Recording locations
I don't know if this is the right place to ask this, but I am trying to migrate from SageTV to XBMC for all my video needs. In Sage, I would run a commercial cutting program and then compress the file and move it to a specific location depending on the video. Sage had no issue with still being able to find it and open it.

I found that if I move a video that XBMC recorded, it can't find the new location and open it.

So for example:

Show recorded in f:\recordings
Show moved to d:\videos\NCIS

I have d:\videos as a video source, but XBMC is not seeing it. Also in the Live TV recordings section, it still shows NCIS, but when I click on it I get an error since it can't find the video.

Here's the log if it helps: http://pastebin.com/vAS9G1WD
The recording database is read from NPVR. If you move a file, NPVR doesn't know this and sends the old path to XBMC and you can not play the file.

If you setup XBMC so that the recording directory and your "moved" directory is a source for XBMC's TV library, then you can playback the files from the TV library without issues.

What I do is:
Use ImageGrabLite add-on for NPVR.
This will create .nfo files for the TV shows and the episodes so they will import into XBMC's TV library properly.
Create a second directory in NPVR's settings named "Archive" (A second directory is necessary to have an 'archive' location.)
Add the recording directory and 'Archive' directories from above to XBMC as a source for TV shows.

Now, when I want to keep a show for longer than my recording setting in NPVR, I use the NPVR archive function and this will move the recording to the 'Archived' folder.
great thanks will give that a shot.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Recording locations0