OS X 5.1 Sound Issue with XBMC 13.0
Hello.

I'm using MacBook Air with OS X 10.9.2 connected via MiniDisplayPort-HDMI to the AV-receiver with 5.1 sound system.

When I'm trying to use 5.1 digital sound output, for some reasons XBMC outputs central channel into the rear left speaker when playing 5.1 sound. Can do nothing about that. When I set sound settings to 2.0 in XBMC preferences, I'm loosing 5.1 sound at all - amplifier gets only 2.0 over HDMI. Also changing Audio-MIDI System's settings makes no effect to XBMC sound output.

This problem came with 13.0 version beta about a few months ago, and still present with 13.0 stable release. But version 12.3 outputs sound just great - right now I've made downgrade to "Frodo", and got my 5.1 sound as it should be.

Can you give some advice according to this problem?
Set your speaker config to 2.0 and enable passthrough for ac3 and dts and ac3 transcoding. (ensure to use confluence as skin and have the settings level at "advanced" for beeing able to see the passthrough options). Report back if this is a viable solution ...
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
Thank you, Memphiz!

Enabling sound passthrough was the solution of that problem.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
5.1 Sound Issue with XBMC 13.00