• 80(current)
Linux ChromeBox Kodi E-Z Setup Script (LibreELEC/Linux+Kodi) [2017/02/21]
Found the solution in the earlier part of this thread! Many thanks,

Dunc

(2014-08-29, 12:49)duncspur Wrote: Hi,

I've got a separate problem. My Chromebox and OpenElec dualboot have been running perfectly since I got it a few weeks ago. Suddenly, I tried to reboot it this morning and am not getting this message:

****Error in check_disks: could not repair filesystem, dropping do debug shell, try to run 'fsck' manually: ****
### Starting debugging shell.... type exit to quit ###
sh: can't access tty; job control turned off
# _

Help! What do I do? It was working like a dream before.

Thanks,

Dunc
I'm sure someone has had this issue but I haven't found it. I chose to dual boot openElec and chrome. 6GB partition for openElec. Boots perfectly to openElec every time. My issue is that I can't get into chrome. When I hit Control while booting I get an error stating there is not enough bios memory to boot. Has anyone had this problem or know of a fix?
Thanks
(2014-08-29, 19:00)quicktruck Wrote: I'm sure someone has had this issue but I haven't found it. I chose to dual boot openElec and chrome. 6GB partition for openElec. Boots perfectly to openElec every time. My issue is that I can't get into chrome. When I hit Control while booting I get an error stating there is not enough bios memory to boot. Has anyone had this problem or know of a fix?
Thanks

you need to hit [CTRL-D] to boot ChromeOS *before* the SeaBIOS boot screen, so that it will load ChromeOS instead of SeaBIOS. Hitting it on the SeaBIOS boot screen has the effect you noted Smile
(2014-08-29, 19:55)Matt Devo Wrote:
(2014-08-29, 19:00)quicktruck Wrote: I'm sure someone has had this issue but I haven't found it. I chose to dual boot openElec and chrome. 6GB partition for openElec. Boots perfectly to openElec every time. My issue is that I can't get into chrome. When I hit Control while booting I get an error stating there is not enough bios memory to boot. Has anyone had this problem or know of a fix?
Thanks

you need to hit [CTRL-D] to boot ChromeOS *before* the SeaBIOS boot screen, so that it will load ChromeOS instead of SeaBIOS. Hitting it on the SeaBIOS boot screen has the effect you noted Smile

Wow, I feel like an idiot. Thanks, it works great now. lol
Matt,
(or anyone who knows)

Please excuse my n00b question:

I have the standalone OpenELEC install on my asus chromebox.

my question:

I have v2.7 of your script. I have no "issues" per-say. more like ive accepted the "issues" but id rather FIX them with script update.

How do I go about updating my chromebox?
Will it reset my xbmc settings/skins/etc?

thank you
I installed OpenELEC via dual boot on my HP Chromebox a while back without issue. However the other day I tried to use the DisplayPort output without any luck. The HDMI output works great.

For testing I connected HDMI to input 1 on my receiver and DisplayPort to input 2 and booted Chrome OS. Once booted I switched the input to input 2 and Chrome OS stated it was extending the screen so it appears to work fine. I had an image on both HDMI and DisplayPort. Which leaves me to believe the hardware is working. I have used the cables and adapter on several NUCs so they work.

Under OpenELEC I get the option to switch outputs however it only cycles to HDMI1/Default. I also get the option to disable the other output. I have also connected DisplayPort to my projector with the same results.

Something simple, bug, etc?
(2014-08-29, 20:50)rdyott Wrote: Matt,
(or anyone who knows)

Please excuse my n00b question:

I have the standalone OpenELEC install on my asus chromebox.

my question:

I have v2.7 of your script. I have no "issues" per-say. more like ive accepted the "issues" but id rather FIX them with script update.

How do I go about updating my chromebox?
Will it reset my xbmc settings/skins/etc?

thank you

Updating the firmware (via the script) and OpenELEC (via a manual update) are two completely independent processes. Neither will reset your XBMC settings, and both are detailed in the wiki.

As to whether this will address any issues you are having, that really depends on what they are. Can you elaborate?

(2014-08-29, 21:33)Charles R Wrote: I installed OpenELEC via dual boot on my HP Chromebox a while back without issue. However the other day I tried to use the DisplayPort output without any luck. The HDMI output works great.

For testing I connected HDMI to input 1 on my receiver and DisplayPort to input 2 and booted Chrome OS. Once booted I switched the input to input 2 and Chrome OS stated it was extending the desktop and it appears to work fine. I had an image on both HDMI and DisplayPort. So I'm guessing the hardware is working. I have used the cables and adapter on several NUCs so they work.

Under OpenELEC I get the option to switch inputs however it only cycles to HDMI1. I also get the option to disable the other output. I have also connected DisplayPort to my projector with the same results.

Something simple, bug, etc?

OpenELEC is designed to use a single display only, and will default to HDMI if both HDMI and DP are connected. ChromeOS is set up to use multiple displays. If you're wanting to switch between displays in OE while having both HDMI and DP connected, I believe that's a question for the OE devs.
Sorry for being such a Noob, my procces is stuck after the stand alone boot.

Screen is reading
Seabios (version xxxxxxxxx random)
Press ESC for boot menu
Booting from Hard Disk...
_

When I hit ESC it does nothing. My SD card is plugged in. Any suggestions?
(2014-08-29, 22:02)Matt Devo Wrote: Updating the firmware (via the script) and OpenELEC (via a manual update) are two completely independent processes. Neither will reset your XBMC settings, and both are detailed in the wiki.

As to whether this will address any issues you are having, that really depends on what they are. Can you elaborate?

Quote:Version history
------------------------------------------------------------------
2014-07-29 -- v2.16
------------------------------------------------------------------
- updated VGA BIOS to always init display even if connection not detected (fix no video for some users)

that is the "issue" i have. its a minor issue. I just make sure Tv is on, before i turn on the chromebox.

But I figured might as well fix it, and learn how to update i assume firmware now for future upgrades.
Anyone?

(2014-08-29, 08:30)JonniMR Wrote: Hello,

I am having what I think is a HDMI hand shake problem, the picture and sound flash on then off over and over. From first boot up, suspend, reboot, it does not seem to matter. I have to reboot, and turn the TV on and off a few times to make the problem stop. I have tested my Chromebox on 3 different TVs now, on the 2 LGs the problem is the same, on the Mitsubishi the picture will not even come on it flashes so rapidly.

Not sure if there is a setting or something I can adjust, but the problem does not see to be random, and is becoming very common now.

Anyone got any ideas?

Thanks.
(2014-08-30, 00:56)bmwfanboy Wrote: Sorry for being such a Noob, my procces is stuck after the stand alone boot.

Screen is reading
Seabios (version xxxxxxxxx random)
Press ESC for boot menu
Booting from Hard Disk...
_

When I hit ESC it does nothing. My SD card is plugged in. Any suggestions?

if the version # in the SeaBIOS version string doesn't have my name, then you still have the stock firmware/SeaBIOS on there, which is broken. Re-run the script and update the firmware using the standalone setup option.

if it does have my name, then it just means your keyboard is one that doesn't work without OS initialization, so use a different one.

(2014-08-30, 02:18)rdyott Wrote: that is the "issue" i have. its a minor issue. I just make sure Tv is on, before i turn on the chromebox.

But I figured might as well fix it, and learn how to update i assume firmware now for future upgrades.

just follow the instructions in the wiki - make a ChromiumOS USB boot stick, use it, and re-run the script from there.

(2014-08-30, 02:33)JonniMR Wrote: Anyone?

that's not a problem I've seen anyone else have, perhaps try a different HDMI cable? It could also be a hardware issue with the ChromeBox itself. You are running a standalone or dual boot setup? latest firmware/SeaBIOS update?
(2014-08-30, 03:17)Matt Devo Wrote:
(2014-08-30, 02:33)JonniMR Wrote: Anyone?

that's not a problem I've seen anyone else have, perhaps try a different HDMI cable? It could also be a hardware issue with the ChromeBox itself. You are running a standalone or dual boot setup? latest firmware/SeaBIOS update?

I have tried three different TVs, three different cables. I am running dual boot Chrome/OpenELEC (version 4.1.5)

Where can I find the firmware information and I have not updated SeaBIOS. If that was a step I missed it completely.

Thanks Matt
Matt

Just found you on Facebook and liked. I'm going to snap a picture of my screen since its easier to post.
(2014-08-30, 03:42)JonniMR Wrote: I have tried three different TVs, three different cables. I am running dual boot Chrome/OpenELEC (version 4.1.5)

Where can I find the firmware information and I have not updated SeaBIOS. If that was a step I missed it completely.

Thanks Matt

The change log at the bottom of the first post details any coreboot firmware and/or SeaBIOS updates. 7/29 is the latest version, so check against your version string.

SeaBIOS is automatically updated as part of the dual boot setup, so if you installed after 7/29 then no need to update, but you can run the update function of the script and it will check and update if needed

(2014-08-30, 03:59)bmwfanboy Wrote: Matt

Just found you on Facebook and liked. I'm going to snap a picture of my screen since its easier to post.

Post on G+, much easier for me than FB, which has is mostly just stuff my fiancée tags me in (and car stuff).
The xbmc Facebook site?
  • 80(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
ChromeBox Kodi E-Z Setup Script (LibreELEC/Linux+Kodi) [2017/02/21]37