Zotac ID41 - GPU showing 120+ degrees in XBMC
Hi Guys,

This all first started when Windows 7 wouldn't boot up on my Zotac ID41 - It would get to the Windows loading logo screen, freeze and then eventually blue screen & shut off.

I've tried installing XBMCBuntu, Linux Lite (then install XBMC), Ubuntu 14.4 (then installing XBMC), but all result in XBMC freezing after about 10 seconds of using it.

If I go to the CPU monitor within XBMC, everything is running cool and normal...

If I go to the GPU monitor within XBMC, the temperatures are through the roof, fluctuating between 100 degress and 130 degress, causing the system to respond every 30 seconds for about 5 seconds, then it'd freeze again.

At the moment I'm putting it down to a bust GPU...

Any thoughts on this? Is there a way I can get to the GPU to change the thermal paste? I've looked for screws against the fan, but they seem to have been riveted.

Cheers
(2014-05-08, 14:56)Jobe84 Wrote: Hi Guys,

This all first started when Windows 7 wouldn't boot up on my Zotac ID41 - It would get to the Windows loading logo screen, freeze and then eventually blue screen & shut off.

I've tried installing XBMCBuntu, Linux Lite (then install XBMC), Ubuntu 14.4 (then installing XBMC), but all result in XBMC freezing after about 10 seconds of using it.

If I go to the CPU monitor within XBMC, everything is running cool and normal...

If I go to the GPU monitor within XBMC, the temperatures are through the roof, fluctuating between 100 degress and 130 degress, causing the system to respond every 30 seconds for about 5 seconds, then it'd freeze again.

At the moment I'm putting it down to a bust GPU...

Any thoughts on this? Is there a way I can get to the GPU to change the thermal paste? I've looked for screws against the fan, but they seem to have been riveted.

Cheers

fahrenheit or Celsius

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Zotac ID41 - GPU showing 120+ degrees in XBMC0