• 96(current)
Linux ChromeBox Kodi E-Z Setup Script (LibreELEC/Linux+Kodi) [2017/02/21]
(2014-09-12, 21:32)pettergulbra Wrote:
(2014-09-12, 19:22)Matt Devo Wrote: MKV is a container, just like AVI - it tells us nothing about the audio/video streams contained therein. If a specific file won't play, turn on debug logging, attempt to play the file, then turn off debug logging, and post the log (using pastebinit) - there's plenty of instructions on the site on how to do so. So far, I've yet to run across anything the Chromebox flat out "won't play" so my guess is that the file is encoded in a non-standard way or somehow damaged, and for whatever reason Windows is able to handle that a bit more gracefully.

I had to test a little bit more, so I moved all the non working files to another folder. Then I used the file manager inside XBMC to try them.
And, there they work as a charm. So I cleaned the library, then copied back to the movie folder, and re scanned that folder.
Now it seems to work, hope it keeps that way.

Edit: It looks like it can`t add all the movies, even if there is local information. It cant find them with the scraper nether, strange as they have not changed the name on any folder since it worked.
Log while I scanning for new material: http://pastebin.com/P6qDFZiq

Thanks again. Always fast answers! :-)

1. this has nothing to do with this thread as far as I can see. (ie it is not a chromebox issue.)

2. At least give us the name of a film that does not scrape. Do you really think we want ot read every line of your log?
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
Hey guys Im try to get a mybook 3tb mounted to my chromebox but the only thing that shows up is the is the bloatware folder any help?
(2014-09-13, 03:11)sledgebrah Wrote: Hey guys Im try to get a mybook 3tb mounted to my chromebox but the only thing that shows up is the is the bloatware folder any help?

What OS are you running?
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
Openelec
SSH in and run the mount command. Post the output.
How exactly do i do that? Forgive me but I'm new to the linux world
Ok i got the mount command how do I copy my text from putty?
Assuming you have a network connection, use 'mount | pastebinit' and post the url returned
rootfs on / type rootfs (rw)
devtmpfs on /dev type devtmpfs (rw,relatime,size=956836k,nr_inodes=239209,mode=755)
proc on /proc type proc (rw,relatime)
sysfs on /sys type sysfs (rw,relatime)
/dev/sda6 on /flash type ext4 (ro,noatime)
/dev/sda7 on /storage type ext4 (rw,noatime)
/dev/loop0 on / type squashfs (ro,relatime)
tmpfs on /dev/shm type tmpfs (rw,nosuid,nodev)
devpts on /dev/pts type devpts (rw,nosuid,noexec,relatime,gid=5,mode=620)
tmpfs on /run type tmpfs (rw,nosuid,nodev,mode=755)
tmpfs on /sys/fs/cgroup type tmpfs (ro,nosuid,nodev,noexec,mode=755)
cgroup on /sys/fs/cgroup/systemd type cgroup (rw,nosuid,nodev,noexec,relatime,xattr,release_agent=/usr/lib/systemd/systemd-cgroups-agent,name=systemd)
mqueue on /dev/mqueue type mqueue (rw,relatime)
tmpfs on /tmp type tmpfs (rw)
debugfs on /sys/kernel/debug type debugfs (rw,relatime)
tmpfs on /var type tmpfs (rw,relatime)
/dev/sda8 on /var/media/OEM type ext4 (rw,nosuid,nodev,noexec,noatime,data=ordered)
/dev/sda12 on /var/media/EFI-SYSTEM type vfat (rw,nosuid,nodev,noexec,noatime,fmask=0133,dmask=0022,codepage=437,iocharset=ascii,shortname=mixed,utf8,errors=remount-ro)
/dev/sda1 on /var/media/sda1-ata-SanDisk_SSD_U110 type ext4 (rw,nosuid,nodev,noexec,noatime,data=ordered)
/dev/sr0 on /var/media/WD SmartWare type udf (ro,nosuid,nodev,noexec,noatime,uid=0,gid=0,utf8)
ok, so you're dual booting. What's the SeaBIOS date stamp on the boot screen?

also, next time just post the URL
Those WD drives can be pretty weird in other operating systems. Try googling for the exact model number and linux or openelec.
(2014-09-12, 23:10)nickr Wrote: 1. this has nothing to do with this thread as far as I can see. (ie it is not a chromebox issue.)

2. At least give us the name of a film that does not scrape. Do you really think we want ot read every line of your log?

1: Sorry for this, point mw where to ask and I`ll quit asking here.

2: 6 Bullets (2012), 2012 (2009) 2012 Ice Age (2011), A Christmas Carol (2009), The Accidental Husband (2008)
This is some of them, it a lot more.

And here is a new video of the start up problem, when this was finished I just got the mouse arrow on the screen.
Video
Petter :-)
Many thanks for all the effort YOU all do! THANKS! :-)
nVidia Shield TV (2015), Samsung QE75Q70R and Yamaha RX-V767
(2014-09-13, 10:05)pettergulbra Wrote:
(2014-09-12, 23:10)nickr Wrote: 1. this has nothing to do with this thread as far as I can see. (ie it is not a chromebox issue.)

1: Sorry for this, point mw where to ask and I`ll quit asking here.

2: 6 Bullets (2012), 2012 (2009) 2012 Ice Age (2011), A Christmas Carol (2009), The Accidental Husband (2008)
This is some of them, it a lot more.

And here is a new video of the start up problem, when this was finished I just got the mouse arrow on the screen.
Video

I guess one of the scraping threads or the general xbmc/kodi help thread.

Anyway it looks like al lthose movies, XBMC thinks it has already scanned. e.g.

Quote:19:51:10 T:139783440721664 DEBUG: VideoInfoScanner: Skipping dir 'smb://STUE-PC/Filmer/2012 Ice Age (2011)/' due to no change (fasthash)
(2014-09-13, 08:29)nickr Wrote: Those WD drives can be pretty weird in other operating systems. Try googling for the exact model number and linux or openelec.

Model number is wdaau0015hbk-00
WD elements 3tb external drive.

(2014-09-13, 08:26)Matt Devo Wrote: ok, so you're dual booting. What's the SeaBIOS date stamp on the boot screen?

Where do I get the seabios date stamp? My chromebox has the 1sec boot time setup
(2014-09-13, 15:41)sledgebrah Wrote:
(2014-09-13, 08:26)Matt Devo Wrote: ok, so you're dual booting. What's the SeaBIOS date stamp on the boot screen?

Where do I get the seabios date stamp? My chromebox has the 1sec boot time setup

the SeaBIOS boot screen will give you a 5s window to 'Press ESC for boot menu' if there's more than one bootable drive detected - the 1s delay is before SeaBIOS loads. If it's not doing that with your WD HDD, then connect any USB stick prior to boot.
  • 96(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
ChromeBox Kodi E-Z Setup Script (LibreELEC/Linux+Kodi) [2017/02/21]37