• 83(current)
Linux ChromeBox Kodi E-Z Setup Script (LibreELEC/Linux+Kodi) [2017/02/21]
Have you tried OE 4.0.7?
| myHTPC |
(2014-09-02, 20:17)ant_thomas Wrote: I'm using a 4GB HP Chromebox and I'm having an issue.

I've removed the writeprotect screw, gone into developer mode, setup for standalone which installed the coreboot firmware and created an OpenELEC SD card.

Booted into the OpenELEC setup and this is what happens....

<snip>

Any ideas?
The flash of background output is caused every time I press enter to "Quick Install of OpenELEC"

Just tested and was able to reproduce that here - looks like the OE folks botched something with the installer for 4.1.5. I'd download an older / known working version (4.0.7 or 4.1.4), use that to create a USB installer, and then manually upgrade to 4.1.5.

In the meantime, I'll revert the script to use 4.1.4
Thanks for the quick reply Matt.

I'll give that a go.
Installing 4.1.4 worked fine.
Seem to have an issue where the HP Chromebox hangs on boot if my TV/AVR aren't turned on.

Not a huge issue because if I suspend the box everything turns on using CEC absolutely fine. Wakes perfectly from MCE IR remote too.
Matt I tied wake on LAN on the HP chrome box after I shut it down from the menu but the box did not come back on. Anything I would need to enable? I used official iOS xbmc remote
(2014-09-02, 23:48)MrLondon Wrote: Matt I tied wake on LAN on the HP chrome box after I shut it down from the menu but the box did not come back on. Anything I would need to enable? I used official iOS xbmc remote

WOL didn't work for me when it was shutdown but works fine when suspended if that helps you.
Yes WoL is meant for suspend mode NOT when the box is completely off.
My XBMC/Kodi folder: addons, skins, addon/menu backgrounds & more
Just got the HP today, thanks to this thread.

It'll replace a Nuc i3 running xbmcbuntu.
Just followed instructions, removed the screw, etc...

Tried the dual boot with OE, and now stuck at 'booting from hard disk", chrome boots fine with CTRL L.
Have read in the topic about the cross system, checked it, and i'm in dev mode as it should be.

I reran the script twice, still no luck.

Not sure what to do from here, restore to chrome bios, and start again ?
(2014-09-03, 14:23)c0mm0n Wrote: Just followed instructions, removed the screw, etc...

Tried the dual boot with OE, and now stuck at 'booting from hard disk", chrome boots fine with CTRL L.
Have read in the topic about the cross system, checked it, and i'm in dev mode as it should be.

I reran the script twice, still no luck.

Not sure what to do from here, restore to chrome bios, and start again ?

$5 says you didn't do a reset using the recovery media (as per section 1.3 of the wiki) prior to install. Do that, the redo the dual boot setup and you'll be all set Smile
Give me your paypal (pm me, no kidding).

I've just fixed it by doing the core boot method.I didn't need the dual boot anyway.

OpenElec working great, have to make IR work, and should be all set.

Thanks a lot for your work.
(2014-09-03, 16:20)c0mm0n Wrote: Give me your paypal (pm me, no kidding).

I've just fixed it by doing the core boot method.I didn't need the dual boot anyway.

OpenElec working great, have to make IR work, and should be all set.

Thanks a lot for your work.
Some IR receivers are still problematic under Linux when connected to USB3 ports. There's one type of MCE receiver in particular that's not working , noted in the wiki.
I have this one for now : http://www.amazon.fr/gp/product/B003ZV3J...UTF8&psc=1 Testing tonight.

I'm surprised at how noisy the HP can be, even when XBMC is idling. The i3 was much more silent.

Anyone tried to remove/replace the fan ?
I haven't gotten my hands on a HP yet, but the Asus is silent for the most part. I can get the fan make/model for comparison
  • 83(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
ChromeBox Kodi E-Z Setup Script (LibreELEC/Linux+Kodi) [2017/02/21]37