[WinRT] XBMC Clicker
Hello all!

Today I am very happy to share with you a project that I have been working on for the better part of the last six months. But first, a little background. Since the release of Windows 8 I have wanted to create a remote app for XBMC. I always thought the "Modern" design lended itself brilliantly to displaying media content, with its rich and beautiful visuals and "no chrome" approach, all of the stunning fanart and posters can truly be showcased.

The one problem with my desire to create this app was...well...I'd never written an app before Smile. Not to be deterred however I installed Visual Studio and began my endeavor. After a couple of false starts, I've made it to the first release. So, on to the app itself.

My goal here was to ultimately create the "one app to rule them all". Unfortunately I have so many ideas and things I want to implement it is going to have to be done in a staged approach, so while the initial release has quite a few features, including some that no other remote app's have, I am committed to providing frequent and feature rich updates over the lifecycle of this app. In the end, i truly believe this will be the most feature rich and capable XBMC Remote App in the Windows Store.

All that being said, I urge you all to please hit the store, give it a download and try it out. Of course, let me know what you think either here in the forums or through the Store.

Oh yeah, one last thing I forgot to mention - the app is FREE, with zero ads, and always will be that way. Enjoy all!

Features
  • Fast, fluid, beautiful views of all your media
  • Fully featured gesture remote with snap support
  • Play Next Unwatched button for TV Shows that automatically plays next unwatched episode
  • Mark Watched/Unwatched via right click context menu
  • Quick in-app access to a media's content page (IMDB for Movies, TVDB for TV Shows, Wikipedia for Artists)
  • Zeroconf host discovery
  • Wake-On-Lan support for sleeping hosts

Screenshots
ImageImage

Store Link
http://apps.microsoft.com/windows/en-us/...d47acccaf2
Hi
I ´ve just download it to take a look
It´s nice and beautifull
But something important is missing : frodo and gotham include livetv and pvr functions and we can ´t access to it with your app
Regards
Looks great! Well done on getting this up and running.
Thanks for the feedback guys!

LiveTV and PVR functions are definitely on my list of things to add and will be in future versions...I personally don't use them at this time so my implementation will be dependent on me getting the hardware necessary to use it, but it's on my radar!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[WinRT] XBMC Clicker0