• 104(current)
Linux ChromeBox Kodi E-Z Setup Script (LibreELEC/Linux+Kodi) [2017/02/21]
(2014-09-23, 22:09)nickr Wrote: Real men control their fileservers with SSH. Smile

real men don't use Ubuntu as their file server either Big Grin
(2014-09-23, 07:45)nickr Wrote: Sorry that I do not know.

Do you have a bios problem? If not, why would you update?

No, just curious as I was under the impression it is a work in progress.
(2014-09-23, 22:41)txrpls Wrote:
(2014-09-23, 07:45)nickr Wrote: Sorry that I do not know.

Do you have a bios problem? If not, why would you update?

No, just curious as I was under the impression it is a work in progress.

all software is a work in progress, but the firmware for the ChromeBox (coreboot/SeaBIOS) is pretty stable at the moment; I don't have any update in the works. But the wiki details how to upgrade if/when necessary.
Thanks for the info and the script.
(2014-09-23, 22:29)Matt Devo Wrote:
(2014-09-23, 22:09)nickr Wrote: Real men control their fileservers with SSH. Smile

real men don't use Ubuntu as their file server either Big Grin

Oh dear, well that makes me a fail!
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
Oh my, cant download the script. I get the following error. Google Drive quota exceeded.
(2014-09-23, 23:37)rahjer Wrote: Oh my, cant download the script. I get the following error. Google Drive quota exceeded.

hence the note in the OP with the alternate dropbox link
I'm probably not in the right section but I'll ask anyway.. how would one bind only one remote key to wake from suspend in XBMC ? Wake from suspend work perfectly for me (I still have sound) but I would like to be able to wake up with a single key only since I'm using the remote for other needs.
(2014-09-25, 18:29)Netix Wrote: I'm probably not in the right section but I'll ask anyway.. how would one bind only one remote key to wake from suspend in XBMC ? Wake from suspend work perfectly for me (I still have sound) but I would like to be able to wake up with a single key only since I'm using the remote for other needs.

I don't understand the question. The remote's power button wakes from suspend.
(2014-09-25, 19:21)Matt Devo Wrote:
(2014-09-25, 18:29)Netix Wrote: I'm probably not in the right section but I'll ask anyway.. how would one bind only one remote key to wake from suspend in XBMC ? Wake from suspend work perfectly for me (I still have sound) but I would like to be able to wake up with a single key only since I'm using the remote for other needs.

I don't understand the question. The remote's power button wakes from suspend.

Nvm found the answer in the wiki :

Flirc users need to set the "sleep detection" bit and program a wake key when setting it up, otherwise absolutely any IR signal will wake up your box from sleep.

And I didn't specified Flirc so my question was really not that clear.. sorry !

Also when I resume from suspend and I close my tv. When I turn everything back on and I resume, I get no sound and a greenish xbmc : http://imgur.com/c83t76Y

I tried the workaround in the wiki but no luck..

No Audio on Wakeup
Some displays/AVRs don't successfully handshake when resuming from suspend, leading to no audio output until the audio output device is changed or the device rebooted.
Solution: add the following line to the autostart script and reboot the device:
xrandr --output HDMI1 --set "audio" "on"
Use 'DP1' instead of 'HDMI1' if connected via the DisplayPort output. See the OpenELEC Autostart wiki page for more info.
you can create a script that will run on suspend/resume, use that to force a reset/refresh of the screen. Someone detailed it a few pages back, and it's in the OE wiki too
(2014-09-23, 22:09)nickr Wrote:
(2014-09-23, 21:59)rodddogg Wrote: I'm leaning more towards the web GUI FreeNAS provides. Noob question but can any linux distro be installed on the CB after the firmware flash? If I possibly looked at OpenMediaVault.. TBH I still haven't done enough research on how I want to do this.. any recommendations?

Real men control their fileservers with SSH. Smile

+1 Cool
(2014-09-25, 22:24)Matt Devo Wrote: you can create a script that will run on suspend/resume, use that to force a reset/refresh of the screen. Someone detailed it a few pages back, and it's in the OE wiki too

Can't seem to find that post or the wiki.. :/
(2014-09-25, 23:34)Netix Wrote: Can't seem to find that post or the wiki.. :/
Here you go.
(2014-09-26, 05:08)Stereodude Wrote:
(2014-09-25, 23:34)Netix Wrote: Can't seem to find that post or the wiki.. :/
Here you go.

Thanks Stereodude, I went on the #openelec IRC channel and a guy named lrusak fixed everything ! I got a script running a xrandr command everytime the chromebox resume so I got sound and no more green screen Smile
  • 104(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
ChromeBox Kodi E-Z Setup Script (LibreELEC/Linux+Kodi) [2017/02/21]37