Irexec doesn't work with xbmc
Hi,

I have successfully configure own lirc.conf, Enable GPIO TSOP IR Receiver in xbmc (Rasbmc Settings) and my remote control works as expected in xbmc.
I want also to execute irsend commands with the same remote while controlling xbmc for example: by pressing VOLUME UP on remote control, this should increase volume in xbmc and send command (irsend) to GPIO at the same time. So I made a test, but I think, that irexec doesnt work while xbmc is running.

I have set up lircrc file:
/home/pi/.lircrc
begin
prog = irexec
remote = edision_rc1_red
button = KEY_1
config = echo $(date) ': remote detected rc1 KEY_1' >> /home/pi/temp_rc
repeat = 0
end

and /etc/lirc/hardware.conf file:
LIRCD_ARGS="--uinput"
DRIVER="default"
DEVICE="/dev/lirc0"
MODULES="lirc_rpi"

If I exit xbmc and run command (logged as user pi):
sudo /etc/init.d/lirc restart
sudo irexec -d /home/pi/.lircrc
then it works as expected - by pressing remote key 1, irexec write to log file /home/pi/temp_rc.

But I want to run irexec with xbmc. So I added the following commands in my /etc/rc.local to run commands at boot:
sleep 5;
sudo -u root /etc/init.d/lirc restart # must run as root to work in xbmc because GPIO TSOP IR Receiver in xbmc is disabled
sleep 5;
sudo -u root irexec -d /home/pi/.lircrc
exit 0;

and Disable GPIO TSOP IR Receiver in xbmc (Rasbmc Settings) to prevent xbmc to stop my "autostarted" lirc and irexec (this is just my anticipate). After reboot, Lirc starts successfully at boot because remote control works as I expected in xbmc (with disabled GPIO TSOP IR Receiver in xbmc), but seems that irexec don't execute on remote key (write to my /home/pi/temp_rc log file).

Is it possible to execute irexec with xmbc running?
Thanks.
Maybe a bit late but,

http://blog.riyas.org/2013/12/infrared-r...emote.html
Question 
Thanks for your post.

I already manage this by installing service service.xbmc.callbacks and set to run scritp on XBMC start.

https://github.com/pilluli/service.xbmc.callbacks

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Irexec doesn't work with xbmc0