• 97(current)
Linux ChromeBox Kodi E-Z Setup Script (LibreELEC/Linux+Kodi) [2017/02/21]
So on the boot screen I get:

Seabios (version rel-1.7.5-11-g20f934d-20140906-MattDevo
So, apparently I need to take back the things I said about my USB audio device working flawlessly. I don't get any USB audio out of Suspend/Standby, but do on a cold boot. HDMI audio works fine out of Suspend/Standby, however I won't be using HDMI audio so this doesn't help me.

I'm using a USB 2.0 CM6631A device. My n00b'ish review of the standard log files doesn't seem to show any errors or difference between coming out of standby vs. cold booting. Likewise, enabling debug, starting playback and checking the log doesn't seem to show any errors either.

I'm going to try booting from a Ubuntu Live USB to see if it behaves the same way or not.

Edit: I did some testing with Ubuntu 14.04.1 LTS 64-bit on the Chromebox and several other systems and got the same results, so I'm pretty confident that it has nothing to do with OpenELEC or the Chromebox so I won't post any further about it here. Apologies for going off topic.
(2014-09-13, 16:36)Stereodude Wrote: So, apparently I need to take back the things I said about my USB audio device working flawlessly. I don't get any USB audio out of Suspend/Standby, but do on a cold boot. HDMI audio works fine out of Suspend/Standby, however I won't be using HDMI audio so this doesn't help me.

I'm using a USB 2.0 CM6631A device. My n00b'ish review of the standard log files doesn't seem to show any errors or difference between coming out of standby vs. cold booting. Likewise, enabling debug, starting playback and checking the log doesn't seem to show any errors either.

I'm going to try booting from a Ubuntu Live USB to see if it behaves the same way or not.

Edit: I did some testing with Ubuntu 14.04.1 LTS 64-bit on the Chromebox and several other systems and got the same results, so I'm pretty confident that it has nothing to do with OpenELEC or the Chromebox so I won't post any further about it here. Apologies for going off topic.

FYI, no issues with my Turtle Beach USB adapter, went in/out of suspend 5x, (passthru) audio played fine upon resume each time

(2014-09-13, 16:19)sledgebrah Wrote: So on the boot screen I get:

and on the boot menu, it doesn't show the WD drive, correct? PM me and I'll provide you instructions to load a test version of SeaBIOS, which may help with the drive detection
(2014-09-13, 18:24)Matt Devo Wrote:
(2014-09-13, 16:36)Stereodude Wrote: So, apparently I need to take back the things I said about my USB audio device working flawlessly. I don't get any USB audio out of Suspend/Standby, but do on a cold boot. HDMI audio works fine out of Suspend/Standby, however I won't be using HDMI audio so this doesn't help me.

FYI, no issues with my Turtle Beach USB adapter, went in/out of suspend 5x, (passthru) audio played fine upon resume each time

(2014-09-13, 16:19)sledgebrah Wrote: So on the boot screen I get:

and on the boot menu, it doesn't show the WD drive, correct? PM me and I'll provide you instructions to load a test version of SeaBIOS, which may help with the drive detection

When I hit the ESC button to get me to SeaBIOS Screen, it does give me 3 options to boot from

1.dvd/cd [usb msc drive WD virtual cd
2.AHCI/O: Sandisk SSD
3. USB MSC drive wd my book

So I think it does see it
(2014-09-13, 18:55)sledgebrah Wrote: When I hit the ESC button to get me to SeaBIOS Screen, it does give me 3 options to boot from

1.dvd/cd [usb msc drive WD virtual cd
2.AHCI/O: Sandisk SSD
3. USB MSC drive wd my book

So I think it does see it

then I think is a more general issue with the WD mybook drives and OpenELEC (potentially USB3-related), vs a ChromeBox-specific issue
Crap lol
(2014-09-13, 18:24)Matt Devo Wrote: FYI, no issues with my Turtle Beach USB adapter, went in/out of suspend 5x, (passthru) audio played fine upon resume each time
TheTrash on #openelec was super helpful and had me try a variety of things to create a workaround since he said getting the kernel updated would be a long shot. Ultimately, unbinding and binding the usb device (simulating an unplug / replug) corrects the issue. I put it in a suspend and resume script and now I have audio out of suspend.

01-script-name.power:
Code:
#!/bin/sh
case "$1" in
   pre)
     sh -c 'echo 1-5 > /sys/bus/usb/drivers/usb/unbind'
     ;;
   post)
     sh -c 'echo 1-5 > /sys/bus/usb/drivers/usb/bind'
     ;;
esac
I GOT IT! You have disable the WD bloatware by downloading there latest firmware and then download some other WD crap to disable the bloat ware from appearing.
(2014-09-12, 19:22)Matt Devo Wrote:
(2014-09-12, 12:22)noggin Wrote: Just tried this - and no MADI or MCDI options were visible? (However the Kodi build didn't look like FernetMenta's fork as it didn't have the Prefer VAAPI method and still included the SW deinterlace?)

not sure what to say, I did a clean install on my CB and tested both of those options with 50i content.

Just to update - my mistake. I hadn't done a properly clean install. I now have MADI and MCDI. And they're great!
(2014-09-11, 22:38)pettergulbra Wrote: If I use the sleep function on the box, it works nice if I turn it on in a short time.
If I don`t use the machine for a while, I get stuck at boot up with some text running, and the it hangs with the cursor on the screen.
Video of the fault

I have now seen this again, now with a little better closeup on the screen.

Video
Petter :-)
Many thanks for all the effort YOU all do! THANKS! :-)
nVidia Shield TV (2015), Samsung QE75Q70R and Yamaha RX-V767
Weird, never seen that before. There is clearly some problem detecting the video system and starting X. Just to check, does it do this from cold boot? Openelec boots so fast I wonder if sleeping is worth it.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
(2014-09-13, 22:54)pettergulbra Wrote: I have now seen this again, now with a little better closeup on the screen.

Video

are you using a VPN connection? because that's what looks like is failing / causing the problem
(2014-09-13, 23:21)nickr Wrote: Weird, never seen that before. There is clearly some problem detecting the video system and starting X. Just to check, does it do this from cold boot? Openelec boots so fast I wonder if sleeping is worth it.

No, not from cold boot as I have seen. Reason I use sleep, is to use the remote to turn it on. The box are hidden so there is no easy way to use the button. And are not a good solution in an living room. :-)

(2014-09-13, 23:21)Matt Devo Wrote: are you using a VPN connection? because that's what looks like is failing / causing the problem

Not using a VPN connection. And it is connected directly to the router via cable. No wifi.
And it have an stativ IP.

Petter
I'd stop in the OpenELEC IRC channel and see if any of the folks there can help
That I will try.
Thanks. :-)
  • 97(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
ChromeBox Kodi E-Z Setup Script (LibreELEC/Linux+Kodi) [2017/02/21]37