• 79(current)
Linux ChromeBox Kodi E-Z Setup Script (LibreELEC/Linux+Kodi) [2017/02/21]
For the HDMI Handshake issue must i type:
xrandr --output HDMI1 --set audio on or
xrandr --output HDMI1 --set "audio" on or
xrandr --output HDMI1 --set "audio" "on" <--- stays in the wiki, but think isn't working for me, so its just a question

Thx 4 help
I'm stuck on the part... Doesn't run the ez setup screen. I've followed every step to the T.

Hit CTRL-ALT-F2 to open command prompt
Login with user chronos (no password required for ChromeOS; ChromiumOS uses 'password')
Download and run the ChromeBox setup script with the commands:
curl -L -O http://goo.gl/3Tfu5W
sudo bash 3Tfu5W
(2014-08-26, 19:58)jjslegacy Wrote: File:
Name: 01-reviveaudio.power

Contents:
#!/bin/sh
case "$1" in
pre)
echo nothing
;;
post)
xrandr -display :0 --output HDMI1 --off
sleep 25
xrandr -display :0 --output HDMI1 --auto
;;
esac

Now this all assumes your receiver will be turned on in 25 seconds. I suppose there is some logic I could come up with to have it check but not sure what yet.

it won't let me create a sleep.d directory? what easy step am i missing? the command mkdir won't work....

PHP Code:
echo "#!/bin/sh" > /storage/.config/sleep.d/01-reviveaudio.power && chmod +/storage/.config/sleep.d/01-reviveaudio.power

-shcan't create /storage/.config/sleep.d/01-reviveaudio.power: nonexistent directory 

I keep getting this error.

PHP Code:
mkdir /storage/.config/sleep.d
mkdir
can't create directory '/storage/.config/sleep.d': File exists 
(2014-08-29, 02:00)bmwfanboy Wrote: I'm stuck on the part... Doesn't run the ez setup screen. I've followed every step to the T.

Hit CTRL-ALT-F2 to open command prompt
Login with user chronos (no password required for ChromeOS; ChromiumOS uses 'password')
Download and run the ChromeBox setup script with the commands:
curl -L -O http://goo.gl/3Tfu5W
sudo bash 3Tfu5W
What does it do / say?
The part I'm confused by and stuck is the next step after command screen pops up. Its login with chronos then I type curl ext and nothing.
So when I CTRL-ALT-F2 command prompt opens up.

I login in with chronos like it says?

Then I type curl -L -0 http://goo.gl/3Tfu5W after this it runs down matrix style scrip and goes back to login.

I just don't know what i'm doing wrong. Is -0 (zero) or capitol -O (letter)?
"no password required for ChromeOS; ChromiumOS uses 'password"<<< How does someone even get that part after login with Chronos?

Wish someone made a video tutorial step by step for the Asus Chromebox install, would gladly donate $20.
(2014-08-29, 02:02)Mark the Red Wrote:
(2014-08-26, 19:58)jjslegacy Wrote: File:
Name: 01-reviveaudio.power

Contents:
#!/bin/sh
case "$1" in
pre)
echo nothing
;;
post)
xrandr -display :0 --output HDMI1 --off
sleep 25
xrandr -display :0 --output HDMI1 --auto
;;
esac

Now this all assumes your receiver will be turned on in 25 seconds. I suppose there is some logic I could come up with to have it check but not sure what yet.

it won't let me create a sleep.d directory? what easy step am i missing? the command mkdir won't work....

PHP Code:
echo "#!/bin/sh" > /storage/.config/sleep.d/01-reviveaudio.power && chmod +/storage/.config/sleep.d/01-reviveaudio.power

-shcan't create /storage/.config/sleep.d/01-reviveaudio.power: nonexistent directory 

I keep getting this error.

PHP Code:
mkdir /storage/.config/sleep.d
mkdir
can't create directory '/storage/.config/sleep.d': File exists 

What does this show:
ls -al /storage/.config/

Did a sleep.d file get created in that folder and so you can't create the directory?
^^^^ yes

PHP Code:
-rwxr-xr-x    1 root     root            10 Aug 28 16:52 sleep.

maybe i'm missing the forest from the trees. How do I create a 01-reviveaudio.power script inside another script sleep.d (daemon scriptHuh?)

I suck at teh linux
nvm....figured it out. it was the redundant file name issue.....deleted it and started from scratch.
(2014-08-25, 03:26)Veronica Wrote: http://openelec.tv/forum/12-guides-tips-...n-openelec

Hello there, has anyone tried the above to install google chrome or other apps?.

BTW how is XBMCbuntu working, is it as good as Openelec in general (mostly video playback quality) or not?. 2gb ram asus chromebox here

anyone?
My XBMC/Kodi folder: addons, skins, addon/menu backgrounds & more
(2014-08-29, 04:08)Mark the Red Wrote: nvm....figured it out. it was the redundant file name issue.....deleted it and started from scratch.

was just going to say that is a file not a directory and it should be a directory

Glad you got it working - if you have any other issues let me know
(2014-08-29, 03:06)bmwfanboy Wrote: So when I CTRL-ALT-F2 command prompt opens up.

I login in with chronos like it says?

Then I type curl -L -0 http://goo.gl/3Tfu5W after this it runs down matrix style scrip and goes back to login.

I just don't know what i'm doing wrong. Is -0 (zero) or capitol -O (letter)?
"no password required for ChromeOS; ChromiumOS uses 'password"<<< How does someone even get that part after login with Chronos?

Wish someone made a video tutorial step by step for the Asus Chromebox install, would gladly donate $20.

at the login prompt, type 'chronos' then hit [enter]
you will then get a standard command prompt
type 'curl -L -O http://goo.gl/3Tfu5W' then hit [enter]. it's a capital O, not a zero.
after the script downloads (which should only take 4-5 lines), you will be returned to the command prompt
then type 'sudo bash 3Tfu5W' and hit [enter] and the script menu will show

(2014-08-29, 04:49)Veronica Wrote:
(2014-08-25, 03:26)Veronica Wrote: http://openelec.tv/forum/12-guides-tips-...n-openelec

Hello there, has anyone tried the above to install google chrome or other apps?.

BTW how is XBMCbuntu working, is it as good as Openelec in general (mostly video playback quality) or not?. 2gb ram asus chromebox here

anyone?

you can run the Chromium browser just fine. Not sure what you are asking in regards to XBMCbuntu. Video quality isn't distro dependent, it's driver dependent. OE is going to have the latest drivers with the latest fixes (so no need to disable hardware acceleration)
thanks, i think my questions are clear. I've been looking for sometime to have a more complete kind of all in one solution without dual booting so the link posted and XBMCbuntu or Ubuntu + XBMC looked like my only options but i needed something parent's proof and linux is NOT.

Chromium browser sucks in openelec, you can't compare it to a full chrome browser install. BTW i read somewhere that Netflix will soon work (maybe it already does?) on linux with latest Chrome browser-BETA.

Fortunately i just found a post with instructions to boot Windows 8 off a usb thumb/hard drive and install proper audio/video/chipset drivers so i'll go with that first.
My XBMC/Kodi folder: addons, skins, addon/menu backgrounds & more
Hello,

I am having what I think is a HDMI hand shake problem, the picture and sound flash on then off over and over. From first boot up, suspend, reboot, it does not seem to matter. I have to reboot, and turn the TV on and off a few times to make the problem stop. I have tested my Chromebox on 3 different TVs now, on the 2 LGs the problem is the same, on the Mitsubishi the picture will not even come on it flashes so rapidly.

Not sure if there is a setting or something I can adjust, but the problem does not see to be random, and is becoming very common now.

Anyone got any ideas?

Thanks.
Hi,

I've got a separate problem. My Chromebox and OpenElec dualboot have been running perfectly since I got it a few weeks ago. Suddenly, I tried to reboot it this morning and am not getting this message:

****Error in check_disks: could not repair filesystem, dropping do debug shell, try to run 'fsck' manually: ****
### Starting debugging shell.... type exit to quit ###
sh: can't access tty; job control turned off
# _

Help! What do I do? It was working like a dream before.

Thanks,

Dunc
  • 79(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
ChromeBox Kodi E-Z Setup Script (LibreELEC/Linux+Kodi) [2017/02/21]37