan for new content.
The playlist only has the Name of the shows , so it scanned that
show. Now the playlist shows the content i just added.
I can now go into that show and see the new episode and play it.

The way you have it now it i have to update the whole library before i can watch this new episode.
OR
Go to TV Shows library, wait for it to load. find the show i want to update, then scan for new content.
Seem pointless to have a smart playlist then if the same menu does not appear the same as TV Shows...

pls advise

Edit: if possible ,pls check 12.3 for a TV show playlist with a few shows to see what i mean.
it is a very very useful way to update a single show.

example playlist

Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="yes" ?>
<smartplaylist type="tvshows">
<name>Favorite TV Shows</name>
<match>all</match>
<rule field="title" operator="is">
    <value>Blue Bloods</value>
    <value>Bones</value>

</rule>
</smartplaylist>

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help