• 107(current)
Linux ChromeBox Kodi E-Z Setup Script (LibreELEC/Linux+Kodi) [2017/02/21]
Matt-

Just setup my Chromebox yesterday as Openelec standalone. Thanks for your tireless effort on this project. Truly amazing.

A very small issue/question I have is related to the PS3 BD Remote. It's paired and everything looks in order. However, one thing I noticed missing vs my Win7 RC6 remote setup is "long key presses" or "repeating presses" (honestly not sure what the official term is for this feature). A simple explanation is when I scroll through a list, for example, movies, I can hold down the "down directional" key and the menu will start scrolling. For the PS3 BD Remote I must repress the button to continue to go down the list. No scrolling.

I've searched around for this, but couldn't pinpoint an answer.

I did run into this issue with my parents Openelec setup that uses a RC6 remote. The recommendation at the time (on the OE forum) was to make a change to the XBMC advanced settings or keymap xml (can't remember which). While the change worked, the scroll was very choppy.(Unlike with Win7 which is fast and smooth.) Almost as if it wasn't a true scroll, more like the remote was just sending repeated key presses and OE was reacting,......but not really "scrolling". Maybe the answer to the PS3 BD Remote is that same as this?

Apologies if my explanation is poor.

Again, thanks for all your efforts. Let hope the Chromebox line has some awesome years ahead.
I actually fixed the patch for this in 4.1.6, and just tested it in 4.2.0. The keys do repeat, but there about a 1s delay before the key initially repeats, then every 125ms thereafter
Got it, so the version I installed yesterday via the Openelec website "OpenELEC Stable - Generic x86_64 Version:4.2.0" (the USB stick I used from your script was not being recognized by SeaBios) has this fix in it? Is it just a matter of me not realizing it actually works?
Huh :facepalm:
(2014-10-02, 17:43)onizuka Wrote: Got it, so the version I installed yesterday via the Openelec website "OpenELEC Stable - Generic x86_64 Version:4.2.0" (the USB stick I used from your script was not being recognized by SeaBios) has this fix in it? Is it just a matter of me not realizing it actually works?

yes, same version as the script, it's just there for convenience. Perhaps you are used to a shorter delay before the initial repeat with MCE remotes?
Will circle back and check, thanks!
Sorry if this is answered somewhere else. Does openelec autoupdate or do we need to run the script for updating?
Living Room: Ubuntu 16.10 x64 | BayTrail-M SOC | Krypton | Hitachi 55L6 | Yamaha RX-V665 | 7.1 Polk Surround
Den: RetroPie 4.1 | Raspberry Pi 3 | Krypton | VIZIO XVT553SV
Bedroom: OSMC 2017.02-1 | Raspberry Pi 3 | Krypton | VIZIO E370VA
HP Chromebook 14: Ubuntu 16.04 x64 | Celeron 2955U | Jarvis
NAS: Windows 10 | 20TB on DrivePool | Emby DB | Subsonic | Plex
(2014-10-03, 04:39)VanillaXtract Wrote: Sorry if this is answered somewhere else. Does openelec autoupdate or do we need to run the script for updating?

the script will only update the firmware. OpenELEC auto-updates stable to stable, and beta to beta or stable. Stable to beta has to be done manually as per the wiki
You can also decide if you want to autoupdate or to update manually.
Manual Up and Downgrade is also quite easy, just put the Tar File in the Update Share and Reboot.
| myHTPC |
(2014-10-02, 18:39)Matt Devo Wrote:
(2014-10-02, 17:43)onizuka Wrote: Got it, so the version I installed yesterday via the Openelec website "OpenELEC Stable - Generic x86_64 Version:4.2.0" (the USB stick I used from your script was not being recognized by SeaBios) has this fix in it? Is it just a matter of me not realizing it actually works?

yes, same version as the script, it's just there for convenience. Perhaps you are used to a shorter delay before the initial repeat with MCE remotes?

Matt - Confirmed it works and I'm an idiot.

Thanks
(2014-10-03, 11:08)-DDD- Wrote: You can also decide if you want to autoupdate or to update manually.
Manual Up and Downgrade is also quite easy, just put the Tar File in the Update Share and Reboot.

I have taken to putting a number of recent versions in /storage. When I want to try a different version I simply SSH in, copy from /storage to /storage/.update and reboot. You can also do the copying via the xbmc file manager.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
Thanks for the script... It worked great but only one issue and that is with XBMC OPEN ELEC. All the of the settings are not saving like the PVR I have enabled and access to my mysql DB. All my other XBMC builds work find with advanced and setting xml but the chromebox seems not pull it in.

Thanks...
(2014-10-03, 21:30)lburrowes Wrote: Thanks for the script... It worked great but only one issue and that is with XBMC OPEN ELEC. All the of the settings are not saving like the PVR I have enabled and access to my mysql DB. All my other XBMC builds work find with advanced and setting xml but the chromebox seems not pull it in.

Thanks...

not sure exactly what you mean. I run my Chromebox off a central MySQL db and it has no problem with the redirection in advancedsettings.xml. if yours isn't working, it's something specific to your setup, not a general ChromeBox/OpenELEC/XBMC issue.
(2014-10-03, 22:43)Matt Devo Wrote:
(2014-10-03, 21:30)lburrowes Wrote: Thanks for the script... It worked great but only one issue and that is with XBMC OPEN ELEC. All the of the settings are not saving like the PVR I have enabled and access to my mysql DB. All my other XBMC builds work find with advanced and setting xml but the chromebox seems not pull it in.

Thanks...

not sure exactly what you mean. I run my Chromebox off a central MySQL db and it has no problem with the redirection in advancedsettings.xml. if yours isn't working, it's something specific to your setup, not a general ChromeBox/OpenELEC/XBMC issue.

When I restart the CB it will have my PVR client disabled and it is not updating the watched/new shows like my other Win7 (XBMC) & Android Tablet builds. I copied the same exact file (sources/advanced) that is on my XBMC userdata folder to my new CB folder and no luck. I see the files have the correct date but they are not staying resident for some changes. Very odd...
Where are you copying these files from? Do they have proper ownership and permissions? Do they have proper Unix formatting or were they created on windows?
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
(2014-10-03, 23:25)nickr Wrote: Where are you copying these files from? Do they have proper ownership and permissions? Do they have proper Unix formatting or were they created on windows?

Via SMB. Thats why its so odd. AppleTV, Samsung Tablet, RasberryPi, and Win7 all use the same exact files but the CB is having issues with them. I guess I will try and reinstall openELEC and see if it works.
  • 107(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
ChromeBox Kodi E-Z Setup Script (LibreELEC/Linux+Kodi) [2017/02/21]37