• 82(current)
Linux ChromeBox Kodi E-Z Setup Script (LibreELEC/Linux+Kodi) [2017/02/21]
(2014-09-01, 06:54)JonniMR Wrote: Matt, is there any other settings I can adjust or change to solve my HDMI output flickering issue?

Not sure where to go from here, will restoring my chromebox and redoing the OpenELEC process help at all?

Thanks.

are you running a dual boot or standalone setup? The video init should be identical either way, but if you are using a dual-boot setup, am curious if ChromeOS displays the same behavior
I have an issue I followed the standalone setup and I backed up the flash but when I try to install the openelec and press esc for boot options it ignores it and still boots from hdd which is empty could that be because I used a 16gb USB key? Fixed myself by using different USB key
(2014-05-10, 22:52)Matt Devo Wrote:
(2014-05-10, 20:38)jsp1 Wrote: That would be really great if it could support suspend. One of the only major downsides of the box so far, I'd love to see it sleep/wake with remote.

ditto. as soon as I unbrick my ChromeBox (flashing some test firmware) I plan on looking at it

I am on dualboot Chromebox with ChromeOS + OpenELEC 4.07
I have a PS3 BD remote connected and working with XBMC

After reading through this thread, I assume - if I understood everything correctly - that it is not possible to wake up XMBC using a remote control yet. As per this comment:

2014-07-12 -- v2.14
------------------------------------------------------------------
- updated script to use a custom OpenELEC ChromeBox build for standalone setups, which enables USB3 ports to wake from suspend. Fixes the issue of IR remotes not being able to power on the system when suspended. Dual boot setups are unaffected since suspend/resume is broken anyway.
Sad 
I must have missed a step some where. I'm a noob to this so bare with me. I've set up my chromebox to be dual boot with openelec + chromeos, and even set the delay boot to openelec 30s. But doing CRTL-D on the chrome white screen does nothing to boot into chrome os. It ignores and goes into XBMC instead. I'm using a wireless keyboard, should I not?
^^^ I do CTRL-D a few times before the boot up even gets to the white screen
(2014-09-01, 13:19)zz000ter Wrote: I am on dualboot Chromebox with ChromeOS + OpenELEC 4.07
I have a PS3 BD remote connected and working with XBMC

After reading through this thread, I assume - if I understood everything correctly - that it is not possible to wake up XMBC using a remote control yet. As per this comment:

2014-07-12 -- v2.14
------------------------------------------------------------------
- updated script to use a custom OpenELEC ChromeBox build for standalone setups, which enables USB3 ports to wake from suspend. Fixes the issue of IR remotes not being able to power on the system when suspended. Dual boot setups are unaffected since suspend/resume is broken anyway.

suspend/resume is fully working now with standalone setups, using USB (IR, keyboard, mouse), BT, or WOL. Dual boot setups, due to issues with the stock firmware, are often problematic; OE in particular will reboot on resume.

(2014-09-01, 14:31)Mikcheka Wrote: I must have missed a step some where. I'm a noob to this so bare with me. I've set up my chromebox to be dual boot with openelec + chromeos, and even set the delay boot to openelec 30s. But doing CRTL-D on the chrome white screen does nothing to boot into chrome os. It ignores and goes into XBMC instead. I'm using a wireless keyboard, should I not?

some keyboards require OS initialization before they will work properly, yours is likely one of them -- try another. Wired vs wireless isn't the issue, as my Logitech K360 keyboard works fine, but a K400 (KB + trackpad) did not

(2014-09-01, 14:41)zz000ter Wrote: ^^^ I do CTRL-D a few times before the boot up even gets to the white screen

that's not going to help, as keyboard input is ignored prior to the video initialization which shows the developer boot screen
Well, I downloaded the Zako A2A-397 recovery image for my HP Chromebox and created an install USB. Boot screen tells me Chrome OS is missing or damaged please insert a recovery USB stick or SD card. When I install the newly created recovery USB it tells me that the device I inserted does not contain Chrome OS.
Now I am stuck.
(2014-09-02, 02:09)rahjer Wrote: Well, I downloaded the Zako A2A-397 recovery image for my HP Chromebox and created an install USB. Boot screen tells me Chrome OS is missing or damaged please insert a recovery USB stick or SD card. When I install the newly created recovery USB it tells me that the device I inserted does not contain Chrome OS.
Now I am stuck.

what did you use to create the recovery USB? Did you try directly downloading the image and using the tool linked in the wiki?
Matt,
I used Win32disk imager. I believe the image linked in the wiki is the panther image which I used and that got me into this trouble.

I downloaded the zako image from here:

name=HP Chromebox
version=5712.88.0
desc=HP Chromebox
channel=stable-channel
hwid=ZAKO A2A-397
hwid=ZAKO A2A-B4V
hwid=ZAKO C9D-W4A-A9H
hwid=ZAKO C9D-Y4A-A8U
md5=90ed8e849db3b60117d6c1e305966696
sha1=98d8164d21e5220cf81d83ae1ec3c4606a2a0deb
zipfilesize=483231773
file=chromeos_5712.88.0_zako_recovery_stable-channel_mp.bin
filesize=1562345472
url=https://dl.google.com/dl/edgedl/chromeos/recovery/chromeos_5712.88.0_zako_recovery_stable-channel_mp.bin.zip

After I unzip the file, I changed the .bin to .img
(2014-09-02, 04:32)rahjer Wrote: Matt,
I used Win32disk imager. I downloaded the zako image from here:

<snip>

After I unzip the file, I changed the .bin to .img

but the recovery screen indicates that you have the panther firmware -- how did that happen?
Matt,
I originally did a stand alone install of xbmc on the HP chromebox. I wanted to get back to stock, so I used the panther firmware by mistake and it took it with no problem untill the reboot. Now it will not let me flash any other image other than the panther image. But on the reboot it tells me that chrome os is corrupt or missing. Which gets me to the loop of doing it over and over with no success. Try to do the Zako image and it tells me there is no Chrome os on the inserted usb.
(2014-09-02, 04:56)rahjer Wrote: Matt,
I originally did a stand alone install of xbmc on the HP chromebox. I wanted to get back to stock, so I used the panther firmware by mistake and it took it with no problem untill the reboot. Now it will not let me flash any other image other than the panther image. But on the reboot it tells me that chrome os is corrupt or missing. Which gets me to the loop of doing it over and over with no success. Try to do the Zako image and it tells me there is no Chrome os on the inserted usb.

so you tried using the panther recovery image, and that took, but won't let you boot ChromeOS? And the Zako image won't take, since you have the panther firmware loaded?
The panther image took and on the reboot it says Chrome OS is missing or corrupt and you are correct, the Zako image won't load since I have the Panther firmware loaded.
(2014-09-02, 05:28)rahjer Wrote: The panther image took and on the reboot it says Chrome OS is missing or corrupt and you are correct, the Zako image won't load since I have the Panther firmware loaded.

at this point, I think you need to flash the Zako firmware back on there using a chip flasher. If you don't have one (and don't are to purchase) and are in the USA, you can send it to me and I'll revive it for you. Just PM me if interested.
I'm using a 4GB HP Chromebox and I'm having an issue.

I've removed the writeprotect screw, gone into developer mode, setup for standalone which installed the coreboot firmware and created an OpenELEC SD card.

Booted into the OpenELEC setup and this is what happens....

Any ideas?
The flash of background output is caused every time I press enter to "Quick Install of OpenELEC"
  • 82(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
ChromeBox Kodi E-Z Setup Script (LibreELEC/Linux+Kodi) [2017/02/21]37