• 71(current)
Linux ChromeBox Kodi E-Z Setup Script (LibreELEC/Linux+Kodi) [2017/02/21]
(2014-08-17, 20:13)desperado77 Wrote: Hi,

Is there a way to increase default hdmi audio volume in Openelec setup?

Thanks

not to my knowledge, but since it's a general OE question, might have been luck on the OE forums or IRC channel
Thanks Matt,

It's very quieter compared to a raspberry pi, that's why i asked here.

Any one experienced the same issue ? perhaps it's just my setup!
Quote:
(2014-08-17, 15:49)magy77 Wrote: Does somebody use WOL over Wlan with the Asus Chromebox??
Wont work Sad

WOL for WLAN is not a supported feature under OpenELEC (or most Linux distros I assume); there's nothing from a hardware or firmware standpoint that would prevent it.

Ok thx. Someone installed the OE 4.1.4 ?
The Performance in 4.1.3 was better right?!
(2014-08-17, 22:02)magy77 Wrote: Ok thx. Someone installed the OE 4.1.4 ?
The Performance in 4.1.3 was better right?!

no idea what you're referring to here. I've seen no degradation in performance in 4.1.4 relative to 4.1.3.
(2014-08-17, 20:06)Matt Devo Wrote: To what end though? Like I said, it would only be useful if you were going to wipe ChromeOS off the hard drive, but stick with the stock firmware, which is pretty much pointless. The updated coreboot firmware isn't ChromeOS compatible, which is why I recommend making a bootable ChromiumOS USB stick instead.

Since you've already made it, and want to use it for whatever reason, all you need to do is enable USB booting for ChromeOS via the CLI:

Code:
sudo crossystem dev_boot_usb=1
I didn't realize it wouldn't run with the updated firmware, so it's not of any use to me. I've subsequently deleted it.

Thanks for the script and the help. I got OpenELEC installed and running without much drama. FWIW it works fine with the ~$30 CM6631A USB to SPDIF adapter I bought off ebay.
Should the HP 5070-2584 IR receiver be working with 4.1.4 official or not? I see the note in the wiki that TopSeed receivers don't work due to reporting an invalid timing parameter, but I also see the note, "It appears that the fix for MCE remotes will be included in the 3.16 kernel, so once that is available, MCE remotes should work out of the box for everyone." The system information summary shows 3.16.1.

I set my Harmony 880 up basically per the wiki guide here, but it doesn't work. I will admit being rather frustrated. Every thread or wiki I find about getting IR remotes to work with OpenELEC seems totally different. I don't know if "Remote control sends keyboard presses" should be checked or not. I don't know if I need to set up a keymap.xml file or not. If so, what should be in it? Do I need to tell OpenELEC to use a keytable like this guide says?

The ir-keytable command shows
Code:
Found /sys/class/rc/rc0/ (/dev/input/event13) with:
        Driver mceusb, table rc-rc6-mce
        Supported protocols: NEC RC-5 RC-6 JVC SONY SANYO LIRC other
        Enabled protocols: NEC RC-6
        Repeat delay = 1000 ms, repeat period = 125 ms

There's no output when I run irw, but I see the red light on the receiver flash when I push buttons on the Harmony. Huh
(2014-08-17, 23:34)Stereodude Wrote: Should the HP 5070-2584 IR receiver be working with 4.1.4 official or not? I see the note in the wiki that TopSeed receivers don't work due to reporting an invalid timing parameter, but I also see the note, "It appears that the fix for MCE remotes will be included in the 3.16 kernel, so once that is available, MCE remotes should work out of the box for everyone." The system information summary shows 3.16.1.

the HP 5070-2584 is not currently working (as noted in the wiki), as it is made by Topseed. The fix in 3.16.x was for a different issue, not the one affecting the Topseed receivers. I've clarified the wiki to this effect. I also now have one of these Topseed receivers, and will see if I can come up with a fix for them as well. For now, your best bet is to purchase something which is listed as working under the wiki.
(2014-08-17, 20:13)desperado77 Wrote: Is there a way to increase default hdmi audio volume in Openelec setup?
Why would you want to do that? You'll end up clipping high amplitude audio.
What should i choose for the asus chromebox. Vdpau or vaapi? Its both working...
What u mean?
(2014-08-18, 21:21)magy77 Wrote: What should i choose for the asus chromebox. Vdpau or vaapi? Its both working...

the recommended settings for video acceleration are listed in the wiki. VDPAU is not supported on Intel video hardware, selecting it will have no effect.
Why should i activate the sw filter?
(2014-08-18, 21:32)magy77 Wrote: Why should i activate the sw filter?

RTFW:

Video Playback:
An Intel Linux video driver bug ( https://bugs.freedesktop.org/show_bug.cgi?id=78960 ) causes intermittent freezes/pauses.
Workaround: (OpenELEC) enable the 'Use SW filter for VAAPI' option Settings-->Video-->Acceleration.
Workaround: (XBMC 13.2+?) disable the 'Prefer VAAPI Rendering' option Settings-->Video-->Acceleration.
Ive read this but its no more freezing. Since 4.1.3
Hello,

Matt, Thank you so much for all your hard work! This is such a great script you have developed! Worked like a charm for me.

(edit) - i figured out my wifi issue. Big Grin
(2014-08-18, 21:42)magy77 Wrote: Ive read this but its no more freezing. Since 4.1.3

really? have you tested enough? that would be great news
My XBMC/Kodi folder: addons, skins, addon/menu backgrounds & more
  • 71(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
ChromeBox Kodi E-Z Setup Script (LibreELEC/Linux+Kodi) [2017/02/21]37