• 56(current)
Linux ChromeBox Kodi E-Z Setup Script (LibreELEC/Linux+Kodi) [2017/02/21]
(2014-07-30, 05:05)Matt Devo Wrote: updated script with new coreboot and SeaBIOS files:

- fixes video init issue when no display detected (due to AVR passthru or device power-on order) - may also help with no sound on resume from suspend
- filenames updated to reflect suitability for both Asus and HP ChromeBox models

updated wiki with recommended OpenELEC / XBMC settings

How would I update this after installing it already?
(2014-07-30, 05:48)rmilyard Wrote: How would I update this after installing it already?

re-run the script, as per the wiki Smile
(2014-07-30, 05:53)Matt Devo Wrote:
(2014-07-30, 05:48)rmilyard Wrote: How would I update this after installing it already?

re-run the script, as per the wiki Smile

Not really understanding it. Maybe since new to this or late. Lol.
(2014-07-30, 05:56)rmilyard Wrote: Not really understanding it. Maybe since new to this or late. Lol.

download ChromiumOS image, write to USB, boot USB stick, update firmware by running the script, just like you installed it the first time
Matt, thank you for yet another update and continued support. Still my best supported piece of hardware, thanks to you.
(2014-07-30, 06:31)jsp1 Wrote: Matt, thank you for yet another update and continued support. Still my best supported piece of hardware, thanks to you.
My words!
I've recently moved and can't get any videos to play over my new internet connection. Videos stored locally can be played via SMB. Everything works fine for XBMC on my laptop, but I can't get anything to play over the internet on the Asus. Can you please help me figure out the problem?

Log: http://pastebin.com/LH1xzMqc
Matt so I should be downloading AMD64OS version not Cx86OS? Does it matter which I get?

Create ChromiumOS USB Stick Download the latest AMD64OS daily build from http://arnoldthebat.co.uk/wordpress/chromium-os/. Be sure it's the AMD64OS version, and the image version (.img.7z) and not the virtual machine version (.vdi.7z). Example: Camd64OS-20140527010101.img.7z
Follow the instructions at the link above to extract and copy the image onto a USB disk. You will need at least a 4GB drive, and the contents of it will be erased. I recommend a USB2 device as USB3 devices seem to be flaky on the ChromeBox. Do NOT use the same USB stick that you used for your firmware backup
(2014-07-30, 16:26)rmilyard Wrote: Matt so I should be downloading AMD64OS version not Cx86OS? Does it matter which I get?

Correct, I specify the 64-bit version in the wiki for a reason Smile
(2014-07-30, 14:42)A2K81 Wrote: I've recently moved and can't get any videos to play over my new internet connection. Videos stored locally can be played via SMB. Everything works fine for XBMC on my laptop, but I can't get anything to play over the internet on the Asus. Can you please help me figure out the problem?

Are you sure a connection is established?
Lot of request timeouts
(2014-07-30, 16:33)magy77 Wrote:
(2014-07-30, 14:42)A2K81 Wrote: I've recently moved and can't get any videos to play over my new internet connection. Videos stored locally can be played via SMB. Everything works fine for XBMC on my laptop, but I can't get anything to play over the internet on the Asus. Can you please help me figure out the problem?

Lot of request timeouts

I believe a connection is established. The weather widget is displaying correctly and I see an IP address in System settings. I'm also able to get into all of the addons and pull listings/menus, which I don't think I'd be able to do if I didn't have a connection.

Not sure if it matters, but I now run my connection through a modem and into a wireless router. At my old place, I plugged the cable directly from the wall into the router. For a few days I was also using the Asus to play local video files via SMB prior to my new internet being set up. Would this have messed things up for me?
(2014-07-30, 16:37)A2K81 Wrote:
(2014-07-30, 16:33)magy77 Wrote:

Lot of request timeouts

I believe a connection is established. The weather widget is displaying correctly and I see an IP address in System settings. I'm also able to get into all of the addons and pull listings/menus, which I don't think I'd be able to do if I didn't have a connection.

Do you can remote with yatse? When the box is in the network it should go otherwise is a problem there.
Try it
Do you can remote with yatse? When the box is in the network it should go otherwise is a problem there.
Try it
[/quote]

I haven't tried yatse and I'm at work, so I'd have to try this tonight. I have been using a wireless keyboard with a USB dongle though, which continues to work.

Unless I'm being a bonehead, I don't recall being asked to enter my wifi/network information in XBMC after running the standalone script. Perhaps because I've introduced a modem into the equation (and changed service providers), I need to do a factory reset and redo everything on the new connection? Although I'm still pretty sure I have a connection currently.
(2014-07-30, 16:44)A2K81 Wrote: Do you can remote with yatse? When the box is in the network it should go otherwise is a problem there.
Try it

I haven't tried yatse and I'm at work, so I'd have to try this tonight. I have been using a wireless keyboard with a USB dongle though, which continues to work.

Unless I'm being a bonehead, I don't recall being asked to enter my wifi/network information in XBMC after running the standalone script. Perhaps because I've introduced a modem into the equation (and changed service providers), I need to do a factory reset and redo everything on the new connection? Although I'm still pretty sure I have a connection currently.
[/quote]

See PM
(2014-07-30, 16:44)A2K81 Wrote: I haven't tried yatse and I'm at work, so I'd have to try this tonight. I have been using a wireless keyboard with a USB dongle though, which continues to work.

Yatse is only going to tell you if your local network connection is working, which you've already verified via SMB video playback. The wireless USB keyboard has nothing to do with either your local network or internet connection.

Quote:Unless I'm being a bonehead, I don't recall being asked to enter my wifi/network information in XBMC after running the standalone script. Perhaps because I've introduced a modem into the equation (and changed service providers), I need to do a factory reset and redo everything on the new connection? Although I'm still pretty sure I have a connection currently.

OpenELEC provides a pretty easy way to connect to both wired and wireless networks, and walks you thru setting up the connection on the first boot. Go to Settings-->OpenELEC-->Network.

As per the forum guidelines though, I can't help troubleshoot connections to various streaming add-ons/services you might be using, only a general internet connection.
  • 56(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
ChromeBox Kodi E-Z Setup Script (LibreELEC/Linux+Kodi) [2017/02/21]37