Win upnp woes - Crash on exit
Im a fiddler.

A couple of days ago I decided to install xbmc on my iphone. It went swimmingly! Then I needed something to watch so I enabled upnp on my XBMC box, lo and behold I was able to watch tv shows an movies from my box. But Im not always ast home so I decided I needed to set up a VPN connection to the box so I could watch stuff from anywhere.... no real problem there either... but now we're coming to where I noticed the problem...

.... shortly after doing this I noticed XBMC started locking up whenever I tried to Exit/Shut down/Reboot/Whatever. Im lazy so I did nothing, just used task manager to kill it. Then it started bugging me, but I am still lazy so rather than troubleshoot I upgraded from Frodo to Gotham.... still happening... ok time to get serious... turned on logging, looked at log file last few lines related to stopping upnp client and server. I had an idea, disable upnp see if that fixed it... went into settings... click on upnp to turn it off..... XBMC crashes... kill and restart XBMC go back into settings xbmc is still enabled...

I am at best a dilettante and have reached my limits for checking this.... any hints on how to turn off upnp withour using the settings page would be welcome.

Im running Win 7 64bit
Gotham compiled May 5th

Here are the last few lines of my log file:

13:31:11 T:180 INFO: Loading skin file: SettingsCategory.xml, load type: KEEP_IN_MEMORY
13:31:16 T:180 DEBUG: CApplication:TonguerocessMouse: trying mouse action leftclick
13:31:16 T:180 NOTICE: Disabled debug logging due to GUI setting. Level 0.
13:31:16 T:180 NOTICE: Log level changed to 0
13:31:29 T:4164 NOTICE: Thread LanguageInvoker start, auto delete: false
13:31:29 T:4164 NOTICE: -->Python Interpreter Initialized<--
13:31:39 T:4060 NOTICE: Thread JobWorker start, auto delete: true
13:31:55 T:180 NOTICE: stopping upnp client
13:31:55 T:180 NOTICE: stopping upnp server
Update:

Managed to turn off upnp in guisettings.xml - XBMC immediately started shutting down normally again, Re-enabled upnp via menu and same issue. Crash on exit, so there is definitely something up in the upnp code. Whether it relates to an add-on or not will require more testing. I dont have a lot of add-ons running though. The only one I recall adding offhand was one to give me a library search from the front menu screen.
Update 2:

OK I have disabled all 4 of the addons I installed, now just running with addons it ships with and it is still crashing when I try to exit XBMC. Another way to make it crash is to try and disable upnp from the settings. I have no idea where to go from here.... any help much appreciated

XBMC Log: http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=200575
any updates on this issue, I am facing exactly the same issue, except I am running the latest Gotham build on Windows 8.1 64bit with 16GB RAM
Did anyone find the answer to this I have the exact same problem as detailed on a win 8 64bit pc

Regards

Paul
check if you have 'wake up on lan" enabled. WOL for short. Could be the culprit
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
That is a good point I believe it is switched on on my wifi card I will have a look and repost back

Regards

Paul
Ok all sorted it wasn't the WOL causing the issue but however I did find loads of network adaptors that had been created when I added a VPN network the other day. I removed these adaptors and surprisingly all shut down fine within a few seconds

Thanks for pointing me in the right direction tho and hope this will help others

Paul

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
upnp woes - Crash on exit0