• 98(current)
Linux ChromeBox Kodi E-Z Setup Script (LibreELEC/Linux+Kodi) [2017/02/21]
Hi Matt,
New Asus Chrombox, as per your much appreciated script and instruction, configured to Setup: ChromeOS + OpenELEC (dual boot).
Problems: 1-Audio OK on XBMC. No audio on Chrome side. I am using HDMI connection.
2- Booting into Chrome. Booting time is so short, I am having problem clicking (ctrl+L) to boot into XBMC. Any way to start with a booting choice.
These issues may have been addressed in this post, but the search function was not helpful.
Your help will be much appreciated.
Best Regards.
(2014-09-14, 21:58)figaro Wrote: Hi Matt,
New Asus Chrombox, as per your much appreciated script and instruction, configured to Setup: ChromeOS + OpenELEC (dual boot).
Problems: 1-Audio OK on XBMC. No audio on Chrome side. I am using HDMI connection.
2- Booting into Chrome. Booting time is so short, I am having problem clicking (ctrl+L) to boot into XBMC. Any way to start with a booting choice.
These issues may have been addressed in this post, but the search function was not helpful.
Your help will be much appreciated.
Best Regards.

1) I really can't help you with ChromeOS audio issues; I don't use ChromeOS at all. Try the ChromeBox or Chromebooks communities on Google+ for best chance at a useful response

2) use the script option to set the boot delay back to 30s, rather than 1s.
been having a strange issue lately when starting my box from sleep, I am unable to read my network shares for about 5-10 minutes.

I try playing a video or some music and it either says that it cant connect or that the file is no longer available.

anyone run into this ?

seems like it just started a few days ago. may have started when I had my desktop running on wireless instead of wired for a day while I was moving around wires but its now wired up again so don't see why that would cause a problem.
(2014-09-15, 16:36)dchabby Wrote: been having a strange issue lately when starting my box from sleep, I am unable to read my network shares for about 5-10 minutes.
Try the solution mentioned here.
(2014-09-15, 21:32)Stereodude Wrote:
(2014-09-15, 16:36)dchabby Wrote: been having a strange issue lately when starting my box from sleep, I am unable to read my network shares for about 5-10 minutes.
Try the solution mentioned here.

Thanks but for some strange reason when I go into the openelec settings, my network options don't show up. They are exactly the same as the system settings so I cant change any of the network settings.

and I noticed when I reboot that it pops up just for a few seconds that it is doing a media scan.

my install maybe corrupt so I guess I need to reinstall
(2014-09-03, 15:55)Matt Devo Wrote:
(2014-09-03, 14:23)c0mm0n Wrote: Just followed instructions, removed the screw, etc...

Tried the dual boot with OE, and now stuck at 'booting from hard disk", chrome boots fine with CTRL L.
Have read in the topic about the cross system, checked it, and i'm in dev mode as it should be.

I reran the script twice, still no luck.

Not sure what to do from here, restore to chrome bios, and start again ?

$5 says you didn't do a reset using the recovery media (as per section 1.3 of the wiki) prior to install. Do that, the redo the dual boot setup and you'll be all set Smile
Hi Matt,
Thank you for making this great script.... What should I do if I have the same problem, but I tried to install the core standalone? In other words, I can't boot into chomeOS, nor into the panther recovery image USB. I don't know if it's important or not but, everything seemed fine when I flashed the new firmware. Do you have any suggestions?
(2014-09-16, 03:20)dchabby Wrote: Thanks but for some strange reason when I go into the openelec settings, my network options don't show up. They are exactly the same as the system settings so I cant change any of the network settings.

and I noticed when I reboot that it pops up just for a few seconds that it is doing a media scan.

try manually deleting the user data for the OpenELEC addon (delete the folder \Userdata\addon_data\service.openelec.settings ) and reboot

(2014-09-16, 03:20)integrityjason Wrote: Hi Matt,
Thank you for making this great script.... What should I do if I have the same problem, but I tried to install the core standalone? In other words, I can't boot into chomeOS, nor into the panther recovery image USB. I don't know if it's important or not but, everything seemed fine when I flashed the new firmware. Do you have any suggestions?

well, if you did the standalone setup, then you're not going to be able to boot into ChromeOS, nor use the recovery image USB - both of those require the stock firmware. So my question then is, where are you stuck exactly? Once you've installed the standalone coreboot firmware, you just need to install OpenELEC (or whatever OS you want) via USB, selecting it at the boot menu
(2014-09-16, 03:42)Matt Devo Wrote:
(2014-09-16, 03:20)dchabby Wrote: Thanks but for some strange reason when I go into the openelec settings, my network options don't show up. They are exactly the same as the system settings so I cant change any of the network settings.

try manually deleting the user data for the OpenELEC addon (delete the folder \Userdata\addon_data\service.openelec.settings ) and reboot

ok tried that but I saw the same popup when rebooting and then the same situation with the openelec network settings (cant get them)

is it time to try and reinstall ? is that an easy process ?
(2014-09-16, 03:59)dchabby Wrote: ok tried that but I saw the same popup when rebooting and then the same situation with the openelec network settings (cant get them)

you can do a 'soft reset' which is effectively the same thing. only takes me 5 min or so to reset everything, but I'm well-practiced given the amount of testing I do
Does hdmi-cec work in openelec on the asus chromebox M004U?
Does hdmi-cec work at all on chromebox?
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
(2014-09-16, 07:41)nickr Wrote: Does hdmi-cec work at all on chromebox?

HDMI CEC does not work with any Intel HDMI graphics card.

If you want HDMI CEC then you will need to purchase the Pulse Eight CEC Adapter.
http://www.pulse-eight.com/store/product...apter.aspx

I am using this HDMI CEC adapter on my ASUS Chromebox running OpenELEC and it works great when connected to my Panasonic TV.

Geoff
(2014-09-16, 04:05)Matt Devo Wrote:
(2014-09-16, 03:59)dchabby Wrote: ok tried that but I saw the same popup when rebooting and then the same situation with the openelec network settings (cant get them)

you can do a 'soft reset' which is effectively the same thing. only takes me 5 min or so to reset everything, but I'm well-practiced given the amount of testing I do

Are there any instructions on how to do a 'soft reset' ? not really sure what that means
It is an options under Openelec system menu. Do a soft not a hard reset.
OK thanks - will check out when I get home. Hopefully that option isn't missing for me under my openelec settings
  • 98(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
ChromeBox Kodi E-Z Setup Script (LibreELEC/Linux+Kodi) [2017/02/21]37